PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is shaping up nicely... No, I'm actually serious.

P4NCH0theD0G
06-01-2013, 02:44 PM
So, before today it's been awhile since I last played, but I found to my delight that many, many things have changed for the better with the last patch. Sure, there are a few things I still don`t like, stuff that needs attention (that Shield/Cloak Glitch comes to mind), but the map locations, resetting weapon mastery, fixed scopes, little numbers showing which Loadout slot you have something equipped on... well, that's just some that immediately popped out.

Personally, my only real gripe (Glitches and Exploits aside) is the low Draw Distance for character models, and I really do hope that this will change at some point, but I thoroughly enjoy this game, and now even more. It's not perfect, but it's improving, and that's enough for me.

I just wanted to say that.

IAMREALITY
06-01-2013, 02:48 PM
So, before today it's been awhile since I last played, but I found to my delight that many, many things have changed for the better with the last patch. Sure, there are a few things I still don`t like, stuff that needs attention (that Shield/Cloak Glitch comes to mind), but the map locations, resetting weapon mastery, fixed scopes, little numbers showing which Loadout slot you have something equipped on... well, that's just some that immediately popped out.

Personally, my only real gripe (Glitches and Exploits aside) is the low Draw Distance for character models, and I really do hope that this will change at some point, but I thoroughly enjoy this game, and now even more. It's not perfect, but it's improving, and that's enough for me.

Wow, you're easily pleased...

mbergeron
06-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Some of the new interface things they have added are nice and makes it easier for newer players to find certain locations and makes the game little easier to get into.

4ndreas
06-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Indeed. Surprised he didn't only mention loot boost.

Barrik
06-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I agree with OP. This game has a ton of potential and even though it feels like it was rushed to release, probably due to show premiere, I still enjoy it. Things have been getting better and I really do believe our patience(some of us :p ) will pay off. :)

marshy
06-01-2013, 04:04 PM
I agree with OP. This game has a ton of potential and even though it feels like it was rushed to release, probably due to show premiere, I still enjoy it. Things have been getting better and I really do believe our patience(some of us :p ) will pay off. :)

There's always hope. But I don't trust the defiance team seams to me like there crap at there job. They don't know how to fix the game and have took on to big of a job with it being on all platforms And tv show content. The core of the game is ok it has potential but needs major work to improve.

baelrusk
06-01-2013, 04:21 PM
There's always hope. But I don't trust the defiance team seams to me like there crap at there job. They don't know how to fix the game and have took on to big of a job with it being on all platforms And tv show content. The core of the game is ok it has potential but needs major work to improve.

Exactly.
Potential is fine........but it's only good if something is actually DONE with that potential.

Take writing a book. An interesting story layout has potential. Will people like just a layout.....no. It only works after the book is actually written.

tuckerpb
06-01-2013, 04:55 PM
yes it is ahaping up nicely. to be the biggest failure of all mmo gaming time.

Naravus
06-01-2013, 05:11 PM

Doubtful. GW2 for instance.

Turantula
06-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Agreed. We all know there's some more major issues to be fixed, but for the most part things are fine. Ark Falls work again (for the most part) hardly run into any more that are glitchy. People don't drive around them like idiots anymore. Co Ops are running smoother. AI seems beefed up to some, which is a good thing. The only real gripes are with PVP. Nerf this, Nerf that which boils down to I suck at PVP although I've only played it maybe 4 times and got my *** beat each time, and don't wish to keep playing to try to improve. Scopes work which is great. Rockets could use a boost, and shotguns were over nerfed, but other than that what is in the game that's "game breaking"? Nothing.

marshy
06-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Exactly.
Potential is fine........but it's only good if something is actually DONE with that potential.

Take writing a book. An interesting story layout has potential. Will people like just a layout.....no. It only works after the book is actually written.

Trion know all of this and it seem's to me there one of two things
1. Lazy
2. Stupid

cusman
06-01-2013, 05:29 PM

I agree things have improved. But it is still being poorly managed with Contracts that repeat or are not well designed or worthwhile. Inventory management is still horrendously tedious. It's good that the issues are now less severe... but some of them still stand out as WHY NOT YET fixed in the 3+ years of Development... and then the post-release on-going support cycles.

crasher
06-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Some things are getting better.
Some things suck out loud.
In general, I b!tch about stuff, but love the game and I'm (mostly) happy with the purchase (so far).
If we don't b!tch about the probs, they assume we like the probs as they are.
I'm looking forward to them sorting it all out, but I won't stick around if they screw it up.

Lupis Volk
06-01-2013, 05:38 PM
This game has potential to grow but we need to help Trion make it grow not stunt it with nerfs and cries for freebies when the servers go down due to problems. really people i believe we're trying ti kill games that start bad because of the few famous bad games that many of us most likely have been stung by.

Barrik
06-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Trion know all of this and it seams to me there one of two things
1. Lazy
2. Stupid

LOL you're calling someone stupid with multiple grammatical and spelling errors in your "sentence".

Not very constructive either. What exactly do you want done?

Lupis Volk
06-01-2013, 05:46 PM
LOL you're calling someone stupid with multiple grammatical and spelling errors in your "sentence".

to kill a potentially awesome MMO becuase it came out of the box like every other MMO...unfinished.

marshy
06-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Well is 2a.m where I am. The list is too long but will name a few
1. Fix the arkfalls
2. Last perk disappearing all the time
3. Invisible maps and enemies
4. Spam on the screen when you log on
6 people exploiting glitches
And I can keep going on and on

Indra Echo
06-01-2013, 05:59 PM

I agree. Also, it is never wrong to point out flaws but it is not so that this game is trash or anything like it. It is a lot of fun and has a lot of potential and they do keep adding to it. No, not by leaps and bounds, but for me in enough ways to make it still fun to play.

marshy
06-01-2013, 06:00 PM
to kill a potentially awesome MMO becuase it came out of the box like every other MMO...unfinished.

