PDA

View Full Version : old gamer needs a new home

Savvage61
03-23-2013, 06:15 PM
other tabu rosa and planetside we are in uncharted waters, or at least I am, I been gaming longer than most of ya been alive,. Im not saying that to be a smart *** its the truth Im an old *** gamer whos first console was pong, and belive me when I say gaming has come a long way. and playing a game That will effect a tv show is pretty impressive to me.I wonder where this will lead?

My problem now is trying to understand how to take Defiance, other than a few bugs and a lot of things I dont quite understand yet ,I enjoy playing defiance. But I am not quite sure wether to take it as serious as a BF3 clan match, or not take it serious and play it like borderlands and have a old fashion fragfest . Both of which I have enjoyed very much. I need to find a clan/guild that is serious about getting to and playing End game content
and yet has enough patience to deal with an old gamer who hates to read instructions and loves to blow up ****.
I want to play with people who take progression serious but when things go to ****, they like to kick back and laugh it off.
Im the kind of gamer who like to help fellow guildies, but hate to game with people who expect everyone else to carry their weight all the time. I have been out of a guild for sevral years now, I was suffering from Drama burnout, Ill never be a GL or a officer ever agian I want a guild where I can make close and lasting friends, have fun ,do my part, and leave the ****** policeing to the younger more aggrsive level headed leaders
I prefer a midwest/eastcoast Raid time but im flexible. I just want a place I can login in have fun and leave RL behind. If you think I might fit in with your clan/guild leave me a message,

"Old gamers never Die, they just Respawn"

Owlblade
03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey if you find a place share the love lol. I read your post and we have a lot in common, I am an old time gamer also, back in the days of D&D in my friends basement on graph paper and dice. Yes pong was my 1st game system would spend hours looking at that stupid thing go back and forth across the screen lol.

Love your last line and your right we do just respawn

Savvage61
03-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Its nice to know Im not alone lol thx

XxWebslingeRxX
03-23-2013, 07:31 PM
other tabu rosa and planetside we are in uncharted waters, or at least I am, I been gaming longer than most of ya been alive,. Im not saying that to be a smart *** its the truth Im an old *** gamer whos first console was pong, and belive me when I say gaming has come a long way. and playing a game That will effect a tv show is pretty impressive to me.I wonder where this will lead?

My problem now is trying to understand how to take Defiance, other than a few bugs and a lot of things I dont quite understand yet ,I enjoy playing defiance. But I am not quite sure wether to take it as serious as a BF3 clan match, or not take it serious and play it like borderlands and have a old fashion fragfest . Both of which I have enjoyed very much. I need to find a clan/guild that is serious about getting to and playing End game content
and yet has enough patience to deal with an old gamer who hates to read instructions and loves to blow up ****.
I want to play with people who take progression serious but when things go to ****, they like to kick back and laugh it off.
Im the kind of gamer who like to help fellow guildies, but hate to game with people who expect everyone else to carry their weight all the time. I have been out of a guild for sevral years now, I was suffering from Drama burnout, Ill never be a GL or a officer ever agian I want a guild where I can make close and lasting friends, have fun ,do my part, and leave the ****** policeing to the younger more aggrsive level headed leaders
I prefer a midwest/eastcoast Raid time but im flexible. I just want a place I can login in have fun and leave RL behind. If you think I might fit in with your clan/guild leave me a message,

I betaed Pong son, so you are not alone

Lon Max
03-24-2013, 01:50 AM
Looking for the same sort of Clan, and yes I started life on PONG, then then the scrolling shoot-then-up on the Commodore, those were the days :) Perhaps we need to start our own clan "the Silver Surfers Kick *****"

Necroshan
03-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Hey folks. Feel free to check us out. Most of our gamers are 30+ and have some real veterans around. We are laid, back and mature (but we still havelots of fun). Hell i think we even got a 68 year old newbe gamer join us :) Anyways, we welcome all, check out:

http://bandbrothers.enjin.com/

Necro

Neptune
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Well if you ae still looking for a clan to join, look into fatal assault. We sound like a clan that you would enjoy. I am going to leave you a link to our form at the end of my reply, I hope you check us out and I hope to see you in our roster. :D
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?4111-FA-Fatal-Assault-Recruting-PvP-PvE

bwar
03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Well looks like a few other guys beat me here but I'll still tell you about my **** clan anyways. Most of our guys are 25-35, have played various games very seriously over the years and now have sort of moved away from all the drama of other guilds. Some of our guys have been playing together for almost a decade back in SWG. We will be serious about being competitive end game but along with that we will always be having fun. Anyways here's our forum post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3676-PC-NA-Clan-Bwar) if you want a bit more info just give me a shout. Our general policy is to invite any who applies onto mumble and then just hang out for a night or two. Gives you a chance to get to see what we are really about and vice versa.

Orphenn
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey man the door to Fatal Assault are open you can check us out here I too have been gaming a long time and so have alot of the members we have. I too have played planetside, uncharted waters, I have been competitive gaming since Aliens versus predator 2 lol. Out thread is here.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?4111-FA-Fatal-Assault-Recruting-PvP-PvE

Saleny
03-25-2013, 06:46 AM
I'm going to add The Hammerfist Clan to your list to check out. We're a large community that is active in many games and we have an active Defiance team. The Clan is made up of mature adults with jobs, families and other real life responsibilities, but we know how to game and have fun. Click the link in my signature to visit our website and check us out.

