PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Saw

codyld1
06-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Should i pay the 200 reputation for the purple saw from top notch industries or should i save it for higher levels? im ego 500 right now.

defiant
06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I grabbed that saw,i would say its worth your time, weapons never change much anyways. I've managed to fill one of the four synergy slots and the ammo regen is nice.

Grit
06-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Get that SAW, Max it's mod slots..well unless you get Stock, Barrel and Magazine first...don't bother getting the sight modslot because scopes suck..

once you have that with the proper preparedness synergies....preferably barrel and stock...find an expanded mag 3... after that just keep using it and resetting the XP.

Bentu
06-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Yes get it. May be a while until you have an orange one.

codyld1
06-01-2013, 11:20 AM
ok, thank you all for your help but what about mods should i go with like blue mods or synergy mods, i think i have some assassin synergy mods for lmgs etc right now or is their better fitting ones i should try to get?

Saluki
06-01-2013, 12:41 PM
ok, thank you all for your help but what about mods should i go with like blue mods or synergy mods, i think i have some assassin synergy mods for lmgs etc right now or is their better fitting ones i should try to get?

Unless the mods you have match the synergy of the gun they arent going to add anything special.

Because it costs a lot of ark salvage (AS) to reset the experience gain on an individual weapon the best advice I can give you is to just buy 3 level 1 mods from the mod vendor (Iron Demon Ranch) put them on the gun and use it until it has maxed. Then go buy another gun and repeat the process. (Before you sell or scrap the maxed weapon make sure to check the bonus you got for maxing it out. It may be worth keeping for later.)

Once you reach level 20 in LMG skill it wont matter if you max a weapon so you should at that point concentrate on getting the best mods possible.

The best mods for a saw in my opinion are:

Power Bore Barrel
High Capacity Magazine
External Recoil Reduction Stock

I have 2 purple saws with Siphon that I use now that Im at level 20. They have two different synergys but I have yet to see any mods that match those synergys, so I just have regular mods on them. If I ever find matching synergys Ill spend the extra AS to remove the mods and put those on.

FrkyDkyDutch
06-01-2013, 02:59 PM
I love the Frontier SAW. Wish I would have bought it before 1250. Still great to have around.