Stop being a typical fanboy I've said I like the game. It has potential but things need sorting out. It's people like you that will make the game fail not people like me

Indra Echo
06-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Well there is MrArkhunter or whatever his name is, who for some reason wants this game to fail and ultimately wants Trion to be destroyed. He said as much. In fact, he acts like he just woke up and was transported from some planet somewhere where software (games and all programs) are always perfect and Trion has upset the balance of the universe by creating a game that wasn't. He's sure Defiance if it's allowed to exist will end up killing the whales and cause the extinction of all life in this galaxy in the future.

Daholic
06-01-2013, 06:09 PM

I will agree nerfs to weapons will surely knock the damage output out of wack, no doubt.

But..but...

Defiance has peaked! Your not going to get a huge influx of players to counter the huge exodus of players leaving. It just isn't that way in Defiance. Your not only battling word of bad word of mouth, but anyone who lays on the word of a game critic. One thing anyone who's a fan of anything that's not deemed groundbreaking or original by MMO standards will ever admit that after x-amount of months have past, and the population (even if your opinion is great) is hemorrhaging to many players cannot survive off of a handful of freedom fighters who thinks pouring more money into Defiance can possibly stop the bleeding.

Here's the strange part, search goggle for Defiance discussion, read the comments, and you'll see that the general consensus of this game is very much similar to what's going on here. Unhappy players, after 3months who are not willing to shoulder a financial burden to help keep the servers alive. This game will go down, the way it will go down, when it goes down, however it goes down with or without a hand full of dreamers.

Im not bashing you, please understand, I just wish you would realize the truth as it be right now, at this current time, Defiance has topped out, and it would take a Miracle to keep such a small population and the servers active for more than a year without a reasonable size contribution in the item shop.

CrazyBard
06-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Well there is MrArkhunter or whatever his name is, who for some reason wants this game to fail and ultimately wants Trion to be destroyed. He said as much. In fact, he acts like he just woke up and was transported from some planet somewhere where software (games and all programs) are always perfect and Trion has upset the balance of the universe by creating a game that wasn't. He's sure Defiance if it's allowed to exist will end up killing the whales and cause the extinction of all life in this galaxy in the future.

I believe Greenpeace already have Defiance on their watch list.

Personally I think Defiance has huge potential. Do I think it's perfect? No. Do I think it needs a ton of fixes? Yes. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have potential and at the core of Defiance is a great game with great game play.

All this talk of imperfect games and how Defiance failed, would hold weight if anyone could come up with one (just one) MMO (or probably any game in fact) that was delivered on time and fault free. Anyone? No? Thought not! Every great MMO, and yes there are some despite what I personally think about them nowadays, had major delays and has gone through periods of flaws and issues, every single one of them.

Defiance didn't have that luxury of putting the release back and it had to go out. But for all the whining and all the *****ing, the game is getting better and things are getting fixed. Not as fast as people want in many cases, but it's at least moving forward.

Instead of moaning and berating the game, why not report bugs and make suggestions and help make it what you want it to be - or just go play one of these awesomely perfect other games, that have been so amazing that you're obviously playing them - oh wait, you aren't.

baelrusk
06-01-2013, 06:20 PM

True enough they are unfinished.
The problem is HOW unfinished they are. There's also how lacking they are in fixing the major bugs and releasing patches and such which break more.
Unfinished basically means they add new things over time. Buy 2 play games don't have the luxury of waiting that out like subscription games or free 2 play games.

And how many MMOs actually survive.......especially buy 2 play.
History shows that the majority fail.

angryglock
06-01-2013, 06:21 PM
i've played Trion's Rift since its launch and I remember similar problems with it during the first 6 months but they got a handle on the issues and since then there have been very few game breaking bugs. I don't remember the last time the servers had to be rebooted in the middle of the day for an emergency patch. Like all MMOs there have been bugs but they are addressed and patched on a regular basis and the communication has been really good by MMO standards.

Keep in mind, Rift is a game that runs on one platform (PC). I can't imagine the issues and complexities of running this game (likely rushed by the TV show) on three very different platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I get pretty ticked off too when I don't get a reward for a quest or an Arkfall or get booted out for no reason or my shotguns suddenly start tickling the mobs, but I'm willing to cut Trion some slack on this because of what I experienced with Rift's growing pains and the real fun I'm having in Defiance.

For instance Rift ran for weeks or months (don't recall exactly) with out basic things like group finders and with out sorting of inventory and many other basic quality of life features. They were added over the first few months and as it stands now Rift has a very polished interface and great quality of life. I have not had a client crash that I can recall in over a year. It runs very smoothly and the game now has many dungeons (co-ops in Defiance terms) with different difficulty levels (normal, expert, master, etc) and several tiers of 10 and 20 man raids with rewards to match the difficulty. It's grown into a very good game.

My point is I think good things are coming in Defiance once Trion gets caught up.

Except I want my shotguns fixed now, Trion or I'll.....whine and keep playing anyway.

Also give us a real chat system so we can complain there too :)

Indra Echo
06-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Good info here and one thing people often forget is that part of some delays may well be caused because Trion decided to put this out for consoles, too. Sony and MS generally have some restrictive rules regarding content (patches and DLC) that are added to games.

