PDA

View Full Version : Why is the system coming down???

Dazz
06-01-2013, 04:31 PM
C'mon guys, the weekends only last so long and your track record of quit restarts is pretty bad.

Cerne
06-01-2013, 04:33 PM
C'mon guys, the weekends only last so long and your track record of quit restarts is pretty bad.

its coming down cause the server is highly unstable atm and can take players up to 5 minutes just to load there minimap and location aka they are in an empty world getting killed by invisible enemies. most ppl are dcing so frequently that they are already done logging in for the day and cant take being dcd every 2-3 min

ralisti
06-01-2013, 04:34 PM
It had better be an urgent and vital fix. Taking the server down on the prime playing day, during the prime playing hours, and during an weekend with an event (loot bonus) had better be for a serious issue.

Then again, with Trion's track record of decision making, they could be rebooting to install the latest version of Minesweeper on the server.

Dazz
06-01-2013, 04:35 PM
It had better be an urgent and vital fix. Taking the server down on the prime playing day, during the prime playing hours, and during an weekend with an event (loot bonus) had better be for a serious issue.

Then again, with Trion's track record of decision making, they could be rebooting to install the latest version of Minesweeper on the server.

I'm hoping they take this opportunity to tone down the whinging of the infected people.

Namaraque
06-01-2013, 04:37 PM
its coming down cause the server is highly unstable atm and can take players up to 5 minutes just to load there minimap and location aka they are in an empty world getting killed by invisible enemies. most ppl are dcing so frequently that they are already done logging in for the day and cant take being dcd every 2-3 min

Are you a dev? A Mod? No, then quit with the BS rumors. Can find NOTHING official yet, and unless your crystal ball has a direct line to TRION.....

Mental Riot
I'm hoping they take this opportunity to tone down the whinging of the forum people.

Fixed it for you. XD

Cerne

atm my clan has boosts on for the weekend as well as a few have group boosts for this weekend the issue with that is we have not been able to stay logged in for more than 3 minutes at a time due to crashes/disconnects so i believe the servers coming down to fix things quickly is a good idea however i do agree with Trions track record it wont be long till it needs to come down again

Cerne
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Are you a dev? A Mod? No, then quit with the BS rumors. Can find NOTHING official yet, and unless your crystal ball has a direct line to TRION.....

its not BS at all my crystal ball has a direct link to live support you num nuts not hard to contact live support when they are having so many issues and ask what will be done.

How bout you turn your "crystal ball" on and go find out for yourself at the following link wait in que like everyone else does the crystal ball doesnt reveal answers instantly takes time

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478

Wraieth
06-01-2013, 04:39 PM
anyone wanna take a guess at what they will break while its down? we all know they will they have every single time so far lol.

ncanning
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM
It seems weird that the server down times are always on prime hours, I hear the EU guys saying the same thing. You would think they would Do NA during EU prime time and vice versa, eh

Mercy Killing
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm having no troubles staying connected. Most likely, connection issues are on PLAYER end, not server. Rant at your ineffective ISP, not Trion. This makes almost exactly 14 hours since the last downtime/update. It's getting old, and I just STARTED playing.

Cephious
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
It seems weird that the server down times are always on prime hours, I hear the EU guys saying the same thing. You would think they would Do NA during EU prime time and vice versa, eh

As someone else suggested...the servers are probably overloaded at the moment. They probably get pulled down at peak times so frequently because they really can't handle the server load. Just a thought.

Edit: I was having absolutely no problems on PSN...I don't know about other platforms though.

Colif
06-01-2013, 04:44 PM
They are secretly Australians, as its one of the few games where downtime isn't my prime time. It is sort of nice to see others get it for a change.

Dazz
06-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Fixed it for you. XD

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/281/699/ab5.jpg

Anderson
06-01-2013, 04:45 PM
DefianceGame Server Update: We will be updating servers to resolve a Contract and Pursuit error at 4:45pm PT. Downtime will be 45min #DefianceUpdate

And cue whinging about Twitter...

poisd2strike
06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
The official reason why the Servers are coming down is as follows:

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4m

Server Update: We will be updating servers to resolve a Contract and Pursuit error at 4:45pm PT. Downtime will be 45min #DefianceUpdate

Taken from https://twitter.com/DefianceGame That doesn't mean there are not other issues. Apparently, people are having Connectivity issues. I suppose that *could* have something to do with the "Contract and Pursuit error"...:confused:

Pyth
06-01-2013, 04:46 PM
They're fixing the weekly contracts.

And lol @ too many playing and it's overloading the servers.

Zemenar
06-01-2013, 04:47 PM
I havent had any connection issues on Xbox today since 10am its prolly player side as usual. As for the server down its to fix the contract/pursuit issues that the last hotfix messed up.

Cephious
06-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Server Update: June 1st 4:45 PM PT - NA & EU PC, PS3 & Xbox 360
We will be applying a quick hotfix to our NA & EU PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 servers. We expect 1 hour of downtime.