Tezree
03-25-2013, 06:55 AM
I would of suggested the [Shooting Blanks] boys as they have been raiding and blowing **** up for almost 10 years together,
Some of us just moved over to defiance and we are all 25+, we have opened recruiting to the guild up for defiance but we are based in Europe. Despite the end game raiding and pvp, we still have the "check this out" mentality of getting wiped doing stupid things for giggles.
Fortunately im a Royal Marine so, kicking the younger members into line when they get their knickers in a twist just add's to the amusement.
http://shooting-blanks.guildlaunch.com

Tezree.

Voodeux
03-25-2013, 07:07 AM
If you like being an immature 35++ year old gamer, who enjoys talking **** to both the enemy and each other then www.iruingaming.com may be the place for you...

I'd go on but my rotary phone is ringing.

cybrdestroyr
03-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Saw you were looking for a clan...
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10104-quot-Cyber-Destruction-quot-%28PC%29-International-Adult-Gaming-Clan-Community
I think you would really like our little community ;)

good luck whatever you decide :)

Jeb Neptune
03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
I was considering making a post that said "if you have people in your guild who remember putting a cassette into their Radio Shack Tandy computer to play Pong, I will consider you". I'm considering Gunbad and Hammerfist due to their multigame guild support but now I have a few more to look into it seems.

Look forward to seeing you in game.

~~~ You might be old if you had these hot keyed ~~~

TRAIN TO ZONE! CHOO CHOoo

WTB Bard for Corpse run. PST

JagerMyk
03-28-2013, 09:52 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Love that quote.
zx-71 was my first pong experience, we aint olde we're highly seasoned-an just slightly weathered. but anywho welcome to the Forums, an you might want to put up for what platform you're looking to have a home on also Sav. Ps3, xb, or PC. (Playstation, Xbox or Personal Computer)...lol sorry had to. but yah I had 7++yrs of WoW an the drama killed it. Anywho, so whatever an where ever it is you find, Happy Hunting an remember...umm what were we talking about again? :) ~mJ~

Reesey275
03-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Gentlemen, I believe what you may be looking for is something along the lines of this.

http://games.asosgaming.com/themes/RD-TriTech/images/hd/Logo.png (http://games.asosgaming.com/index.php)

Ancient Society of Sarcasm Gaming Community Application (http://games.asosgaming.com/themes/RD-TriTech/images/hd/Logo.png)

Ancient Society of Sarcasm Gaming Community Steam Group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/asosgaming)

We are an older group of folks for the most part that have all been prior service military (yeah we're broken) But we all have great hearts and enjoy gaming with everyone. Ohh yeah! I failed to mention that we are all Smart@$$es so if you enjoy being sarcastic and can handle jokes come play with us. Adult language and humor are more than welcome at all times in our group. We are primarily on the East Coast, but do have a few members that are in the Central Time Zone as well.

We are however a casual gaming community, most players are deterred by that idea. Well the truth is well most of our members work, have families, and responsibilities that we are dealing with so that only leaves the evenings and weekends for us to play. This crazy thing called life prevents us from devoting our full time to gaming. We have been around now for about 8 years hopping between games, such as Rift, LOTRO, Aion, SWTOR, Wold of Tanks, and most FPS games.

If you've submitted an application on our forums, be sure to check back often. Our members like to get to know you before you become an official member. The process might take a while but it's worth it!

Spaisekraft
03-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Come check out Bulwark Security (http://www.bulwarkclan.net). We sound like exactly what you're looking for.

We have a soft age requirement of 18. Most of our clan members are 25+ and we have a lot of former/current military members. We're PVE focused, we have a very active community, and we don't run strict schedules. Our only requirement is that you have a microphone and Teamspeak 3, and if you're leaving for more than 15 days you let us know in the forums.

We have about 50 members in Bulwark Security, and around 150 total community members. All throughout beta weekend we had 20-25 people in Teamspeak doing arkfalls, co-op missions, and a bit of pvp here and there. That's how we plan to do things when the game goes live.

Feel free to come chat with us during the day on teamspeak or our forums.

Mezonian
03-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Check out http://The Chosen Gaming Community (http://thechosenguild.net)

We are an age 18+ community, and we not only play Defiance, but several other games as well. We have a large RIFT guild, and also a World of Warcraft guild. Plus, a lot of our members play other games as well... Mass Effect 3, Guildwars 2, Battlefield, League of Legends, Minecraft.. etc.

Check out the website, and if you like what you see, submit an application.
Or, check out Gradius's post about the Chosen. The Chosen Defiance Recruitment Post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?1192-CHSN-The-Chosen-Domination-Through-Teamwork)

Mez

Shane5484
03-29-2013, 07:36 AM
KEQ is a large adult gaming community on p/c and ps3. If anyone wants to know more you can message me directly or click on the links on my sig. Thank you.

lonestoner
03-29-2013, 07:38 AM
hey there guys ..... take a look at www.kwsni.com were eu based but worth taking a look enjoy

Taliasha
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
You are not alone by a long shot. Pong, yup. D&D, paper and pencil and I still have my 20 sided dice and some of my figurines. Can't believe I was trusted with a weapon with an intelligence of 4.
I will watch for a guild that would have such as we as members...and carefully step away as quickly as possible. *grin*
Hope we meet in game.

INFIDEL
04-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Well Savage.. and all yall others out there... I too am in yalls realm .. I played pong on Atari.. D&D on paper, first computer was a trash 80. I currently own or subscribe to many MMO's and FPS's ..I would love to know what yall have decided on doing.. i'm more into the PvE aspect of defiance than PvP ..I have a full time job, Kids, and an Understanding Girlfriend atleast to a point. Looking for a group to hang and have fun with. Would love to roleplay as well. Yall can look me up as Fragg in game.

Thanks
Sgt. Frag