And all companies (not just Trion) have to be careful when patching things. Patches are imperfect fixes that often do introduce new issues (to all games that get patches).

Shada Mori
06-01-2013, 06:30 PM
I am in earnest agreement. I really feel the game is on an upswing and development seems to be getting back on track properly well. I am really getting back into the game after nearly two weeks of minimal play (that in part is Neverwinter's fault more than Defiance though..) and am feeling positive about it again. I hope the recent trend continues.. if it does, I can see Defiance enduring.

Except I want my shotguns fixed now, Trion or I'll.....whine and keep playing anyway.

Yep. Pretty much that. I get on and I play a VOT Auto-Fragger drops.. which used to be my favorite gun .. and I'm like hells yeah.. then I remember they totally destroyed the weapon and I'm like "Screw you Trion! You BASTARDS!", and keep playing anyways.

Barrik
06-01-2013, 06:54 PM
I will agree nerfs to weapons will surely knock the damage output out of wack, no doubt.

But..but...

Defiance has peaked! Your not going to get a huge influx of players to counter the huge exodus of players leaving. It just isn't that way in Defiance. Your not only battling word of bad word of mouth, but anyone who lays on the word of a game critic. One thing anyone who's a fan of anything that's not deemed groundbreaking or original by MMO standards will ever admit that after x-amount of months have past, and the population (even if your opinion is great) is hemorrhaging to many players cannot survive off of a handful of freedom fighters who thinks pouring more money into Defiance can possibly stop the bleeding.

Here's the strange part, search goggle for Defiance discussion, read the comments, and you'll see that the general consensus of this game is very much similar to what's going on here. Unhappy players, after 3months who are not willing to shoulder a financial burden to help keep the servers alive. This game will go down, the way it will go down, when it goes down, however it goes down with or without a hand full of dreamers.

Im not bashing you, please understand, I just wish you would realize the truth as it be right now, at this current time, Defiance has topped out, and it would take a Miracle to keep such a small population and the servers active for more than a year without a reasonable size contribution in the item shop.

Sorry bud but I respectfully disagree with you whole heartedly. Not on everything, just the fact that you don't think the game will last more than a year. I'll send you a msg a year from now :p. Oh and also with the "topped out" part. The big difference between this mmo and others is the show tie in. That will draw in more players. And people that "left" the game didn't really leave. I'm sure most still have a copy and will come back to check up on the game here and there and when there are big additions and more bugs are fixed this game will do just fine. Rose colored glasses maybe, but again with this game being pretty different it has legs.

Daholic
06-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Sorry bud but I respectfully disagree with you whole heartedly. Not on everything, just the fact that you don't think the game will last more than a year. I'll send you a msg a year from now :p. Oh and also with the "topped out" part. The big difference between this mmo and others is the show tie in. That will draw in more players. And people that "left" the game didn't really leave. I'm sure most still have a copy and will come back to check up on the game here and there and when there are big additions and more bugs are fixed this game will do just fine. Rose colored glasses maybe, but again with this game being pretty different it has legs.

Thanks for your reply!

I know I said a year, but I mean a healthy year, with a thriving fanbase. Also I look forward to a message a year from now :).

Now to the meat and gravy...Your giving the show tie in more credit that it deserves. Your also assuming the people would be wow'ed by he whole concept of Defiance, and in turn go out and purchase the game. That can and will happen no doubt, but its been 3months!!!!...You cant possibly think other than the x-amount of people who watch the show, played/and or quit the game that there is a whole nother' group of people on the fence, or maybe unsuspecting fence walking players will cave in and buy. Your assumption doesn't match the reality that population is down.

On to your comment about people that left didn't really leave. That's a bit disturbing in my opinion. Are you the type that thinks we as players should help Trion financially by buying bits for the sole purpose of being a supporting fan? I don't know your stance on that, but for all the people that are not playing, or still have a copy and will come back as you say, that doesn't help your cause, nor does that help Trion.

I understand what your saying, really I do, but you cant bet the farm on the people who didn't think Defiance was enough to hold their attention for atleast 2mnths.

tuckerpb
06-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Doubtful. GW2 for instance.
NOOOOOOOO don't mention that game. the nightmares, the horrors. lol

Hyaku Shiki
06-02-2013, 12:21 AM
LOL Yeah okay OP.

MacDeath
06-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks for your reply!

I know I said a year, but I mean a healthy year, with a thriving fanbase. Also I look forward to a message a year from now :).

Now to the meat and gravy...Your giving the show tie in more credit that it deserves. Your also assuming the people would be wow'ed by he whole concept of Defiance, and in turn go out and purchase the game. That can and will happen no doubt, but its been 3months!!!!...You cant possibly think other than the x-amount of people who watch the show, played/and or quit the game that there is a whole nother' group of people on the fence, or maybe unsuspecting fence walking players will cave in and buy. Your assumption doesn't match the reality that population is down.

On to your comment about people that left didn't really leave. That's a bit disturbing in my opinion. Are you the type that thinks we as players should help Trion financially by buying bits for the sole purpose of being a supporting fan? I don't know your stance on that, but for all the people that are not playing, or still have a copy and will come back as you say, that doesn't help your cause, nor does that help Trion.

