PDA

View Full Version : inventory strangling and constantly full

shadowkin
05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Guys please do something about the constant starving and choking us of inventory space. I know u wanna sell inventory space but seriously strangling us is a bad way to do it. I have played many MMOs and one of my personal observations over the years is how people hate constantly micro managing their inventory.

U guys can still sell bag space, and when u add a bank system u can sell bank tabs too, but as it stands something must be done. It is so dire for me that i have 63 slots and i have to stop every 5 min to salvage the last 5 items i picked up. Honestly just make mods a separate tab of the inventory or something or add an auction house so i don't have to worry about hoarding every level 3 mod i find. Maybe even add a trade channel, as forum trading is like telegraph relative to a text message.

Please i feel like i can't do any more side missions bc it means i will constantly have to salvage every 2 minutes, and woe to me if i pick up something i need, that'll be only 3 more inventory slots left. I have a few purples i have saved for pvp, and a handful of each gun i am leveling (semis and sawed offs), and the rest are mods from hotshots.

Seriously listen, i am sure people hate having to constantly spend a quarter of their game time constantly salvaging new items. I can't be the only one who feels like this is giving me claustraphobia almost haha. PLEASE add a bank or make mod slots a separate tab of the inventory, add a bank and AH, or preferrably do all of the above

Thanks!
Shadowkin

P.s. i log in just to do my dailies recently which is fine, not compaining. I am a little bored but whatever, but really tonight kinda really proved to me how bad this has gotten bc i wanted to keep playing but i realized i can't do much. Everything i thought of doing would have ended up with me spending more time in inventory than shooting lol.

Iceberg
05-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Trion wants you to buy bits in the store, then use those bits to buy inventory space. Its their master plan to make money in this game.

oo629
05-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Something tells me that adding stuff to the bank might end up like trying to add a mod slot to a weapon while servers are under heavy load.

IAMREALITY
05-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Slots are cheap, and obviously valuable to you. Go buy some like the rest of us whiner.

crasher
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
I have 133 inventory slots.

"... and i have to stop every 5 min to salvage the last 5 items i picked up."

Omnifarious Xji
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
I currently have 53/54. I have to salvage items one by one as I pick them up. It is VERY tedious.

Ol Devious One
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you're hording a lot. I have yet to fill my all my slots, and I carry a handful of these Blue III mod pieces which I have yet to attach, plus all my weapons.

crasher
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm an E2300, and I know that when I go to start leveling pistols/sawed-offs/pumps/crapweapons, Trion will have reversed policy and all that stuff will cost me 10 Bajillion scrip and 152 million A.S. to buy if I don't hoard it now.

Beta582
05-31-2013, 09:15 PM
My reaction to this pointless thing to be complaining about... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0)

barium
05-31-2013, 09:25 PM

"... and i have to stop every 5 min to salvage the last 5 items i picked up."

i finally made myself some space getting rid of anything green or white so its now all blue and above. atm 255/268 if i do a coop i have to stop every 2 mins to salvage everything i got there cause i got no space so it seems the more slots you buy still dont fix the inventory space issue :/ i'd sell them all for room but script is 100% useless to me so why bother?

crasher
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
i finally made myself some space getting rid of anything green or white so its now all blue and above. atm 255/268 if i do a coop i have to stop every 2 mins to salvage everything i got there cause i got no space so it seems the more slots you buy still dont fix the inventory space issue :/ i'd sell them all for room but script is 100% useless to me so why bother?
What bothers me the most is that I spent real money for inventory slots so I could store stuff there, but when I go to get some stuff (shields with specific nano protection for A-falls), the frakin shields are all blank. No nano. Seriously, that frakkin' pisses me off more than those little welders that sneak up and set your a*s*s on fire.

Fangface69
05-31-2013, 09:38 PM
I have a tip for mods from hotshots and side quests. Do them with a full inventory and let them go to claimed items. That way all the extra mods are out of your way. The bad thing is that leaves your inventory still full but its full with stuff that's safe to sell or salvage.

