PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION TESTERS: This is NOT a Beta OR Play test! It is a STRESS test!

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Please do not make pointless posts about TRION "sucks" or fails because you can't get in or cannot play.

This is a stress test. Which means they WANT you to slam their login servers to death. They need to see how much juice and power they will require when the real Betas open, so everyone can login happily and play without getting stuck or crashing.

You will get to play the Beta very soon, but right now it's our job to help give them the information they need to have a successful beta launch. Be constructive! Participate positively!

Covington
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM
That's why I keep retrying. Giving up wouldn't help their cause. Consider it farming. :cool:

Heimn
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
http://info.fattyweightloss.com/wp-content/uploads/stress-ball.jpg

?

Krypty
And just to be clear - this is not any indication of how a beta test weekend would go if they left the servers 'as-is'. They are running only this one server and having EVERYONE load into the same area at the same time. This essentially is the worst treatment any of their servers would ever experience.

Epi
Please do not make pointless posts about TRION "sucks" or fails because you can't get in or cannot play.

This is a stress test. Which means they WANT you to slam their login servers to death. They need to see how much juice and power they will require when the real Betas open, so everyone can login happily and play without getting stuck or crashing.

You will get to play the Beta very soon, but right now it's our job to help give them the information they need to have a successful beta launch. Be constructive! Participate positively!

O'rlly? employee of the Month?

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
O'rlly? employee of the Month?

Haha! I wish, then I could actually bring home a good income :) (Silly recession.)

Militaratus
01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
The goal is to set their server on fire using the power of love! So Love that Login button, love pressing OK, and love pressing Play. :D

Zorky
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Ehh we all know its stress test says so in the email lol

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Ehh we all know its stress test says so in the email lol
Haha, you should browse some of these replies and posts in the Defiance forum.

They think it's play-have-fun-time. (Which it is if you can actually get in, luckies!)

Lilaeth
01-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Often people that get invited to Beta think they are getting to play a game. Your sole purpose is to stress the servers, report bugs if it is a play session, and not talk about content or trash the unfinished product. This is just a log in stress test, I suppose. We're finding that out now because I cannot actually log on to a server to see the game.
Character creation is nice. I would like to see the humans faces tilted upwards so you can see the features better.

mrrshann618
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Someone was actually expecting to play?
I'm sitting here watching a movie slamming that login key.
Stressing that systems as fast as my button can tap "ok"

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Haha, I'm stuck at the "Play" button. It won't go past that.

AdolfCaezar
01-11-2013, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen one "Trion Sucks" thread.

PC Game Developer brown nosers SUCK though. =oO

KaoticS
01-11-2013, 08:26 PM

I haven't either - Jen's been brown nosing in every thread i've seen

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
False.

It's called logic. I know, it's hard to comprehend.

Ozrik55

Have yet to able to login into server to "STRESS TEST" anything.

KaoticS
False.

It's called logic. I know, it's hard to comprehend.

Post one thread that said trion sucks.

Sorry that your being called out on your brown nosing. lol.

Covington
Character creation is nice. I would like to see the humans faces tilted upwards so you can see the features better.

That's a good idea too!

dragnier
01-11-2013, 08:28 PM
That's why I keep retrying. Giving up wouldn't help their cause. Consider it farming. :cool:

Exactly this ^

SGGhostRider
01-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I might stress the server if i get pass the "Play" button of the launcher,that white Window is stressing me because don't launch the sh.it game,only appears and disappears every time i click on "Play".... grrrrr... :mad::mad::mad:

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Post one thread that said trion sucks.

Sorry that your being called out on your brown nosing. lol.
The term "threads and posts" is a general subject, I have not seen a thread, but I have seen a post. I bet they will pop up after the 3 hours are over. Posts do exist, though.

I know I am not brown nosing, but you are doing a good job making yourself the fool. Do as you please, my statement stands.

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:30 PM
It might stress the server if i get pass the "Play" button of the launcher,that white Window is stressing me because don't launch the sh.it game,only appears and disappears every time i click on "Play".... grrrrr... :mad::mad::mad:

I'm stuck on that point too. Trying to attempt to find what the issue is, no go so far. :<

KaoticS
01-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Jen - You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, these threads aren't helpful or constructive. If there was a problem with those types of "threads" Trion will deal with it. Like you said though, there aren't any. So this threads point again is?

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Jen - You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, these threads aren't helpful or constructive. If there was a problem with those threads Trion will deal with it.

Do as you please, your opinion is yours, shoving it down other people's throats is not kosher though.

Good luck stress testing.

KaoticS
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Do as you please, your opinion is yours, shoving it down other people's throats is not kosher though.

Good luck stress testing.

No opinions here - Only facts. Like the 0 threads complaining about Trion lol. Happy testing

PhoenixFyre76
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Just Glad to see there are some people who actually read the emails! Crash & Burn this Baby!

:D

AdolfCaezar
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
"HEY YOU GUYS, We're lucky to even be helping stress the game. We should be thanking our lucky stars for the opportunity. Don't go talking about how you couldn't get in, and how stuff is bugged. IT'S A STRESS TEST, and you are blessed. Be BLESSED. I mean GEEZ is a thank you so hard?" :D

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:36 PM
No opinions here - Only facts. Like the 0 threads complaining about Trion lol. Happy testing

Thankyou for giving this informational thread plenty of bumps!

And I agree Phoenix, literacy is very important. Not many people have mastered it though, as seen recently.

Vassult
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I made a toon, it was cool, but I have no delusions of playing, just want to help make this better than other games.... that being said, II so hope this takes off in a big way. Cheers Trion people, and best of luck on this.

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
"HEY YOU GUYS, We're lucky to even be helping stress the game. We should be thanking our lucky stars for the opportunity. Don't go talking about how you couldn't get in, and how stuff is bugged. IT'S A STRESS TEST, and you are blessed. Be BLESSED. I mean GEEZ is a thank you so hard?" :D
Not getting in can be useful information to them. Especially where they are stuck or how. Or certain technical errors.

Delivery is key.

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:38 PM
I made a toon, it was cool, but I have no delusions of playing, just want to help make this better than other games.... that being said, II so hope this takes off in a big way. Cheers Trion people, and best of luck on this.

Ohhh lucky! How is the character creation so far? I hear it isn't super special yet, but they will definitely add more later of course.

PhoenixFyre76
01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
i have not seen a thread, but I was hearing a good bit of bashing IN-Game and whiner about (I don't have a starting vehicle, how do I get one?)

Been Beta testing for 5 years on all types....this is mild as hell!

Jen
01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Indeed! They do stress tests very well and respond accordingly.

I have been in many betas where the stress test went through (or they didn't have one at all) and the servers kept crashing even well into beta.

electprogeny
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM

Ba-dah-boom!

Funami
01-11-2013, 09:26 PM
yes its a stress test but people will always have opinions and expressing them now could potently shed light on something missed by QA.

now im not saying blind rage induced banter is needed but to make the game better you need outside opinions at every stage so as time passes you know its going in the wright direction.

all i will say on this topic.