I understand what your saying, really I do, but you cant bet the farm on the people who didn't think Defiance was enough to hold their attention for atleast 2mnths.
In my opinion, there ARE a whole lot of people on the fence. A lot of console gamers are waiting to hear what Defiance will be like on Xbox ONE and PS4, IF, for example, Trion were to announce much better graphics, NO REGIONAL LOCK, and your characters port over from 360 to ONE at this E3, we'll see a whole new batch of Xbox ONE defiance orders.

Barrik
06-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Thanks for your reply!

Good points.

The only thing I would say is look at a game like Star Trek Online. It is a horrible game with a pay 2 win cash shop. It had one of the worst launches in history, so bad the game had to "re-launch". That game has sustained a healthy population, which honestly blows my mind. I'm not saying that Defiance will necessarily become an uber popular game. But just look at this weekend. On xbox anyway, every Arkfall has a ton of people (usually) and that's just because of a bonus loot weekend. After playing Rift from launch till now,(different devs though for sure) Trion has a way of keeping things fresh and inticing people to jump back in the game. And that was with a monthly sub. Defiance had a bad launch, no way around that. But once things get ironed out and DLC starts coming out at a regular pace. I'm sure the game will be good and population will be sustained. Every game bleeds population after the first couple of months.

Oh, and I am one of those fools who spends money in the cash shop for the sole purpose of supporting the game :p

Myria
06-02-2013, 04:29 AM
I believe Greenpeace already have Defiance on their watch list.

Pretty much an accurate assessment, I think.

Personally I think Defiance has huge potential.

I've come to the conclusion that "has potential" is one of the worst things you can say about an MMO. For better or ill the market is so saturated that you either come out of the gate at full steam, or you die -- slowly or quickly, in the end it doesn't matter.

All this talk of imperfect games and how Defiance failed, would hold weight if anyone could come up with one (just one) MMO (or probably any game in fact) that was delivered on time and fault free. Anyone? No? Thought not!

Your standard for comparison is, frankly, ludicrous. No one expects a game to be fault free, but they also don't expect a game to be so broken that items they paid real money for disappear at random and the company they gave money to can't even return them or tell them when they can expect any new items they get not to disappear on them.

Defiance didn't have that luxury of putting the release back and it had to go out.

Not the customer's problem.

But for all the whining and all the *****ing, the game is getting better and things are getting fixed. Not as fast as people want in many cases, but it's at least moving forward.

At this point it's a question of does it matter? The damage is done, and it is massive. Bad word-of-mouth. Bad reviews. Worse, no one is even talking about it. You go to the general MMO sites and you'll see people still thrashing back-and-forth about ToR like it's WWIII. Everyone loves to bash WoW, there isn't a discussion on the game that doesn't get forty pages of comments. Even Neverwinter is discussed at length. But Defiance? It didn't even make enough of an impression to have the haters ragging on it, it has just dropped off the radar almost entirely and frankly that's about the worst thing that can happen to a game.

As they say, you only get one chance to make a first impression and with Defiance Trion blew that bigtime.

Can Defiance recover from that? I suppose it's possible, but frankly I've never seen it happen. If Trion were in better shape I could see them re-working things over time and managing to eke out decent numbers. Nothing spectacular, but... Decent. As things are now? I dunno. Guess we'll see.

Instead of moaning and berating the game, why not report bugs and make suggestions and help make it what you want it to be - or just go play one of these awesomely perfect other games, that have been so amazing that you're obviously playing them - oh wait, you aren't.

You are aware that those three things are by no means mutually exclusive, right?

Shtako
06-02-2013, 05:04 AM

Hey something that you and the game have in common! =)

Shtako
06-02-2013, 05:13 AM

For the most part I agree with you. Oh and about people leaving ... does anyone at all recognize it's summer yet? I mean are they saying people who left have no lives and must find their next game fix? That's pretty insulting. The game is paid for so WHY must someone log in outside of updates to the game to see if anything gives them a reason to actually try to play every day? It's easy tow ait this all out when there is no subscription.

"whole new batch of Xbox ONE defiance orders."

Outside fanbois who would order the Xbox One in it's current format? I hope they can transfer cross consoles because no way will I purchase a fancy blue ray player er Xbox One.

CrazyBard
06-02-2013, 05:45 AM
As they say, you only get one chance to make a first impression and with Defiance Trion blew that bigtime.

If they blew it in such a big way, then why are there so many playing still and why is there more people in game than there was several weeks ago?

You had a bad first experience, that's a shame, but not everyone has or does.

Myria
06-02-2013, 07:23 AM
If they blew it in such a big way, then why are there so many playing still and why is there more people in game than there was several weeks ago?

Given the nature of the server tech there is no possible way to assess concurrency rates, none whatsoever -- you can't even do a /who, nor do you know how many (or few) instances there are. Only Trion knows how many people have bought the game and what the concurrency rates are, and they aren't talking.

Which, in MMOs, is rarely, if ever, a good sign.

You had a bad first experience, that's a shame, but not everyone has or does.

Actually, I didn't. I was in the Alpha and played the Betas, I knew exactly what to expect -- though I do confess to hoping they had a launch-day Jesus patch up their sleeve, even though I knew better.

Daholic
06-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Good points.

The only thing I would say is look at a game like Star Trek Online. It is a horrible game with a pay 2 win cash shop. It had one of the worst launches in history, so bad the game had to "re-launch". That game has sustained a healthy population, which honestly blows my mind. I'm not saying that Defiance will necessarily become an uber popular game. But just look at this weekend. On xbox anyway, every Arkfall has a ton of people (usually) and that's just because of a bonus loot weekend. After playing Rift from launch till now,(different devs though for sure) Trion has a way of keeping things fresh and inticing people to jump back in the game. And that was with a monthly sub. Defiance had a bad launch, no way around that. But once things get ironed out and DLC starts coming out at a regular pace. I'm sure the game will be good and population will be sustained. Every game bleeds population after the first couple of months.

