PDA

View Full Version : a question to those who complain

dude26212
06-01-2013, 12:22 PM
im curious if most of your complaints are from compareing this game to other mmos cause this is pretty much my first mmo (unless u count battle pirates and war commander on face book) so all i have to compare this game to is third person shooters and the amount of time i can spend playin this game is awesome cause im the kind of person who simply sends a game back to gamefly after my first play thru. so im just curious if what u view this game as affects your opinion of it. mmo or tps

crasher
06-01-2013, 12:43 PM
First MMO.

I was playing on opening day, you could kill raiders and archers with less than a shotgun mag.
They reduced the size of the mag bonus that I 'paid for' at a vendor.
That means I have less ammo in my weapon.
They didn't reduce the health of the badguy I'm shooting at.
Now it takes more than a mag, and when you multiply a half dozen raiders by a 5 second mag swap, I've got a half minute of firefight time where digging in my ear with my carkeys produces as much useful product and is less likely to get me killed.
That's a complaint.
This complaint can be regarded as an 'issue'.
This is the place to discuss 'issues' with other players.
I'm not QQ'ing, I'm discussing an 'issue'.

I'd still buy the game, but I have other issues with dishonest physics that the devs employ.

Warrior is 12 feet in front of me, on my path but at right angles to me.
He blows fire.
I catch fire.
WTF? It wasn't pointed at me, why am I on fire?

Stuff like that.

Kasteil
06-01-2013, 12:47 PM
im curious if most of your complaints are from compareing this game to other mmos cause this is pretty much my first mmo (unless u count battle pirates and war commander on face book) so all i have to compare this game to is third person shooters and the amount of time i can spend playin this game is awesome cause im the kind of person who simply sends a game back to gamefly after my first play thru. so im just curious if what u view this game as affects your opinion of it. mmo or tps

A lot of the complaints are from the mess Trion created in the first place. They patch something to try and make the game better and the by-product of that is that they created more problems then there previously were. Other complaints are from people losing bits from the Defiance store and losing there boosts randomly. That is such a joke on Trion's part because people spend real world money to support the game and Trion and then get swindled and screwed over.

dude26212
06-01-2013, 01:02 PM
ok i was just curious cause it seems alot of threads bring up mmo as being a valid reason for what they dont like about the game. being upset about bugs is one thing and perfectly reasonable but the threads about the game not being what they thought or upset about a way something in the game works dosent make sense to me and im assumeing its cause im a big third person shooter fan and find some of the aspects that others dont like completely awesome

Iceberg
06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Not so much about the MMO but how they half assed it into the game. If you are going to put a chat, either voice or text, then put it all in with lots of options.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-01-2013, 01:31 PM
A lot of the complaints are from the mess Trion created in the first place. They patch something to try and make the game better and the by-product of that is that they created more problems then there previously were. Other complaints are from people losing bits from the Defiance store and losing there boosts randomly. That is such a joke on Trion's part because people spend real world money to support the game and Trion and then get swindled and screwed over.

At least they're good abot giving it back. I had noticed that my bits were being eaten why trying to buy clan boosts one day. I reported it as a bug and stated that I did not need a refund on the 80 bits that I had lost. I mean come on, its only 80 bits. I went on to spend the rest of my bits on other boosts.

Couple days later I noticed that I had 400 more bits. I realized that it was because they refunded me not only the 80 bits, but another 320 on top of that, even when I stated that I did not want a refund.

So you can't say that they don't do their job when we do ours. I guarantee that a good portion of the people that do complain about bits issues never open a support ticket for them. Thats what you're suppose to do. Thats what they're there for.