Server Update:
Date: June 1st, 2013
Time: 4:45 PM PT
Duration: 45 Minutes

Patch Notes
Quick update to resolve the contracts issue

straight from the horses mouth. They expect an hour of downtime, yet the server update duration is only supposed to be 45min. Way to play ahead!?

Cerne
06-01-2013, 04:48 PM
As someone else suggested...the servers are probably overloaded at the moment. They probably get pulled down at peak times so frequently because they really can't handle the server load. Just a thought.

Edit: I was having absolutely no problems on PSN...I don't know about other platforms though.

Exactly GM Rayosequis on live support told me that they were experiencing more traffic than normal which was causing latency and connection issues for some players and that they were looking to resolve the issues shortly. The servers went down moments after this response.

Quatermass
06-01-2013, 04:49 PM
anyone wanna take a guess at what they will break while its down? we all know they will they have every single time so far lol.

The bonus loot drop of course...
Thats what broke the last time they had a "fix" :D

dee man
06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I was only getting disconnected at arkfalls. I've got direct connection, Verizon fios. Happens every weekend during peak hours.

Cerne
06-01-2013, 04:54 PM
I was only getting disconnected at arkfalls. I've got direct connection, Verizon fios. Happens every weekend during peak hours.

same this weekend seemed worse than most for some reason

Vinnzo
06-01-2013, 04:56 PM
While they're at it they can silence those annoying sick ppl at vendors, please let us take them out of their misery.

dee man
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Yes, they are supper annoying. I wish we could just put them out of their misery.

Namaraque
06-01-2013, 05:01 PM
The official reason why the Servers are coming down is as follows:

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4m

Server Update: We will be updating servers to resolve a Contract and Pursuit error at 4:45pm PT. Downtime will be 45min #DefianceUpdate

Taken from https://twitter.com/DefianceGame That doesn't mean there are not other issues. Apparently, people are having Connectivity issues. I suppose that *could* have something to do with the "Contract and Pursuit error"...:confused:

TO CERNE: Really???

TA Mastermind
06-01-2013, 05:02 PM

If you would stop coming here first and B******g and look at the server status updates you would know.

Turantula
06-01-2013, 05:02 PM

He's right the servers are very unstable and enemies are rendering in and out of phase. It is happening. Can't find anything official? Play the game sometimes instead of just forum flaming and see for yourself.

Youkai Risu
06-01-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm hoping they take this opportunity to tone down the whinging of the infected people.

i wish that was the case.

Youkai Risu
06-01-2013, 05:07 PM
He's right the servers are very unstable and enemies are rendering in and out of phase. It is happening. Can't find anything official? Play the game sometimes instead of just forum flaming and see for yourself.

hes just insane after fast traveling too many times and caught the invisible dying plague

Cerne
06-01-2013, 05:09 PM
TO CERNE: Really???

yup just because they say a few things does not mean they didn't also take it down for server stability issues i have the entire logs from the chat with GM Rayosequis in regards to it. It's common in most games for them to resolve more than 1 or 2 issues and not list everything during a hotfix and restart or is this your first mmo?

Several of the "restarts" they have had in this game since beta also included episode missions/content even though it was only listed as a "quick server restart". You would know this if you have been around since Beta

freshtilldeathCY
This alwaaaaaaay's seems to happen on most mmo special events...but hopefully it is only 45 mins like posted on their site :)

Namaraque

I do. Wish I was still. Servers have been "unstable" since the second week of April, and if anything, have gotten worse. I don't think a 45 minute patch will help the matter. And a far a flaming, I'm not the one that sank to "num nuts" as a descriptive. Have a coke, a smile and.....

Cerne
06-01-2013, 05:11 PM

He's just upset that i mailed him the link to my "crystal ball with a direct line to trion" called live support

Cerne
06-01-2013, 05:15 PM
I do. Wish I was still. Servers have been "unstable" since the second week of April, and if anything, have gotten worse. I don't think a 45 minute patch will help the matter. And a far a flaming, I'm not the one that sank to "num nuts" as a descriptive. Have a coke, a smile and.....

Servers actually were much more stable at patch 1.016 however disconnects and such became more frequent after patch 1.020 but yes there is no "perfect game" however stability can increase and decrease due to many different variables.

And no its not a sure fix with 45min of downtime but often if your pc starts running slow its best to reboot it and it gives you more time for a "stable" piece of hardware as the memory is cleaned. Same applies to the servers of an MMO its the main reason there is scheduled maintenance for many large games like Defiance.

Cerne
06-01-2013, 05:18 PM

no your right you didn't say num nuts rather you said i'm looking into a crystal ball like some sort of wizard.....thats not trolling/flaming at all is it num nuts....

Turantula
06-01-2013, 05:27 PM

This was a great quote from a great standup, but seeing how this was posted under my comment to you, where did I say any of these things?