Oh, and I am one of those fools who spends money in the cash shop for the sole purpose of supporting the game :p

Star Trek Online has a rpg flavor to it. The game puts you in an universe with your own ship and crew, having to manage them accordingly, and....your experience will differ from someone elses which makes the game genuine to you!!!

Other than the fact that Defiance and STO are pretty much 2 different types of MMO, the comparison isn't valid simply because the games combat mechanics are so much more complicated than Defiance. Not to mention the different races in STO which provides more variety.

Weird huh, bad launch, then re-launch and still have a faithful following of the franchise, which more than tells me that you don't have to have a successful launch.

Its been out, what, over a year now??

CrazyBard
06-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Given the nature of the server tech there is no possible way to assess concurrency rates, none whatsoever -- you can't even do a /who, nor do you know how many (or few) instances there are. Only Trion knows how many people have bought the game and what the concurrency rates are, and they aren't talking.

You don't know agreed, but the increase in little purple dots and the larger cluster of people around arkfalls is a reasonable indicator. Now this might be platform dependent I don't know. I'm on EU PC and there's definitely more people playing and visibly so, is it the same on other platforms? are other platforms suffering? No idea and can only go on what I see.

It would be nice to see better indicators and ways to see who's online, can't disagree on that, but many an mmo doesn't come with those out the gate.

Yep, we knew what to expect and things didn't improve like we'd hope.. but they're getting better and I personally think that while the show gives a lot of nice little tie-ins, it's also causing a lot of pains such as Trion not being able to release certain content/features until the show airs and a good number of those Trion gets it in the neck for, because players want it now.

I want the game to get better and I believe it can.. and luckily for them, there's nothing else around that really has the same kind of gameplay and addictive fun that Defiance has.. if there was, then I'm sure even more people would of gone and even less would be coming to it.

But it's all personal perspective.. and I'm personally tired of a.n.other mmos that are gear grinds, button mashes have stupid tab-targeting auto-hit combat.. and for me that rules out pretty much every MMORPG out there and brings me here, I love the gameplay.. but, we're all different and I get that and some people want more than it offers and hopefully they'll find it in something.

Barrik
06-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Star Trek Online has a rpg flavor to it. The game puts you in an universe with your own ship and crew, having to manage them accordingly, and....your experience will differ from someone elses which makes the game genuine to you!!!

Other than the fact that Defiance and STO are pretty much 2 different types of MMO, the comparison isn't valid simply because the games combat mechanics are so much more complicated than Defiance. Not to mention the different races in STO which provides more variety.

Weird huh, bad launch, then re-launch and still have a faithful following of the franchise, which more than tells me that you don't have to have a successful launch.

Its been out, what, over a year now??

The point of my comparison was to point out that a bad launch doesn't necessarily mean a game can't come back. I was replying to someone who was saying something along those lines. Context homey :)

drackiller
06-02-2013, 08:31 AM
There is a thing that i`m apreciating in this particular thread, itīs being particularly contructive of sorts, and the one Troll is being ignored. Except for my post i guess.
I think that the game still have faults , but it is improving , slowling some may say, but it is improving. That is a fact my friends.

TigrisMorte
06-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Trion know all of this and it seem's to me there one of two things
1. Lazy
2. Stupid

Really, you direct Trion to know what has been spoken of
and
oddly seem possesses "to me" vague position one of two things?

Lazy or stupid, hmm.
Well, Pot would like you to know Kettle is the same shade of dark.

marshy
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Really, you direct Trion to know what has been spoken of
and
oddly seem possesses "to me" vague position one of two things?

Lazy or stupid, hmm.
Well, Pot would like you to know Kettle is the same shade of dark.

Well
1. They know all of the bugs with the game but there not fixing them ( lazy)
2. They know all the bugs in the game but don't know how to fix them ( stupid )
Pick one

MacDeath
06-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Well
1. They know all of the bugs with the game but there not fixing them ( lazy)
2. They know all the bugs in the game but don't know how to fix them ( stupid )
Pick one
I'll take door # 3 please:
3. Trion is fixing bugs slower than the player base would like. Probably due to extensive internal testing (quality)

marshy
06-02-2013, 12:47 PM
I'll take door # 3 please:
3. Trion is fixing bugs slower than the player base would like. Probably due to extensive internal testing (quality)

Patch 1.020 (quality) ???

MacDeath
06-02-2013, 12:49 PM
It wasn't perfect, but it was much improved over what we saw in 1.010.

marshy
06-02-2013, 12:53 PM
It wasn't perfect, but it was much improved over what we saw in 1.010.

Patch 1.016 I thought made the game more stable
1.020 did fix some things but brought old bugs back and made new ones

CrazyBard
06-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Does it really matter? You'll find and/or twist the negative no matter what's said.

marshy
06-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Does it really matter? You'll find and/or twist the negative no matter what's said.

No I won't I just speak my mind. I like the game but I won't always defend it and I do praise it for things it has done good.
At the min we have a good core game that needs improvement and fixing.

GrantHoughton
06-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Im a small channel and i would really apreciate it if you could check out my gameplay vids on this game. Thanks for your time :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoHydyRsnIc THIS IS NOT SPAM , watch if you feel like it

JonDav
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
The hilariously low population says otherwise. There's no saving this title. The damage is already done. Best Trion can do is pray this failure doesn't put them in the poor house and next time, don't attach a "MMO" title to an obvious single player driven game.

