PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Requirement?

teddiejl
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
I was looking over this game and came upon in the overview saying Hard Drive required space of 10GB. I only have the 4GB flash memory xbox model with a 32GB flashdrive plugged into it. Will Defiance work if I install to the flashdrive? Or does it have to be on the hard drive like the 250GB model?

Sig
05-31-2013, 07:45 PM
I tried to install to my flash drive and it installed, then told me to use Hard drive. So I installed on my hard drive, that was after an hour of patching. Just my experience, may vary

poisd2strike
05-31-2013, 07:46 PM
I was looking over this game and came upon in the overview saying Hard Drive required space of 10GB. I only have the 4GB flash memory xbox model with a 32GB flashdrive plugged into it. Will Defiance work if I install to the flashdrive? Or does it have to be on the hard drive like the 250GB model?

I cannot say for certain, but the fact that is says 10 GB HDD space required leads me to believe you cannot install to a flash drive. That means you would likely have to upgrade your Xbox 360 to a model with a larger HDD like the 250 GB.

Sig
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Also, I was under the impression that the xbox can only utilize 16 gigs of a flash drive, regardless of total size. I haven't tested this, so I could be wrong. I've been using a flash drive for my gamertag since they added flash drives as storage media, so it's been years.

teddiejl
05-31-2013, 08:02 PM
I cannot say for certain, but the fact that is says 10 GB HDD space required leads me to believe you cannot install to a flash drive. That means you would likely have to upgrade your Xbox 360 to a model with a larger HDD like the 250 GB.
Thanks alot for the help. Looks like I will probably spend some more money than expected :P

Buruko
05-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Some quick and dirty Xbox Install steps (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1423/kw/xbox%20install)

Xbox customers try to install Defiance to your Xbox Hard Drive or USB drive
- Insert the game disc into the disc drive.
Note: After you insert the disc, the default option is to automatically start the game. If the game starts, exit the game, and return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Home.
- Highlight the game you want to install with your controller.
- Press X on your controller.
- Select Install to Hard Drive.
- A progress indicator appears while your game is installed to your hard drive. Installing a game to your hard drive can take up to 12 minutes.

You can install to a flash drive however they recommend a hard drive install as the flash drive is not as fast performance wise. And so long as your Xbox is up to date (if your on live it has to be) you can use a 32 GB Flash drive (http://kotaku.com/5959364/xbox-360-supports-32gb-usb-drives-after-latest-update).

topcatfish
06-01-2013, 02:23 AM
i use 32 gig memory stick works fine no problems,also if i want to use the xbox upstairs i just plug it in there

HamsterExAstris
06-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Also, I was under the impression that the xbox can only utilize 16 gigs of a flash drive, regardless of total size. I haven't tested this, so I could be wrong. I've been using a flash drive for my gamertag since they added flash drives as storage media, so it's been years.
It was originally 16GB, but Microsoft increased it to 32GB a few months ago.

Merilee
06-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm using a USB stick. Works just fine for me.