Rakshasa
05-31-2013, 09:44 PM

I can remember when I kidded you about that being excessive.

Now it seems perfectly reasonable. :|

barium
05-31-2013, 09:46 PM
I have a tip for mods from hotshots and side quests. Do them with a full inventory and let them go to claimed items. That way all the extra mods are out of your way. The bad thing is that leaves your inventory still full but its full with stuff that's safe to sell or salvage.

wish i knew that before i completed them all :( had no space so vendored em all. i sure wish mods didn't eat your inventory space. its the only reason i don't bother with mods at all. no space to even attempt to bother with them

Cednats
05-31-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm in the same boat. About to have to buy more space. I have 77 slots and about 40 of that is tier 3 mods with synergy. I can't bring myself to scrap them and selling them one by one to people is tedious. I need an auction house.

TimeViewer
05-31-2013, 10:11 PM
265/367 I'm working on synergies so I have a lot of mods in there though I did a little math and there has to be 2000+ mod variations, probably closer to 3000. As of yet I've only gotten 1 weapon to (2) synergy and not even with the mods I would have liked. (for the most part I prefer the (2)'s)

shadowkin
05-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Slots are cheap, and obviously valuable to you. Go buy some like the rest of us whiner.

See what u fail to realize is something u don't agree woth u don't throw money at. But i did say they should still sell slots just separate the mods at least.

I disagree with starving storage in a game that is loot heavy. Sell me hairstyles and cool stuff like that, then out a barber in game for me to tinker till i look fabulous. Sell me dyes individually and put a function in game to let me play with them till i am fabulous. Hell.. sell weapon skins..

See where i'm going? It isn't being against bits, i am just not for drowning me in shtako and selling bag space lol

Tessien
05-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Trion wants you to buy bits in the store, then use those bits to buy inventory space. Its their master plan to make money in this game.

It worked. I'm up to 363 inventory space atm. It was worth it. Only thing worth buying for real $.

Thr0nes
05-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm an E2300, and I know that when I go to start leveling pistols/sawed-offs/pumps/crapweapons, Trion will have reversed policy and all that stuff will cost me 10 Bajillion scrip and 152 million A.S. to buy if I don't hoard it now.

Keep one white version of your favorite weapon for when you go to level it, preferably with a nano on it. You can reset those for relatively cheap.

Colif
05-31-2013, 11:47 PM
I have 118 inventory slots now, the list is long enough now, 300+ would be endless scrolling.

I need separate storage, I have 10 orange weapons in my bag I no longer use but don't wish to sell. Would be nice if the storage was account wide, like claims are. I also buy whatever nice blue mod I see that I may use in future. I don't want an AH, I didn't start playing this to make money off other people, this isn't D3.

Does Claims have a max limit? I have 77 items in there on 1 alt, does it cap out at all?

Saying inv slots are only thing worth buying is a stretch, they only go onto 1 character (from what I can tell) so compared to uniforms/vehicles they are only 1 offs. My lvl 30 alt already has a nomad since i bought one on my main. And she has access to any extra weapons/grenades/shields my main lets go into claims.

Indra Echo
06-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Here's the other real problem with them wanting us to buy inventory slots and I have a horrendous amount of them. If you are a good little Defiance inventory slot buyer you end up with a gawdawful long list of crap that is very hard to wade through. There is not organization ability for the inventory other than Type Lvl and Name. Well just looking at new weapons doesn't always tell me what I need to know-I have to go to type or name and go all through my OCD list of weapons to see if this weapon I just got is better than what I already have. I often end up scrapping most of the new drops but not always.

I've said this before, I wish they had separate categories for all the weapon types and their mods rather than just one big scrolling list of everything. If they created separate categories (like where all those little locks are at the top) then there would be less need for some in game spot to dump all our stuff. And it could save on problems that could occur later on with us dumping our loot in some in-game box.

I also would like it if when you create a new character the inventory slots would also be available to that new character.