CptBadger
06-02-2013, 01:48 PM
I find the potential to be amazing.

I am however VERY dissapointed by how slow Trion is with the patches.

Still, having a blast in this game.

Envy
06-02-2013, 01:48 PM
The PvP in this game is great.... few aspects that need adjusting (explosives/infectors) But the game play is solid. Takes skill not the first person to shoot someone once wins BS.. God, the COD serious ruined the FPS market/community... Wheres the good'o days of quake and enemy territory where you shooting me in the back would just force me to do a 180 and wreck you with headshots.. Skill based fps has been dead for awhile and looks like this game is trying to bring it back : D

PvE is solid.. So why so many doomsday buffs?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37719497.jpg

Erudai Syraln
06-02-2013, 02:23 PM
The PvP in this game is great.... few aspects that need adjusting (explosives/infectors) But the game play is solid. Takes skill not the first person to shoot someone once wins BS.. God, the COD serious ruined the FPS market/community... Wheres the good'o days of quake and enemy territory where you shooting me in the back would just force me to do a 180 and wreck you with headshots.. Skill based fps has been dead for awhile and looks like this game is trying to bring it back : D

PvE is solid.. So why so many doomsday buffs?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37719497.jpg

There's always people like this, even in successful games is all. I don't know, maybe it's the cool thing to do nowadays. I really don't care, I already got my money's worth out of the game, anything more is just gravy for me. Just pretend they're not there and disregard troll-ish or negative posts in general, works great for me!

That said, yeah. Glad skill-based shooters are slowly making a comeback. Or at least TRYING to.

Daholic
06-02-2013, 02:45 PM
There's always people like this, even in successful games is all. I don't know, maybe it's the cool thing to do nowadays. I really don't care, I already got my money's worth out of the game, anything more is just gravy for me. Just pretend they're not there and disregard troll-ish or negative posts in general, works great for me!

That said, yeah. Glad skill-based shooters are slowly making a comeback. Or at least TRYING to.

Well I understand difficulty is relative, but it absolutely took me no skill what so ever to do anything in Defiance.

Lets see, jump, roll, shoot, reload right?

Fenruswolf
06-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Well I understand difficulty is relative, but it absolutely took me no skill what so ever to do anything in Defiance.

Lets see, jump, roll, shoot, reload right?

How is that different from any other shooter? I mean seriously, they are all the same, just different skins.

Shada Mori
06-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Anarchy Online had the worst start of any MMO, hell video game, possibly product ever produced. Was literally unplayable. As in you could do NOTHING.. ZERO ... maaaybe walk a few feet. And 12 years later the game is still going strong, has reportedly something like 400,000 subscribers and probably three times that in F2P players.. myself included. That may not sound like big numbers compared to WOW, but for a 12 year old product, that's pretty damn impressive. On top of that, the game still gets good reviews with each new expansion.

My point, a bad start doesn't kill a game, nor does it mean it will be shut down soon. Companies can turn it around if they try, and you can't say Trion without Try. Okay.. that was cheesy... but I really feel they are making a good effort and we can only see what happens.

Myria
06-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Anarchy Online had the worst start of any MMO, hell video game, possibly product ever produced. Was literally unplayable.

Quite honestly if AO and STO are people's idea of a success then I guess Defiance is doing great.

Neither, however, are games I've typically heard mentioned in the same breath as "success".

CrazyBard
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Quite honestly if AO and STO are people's idea of a success then I guess Defiance is doing great.

Neither, however, are games I've typically heard mentioned in the same breath as "success".

Then what do you call a success? And name one that didn't launch without issues.

I would hardly call STO a failure either. It's done well, has a strong player base and has evolved a lot since it's initial launch. A game doesn't need to have the biggest sales or the highest player base to be a success; it just needs to meet or exceed the developers own metrics for what they deem a success.

If people don't like a game then why stay around? It makes zero sense.. just go and play one of the other amazingly awesome games that everyone tries to compare Defiance against and says it must be like.

Sly Luck
06-02-2013, 05:35 PM
I call Defiance a stepping stone to Destiny. Nothing more.

Daholic
06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
How is that different from any other shooter? I mean seriously, they are all the same, just different skins.

I know you were trying to show me up a bit, but you actually helped my case! Your right, how is that any different than any other game? So if Defiance has these virtues that you claim to be like anything else, then how does Defiance become a skillful game just doing a copy and paste?

FatDog
06-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I bought the game for my Xbox about the 012 patch and was very disappointed. Arkfalls were almost un-playable because suddenly all the characters would stop. People (here on this fourm) told me it was my network. But about patch 016 - things got a lot more reliable and fun.

There are still lots of hickups, odd messages, etc., but these seem to get better (and occasionally worse), but the core game play still works. I've had some good conversations with guys at Arkfalls, I like the "seasons" and special event weekends.

I spent several hours this weekend and only had 1 major problem. Then they rebooted the servers and gameplay was solid after that.

It's good now - but I see a lot of potential for future missions, game play, etc.

I was a big critic and now I actually recommend the game to co-workers.

Nycturis
06-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I call Defiance a stepping stone to Destiny. Nothing more.
To bad i bet destiny will be like dead island a 4 player drop in and out open world...its will be nothing like defiance having that true mmo feel of random kids doing stupied **** like killing skitterlings at destruction crystal arkfalls...or using there car to ride around and make people mad. what im saying is destiny will not be a bunch of people sharing in the same world at the same time. its not made to be a mmo its was made to be an open world game. take skyrim for example. if they added coop play even with just one person being able to load into your world and help u fight **** than skyrim would be back on top for people who are a fan of coop games. destiny is one big open world for you and a few friends to explore before deciding to load into the multiplayer mode which will probly just be a area you go to to que up and can just walk around and set up your **** before it loads in the game....kinda like finding matches on defiance.....**** destiny......defiance will perform and look and be way more easy to run on the xbox one than on this 8 year old computer we call xbox......im looking foward to xbox one defiance game

born2beagator
06-06-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a game with two sides as far apart as this fan base. One hate the game an everything about it, yet still obviously plays it and rages on the forums, the other loves it

Bored Peon
06-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Every new game has problems. The gaming industry no longer makes bug free games.

People tend to forget other games they played in the past had bugs in the start as well.

It all falls to how much effort is being made to fix those bugs. Trion has definitely put the effort in.

ironhands
06-07-2013, 06:31 AM

APB, before it was purchased and re-released as apb:reloaded

CrazyBard
06-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I don't think I have ever seen a game with two sides as far apart as this fan base. One hate the game an everything about it, yet still obviously plays it and rages on the forums, the other loves it

*shrugs* People just like to moan - it's apparently cool to not like a game, follow it, and ***** about it.

APB, before it was purchased and re-released as apb:reloaded

This is true. Though I just started playing APB:Reloaded again - just don't tell anyone :/

Still loving Defiance and how it's shaping up though, especially the recent additions/changes as they've been great fun and we even went through a few days of very little complaints.. like everyone else, can't wait for the DLC and even moreso now after seeing this last patch.

ironhands
06-07-2013, 06:46 AM
This is true. Though I just started playing APB:Reloaded again - just don't tell anyone :/

Why not? We're allowed to play other games. This weekend I'm finishing up the siege pursuits - i haven't done one yet, once that's done, I'm playing Rift for an hour or two to hit 54, finishing off Farcry 3, and finishing up my login server for the game I'm coding. Probably spend some time in Marvel Heroes as well. Too many games to limit yourself to just one, and, unless you're in a clan that only plays one game, no reason you can't just drop in/out as you want.

bigdirty
06-07-2013, 06:50 AM
What I want to see is if Destiny has launch problems or struggles out of the gate, will all the review sites give it a pass or will they hold its feet to the fire?

ironhands
06-07-2013, 06:52 AM
To bad i bet destiny will be like dead island a 4 player drop in and out open world...

what im saying is destiny will not be a bunch of people sharing in the same world at the same time.

its not made to be a mmo its was made to be an open world game.

Other than hub areas, you're right, based on what we know so far. What we don't know is how many players will be active in co-op, I expect 3-4, but they might have a larger area.

People seem to expect Destiny will be this massive game they'll be able to play for months and never see an end.. The reality, it's probably just borderlands, with a few common areas. People will get bored of it just like every game. I'm certain that there will be many people who will be disappointed that it's not as much of an MMO as people thought it was, just like Defiance (even though they've gone out of their way to say "it's not an MMO"), though maybe not as many.

Granted, it will sell millions, and likely have server issues on day 1, and many people will refuse to admit that it's not the best game ever, as people often do.

If it comes out on PC, I'll buy it, just like I bought Defiance, just like I bought Borderlands. I'll play it for a few weeks, do everything, and sit around waiting for new content.

ironhands
06-07-2013, 06:54 AM
What I want to see is if Destiny has launch problems or struggles out of the gate, will all the review sites give it a pass or will they hold its feet to the fire?

Every review site will say it's the best thing ever, no matter what. It will also very likely have server issues at launch. Due to the hype, there'll be an insane amount of people connecting on day 1, just like D3, BUT, since we're not technically talking about an MMO, it may have a work around for it, or some way to work offline/limited connectivity

PitBull76
06-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Every review site will say it's the best thing ever, no matter what. It will also very likely have server issues at launch. Due to the hype, there'll be an insane amount of people connecting on day 1, just like D3, BUT, since we're not technically talking about an MMO, it may have a work around for it, or some way to work offline/limited connectivity

Just the fact that it is Bungie will give it good reviews. I will admit that the little bit I have seen of Destiny seems interesting and graphically amazing, the fact that it is Bungie makes me apprehensive. I am NOT a fan of Halo. Mostly because the storylines are all too short, but I also have a great disliking for the multiplayer; the VS, not the co-op.

I can only imagine the posts to follow that will flame me with statements about how Halo was the greatest series of games ever made...maybe for some, but not for me.

ironhands
06-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Just the fact that it is Bungie will give it good reviews. I will admit that the little bit I have seen of Destiny seems interesting and graphically amazing, the fact that it is Bungie makes me apprehensive. I am NOT a fan of Halo. Mostly because the storylines are all too short, but I also have a great disliking for the multiplayer; the VS, not the co-op.

I can only imagine the posts to follow that will flame me with statements about how Halo was the greatest series of games ever made...maybe for some, but not for me.

pretty much.

Halo did a few good things, the shield recharge, and the control scheme have become standard. The game looked amazing (I've only played the first) but it was really enjoyable, had a great atmosphere, but I wouldn't give it anything over Bioshock.

Hope499
06-07-2013, 07:20 AM

lol, or he can just enjoy a game, as opposed to be a hater? lol some people get so upset that others actually enjoy this game.

ironhands
06-07-2013, 07:34 AM
lol, or he can just enjoy a game, as opposed to be a hater? lol some people get so upset that others actually enjoy this game.

I like mayo on my french fries.

N3gativeCr33p
06-07-2013, 07:40 AM

I pretty much agree... to me, the Halo series always seemed just a little bit overrated.

You're not the only one.

ironhands
06-07-2013, 08:00 AM
you're not the only one.

you can"t put mayo on french fries!!!11!1

Myria
06-07-2013, 08:05 AM

Given that both Rift and Storm Legion got fantastic reviews, by and large a bit (or, in Storm Legion's case, quite a bit) better than they really deserved, I find it rather hard to understand why anyone thinks there's some sort of bias on the part of reviewers against Trion.

To be honest, while the game has improved in some ways since launch, the launch condition of Defiance was so god awful bad I'd say it likewise got better reviews than it deserved.

In short, if anything I think there's been a fairly extreme bias in favor of Trion.

Fenruswolf
06-08-2013, 10:00 AM

I like chocolate shakes with my French fries.

Jayt2001
06-08-2013, 11:13 AM
it is mind boggling to think anyone on this forum hates the game sooo bad. Do the people bashing the game on the DEFIANCE forums think Trion is going to pull up your post and cancel the game? The fact that you're here tells them even though you complain you continue to play. Just so all the haters know, THERE IS NO PERFECT COMPUTER PROGRAM!! Get a clue, not everything is going to be exactly how you want it to be. Do something for the entire community, instead of just complaining, give some insightful suggestions and maybe the game will continue to improve. I have seen a HUGE improvement in the game play and will continue to play to see what is next and how it will tie into the show. Bottom line if you don't like the game, I'm sure there are other forums you can use that have ALL like minded people that you can give high fives to every time you bash this ever improving way to pass time while you get drunk...hehe

Jayt2001
06-12-2013, 06:32 PM
bump, bump, bump

angryglock
06-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Personally, my only real gripe (Glitches and Exploits aside) is the low Draw Distance for character models...

Is the "low draw distance" a console thing? I don't notice it on the PC.

P4NCH0theD0G
06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Is the "low draw distance" a console thing? I don't notice it on the PC.

I honestly don't know. Also, it's probably only really noticeable when sniping. The Draw Distance on Xbox 360 for character models is pretty much 80 meters, the DD for vehicles about 100 meters.

I did some experimenting during Shadow Wars, looking at distance to the capture points, and over 100 meters distance you see no characters or vehicles, between 80 and 100 meters you only see Vehicles without drivers and no characters - despite your reticule being able to "see" those invisible characters as indicated by healthbars; but at 75 meters (at the latest) characters phase in and become visible.

I assume it's the same Distance for PVE, but there are no real distance indicators, but it's quite annoying.

shadowkin
06-20-2013, 12:46 PM
I suppory and love horizontal progression but there needs to be some sort of linear progression as in some form of raiding tiers or something, altho that would imbalance pvp since we work hard for our pvp items thru pve (which i honestly really love, i love tuning and tweaking my character to a battle worthy status then jumping into pvp, since it is pretty balanced in THAT regard, infectors are a diff story lol).

Also we need a city hub, a bank, and auction house (lol forum trading is telegraphing relative to texting), and in game barber where we can change our hair and facepaint with scrip (then sell us new hairstyles for bits duhhh i dunno why they don't really lol), a new tab for mods in inventory even if it doesn't actuslly expand the inventory.

The dlc looks sick but wtill doesn't add longevity which worries me. there needs to be some purpose to the game, an overarching purpose that drives players, bc pursuits are lacklustet and pointless really except for the outfits that some grant. I dunno what else but this game could be THE first shooter mmo that doesn't fail but they are falling and falling fast, they need to do a 180. I can't even find coop maps anymore unless i queue for the one that is the daily and if i queue random i will get daily over and over.

Please trion make these things happen and add an overarching progression of sorts to keep people motivated, tiwred content even if the rewards are only cosmetic, and then the amenities i suggested. I mean cmon there is money in it for u too, like sell us hairstyles for bits but then also put an in game barber whete we can mess with all our hairstyles!

Kronik
06-20-2013, 12:50 PM
With every piece of good commentary Trion gets, a promising IP dies.

blurps
06-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Getting co-ops not covered by a current contract to pop is getting increasingly difficult on the EU PC server, even during prime time. And I'm not talking about the Motherlode.

WhiteCell
06-20-2013, 10:15 PM

What other MMO's have you played before?

Defiance is one of the worst console ports I've ever played. I game a lot so I'm curious as to whether you do as well because Trion's post product support has been pretty awful especially for an "MMO".

Radb
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
I've just finished the main story campaign and all the side missions and enjoyed it immensely. Now that I'm delving into pursuits, co-op & PvP I'm starting to see the ugly side of the game - the bugs. It seems as if the story + side missions were given attention but the rest of the game was patched together. Bugs aside the game is still a lot of fun. I feel Defiance has a very strong core with its gameplay (gunplay?) which looks and feels great. To me nailing that aspect is the most important - the rest can be tweaked and improved.

For those still thinking about trying the game: Paid $49.99 and have logged upwards of 40 hours doing arkfalls, sieges, side + main mission. I already got my moneys worth with this game but its not over yet. I tried pvp for the first time yesterday and had a blast. I haven't done any co-op instances yet and I only have 23/101 pursuits complete. There is still a lot of game left to play and on top of all that there are the episode missions & the TV show to watch. That in my opinion is a ton of entertainment for the $49.99 I paid.