PDA

View Full Version : Devs Please read- Redesign your spawn for freight yard!!!!

Justified
06-01-2013, 10:11 PM
It's obvious that with cliff we start on, we're not going to have anyone coming to spawn camp. The problem is we are being griefed by some jerks who block the door way with their atv. I've taken pics if you need them. Not being able to play because someone is interfering in the game mechanics is an exploit if you ask me. The easiest way to get around this is to just have an open spawn point instead of putting us into a freaking building. It serves no purpose and doesn't provide any protection. What it's doing is causing us players grief because of a couple of jerks. I have a feeling these people don't want to pvp, but are doing it to just get easy keys. I submitted a report about the player, but it's been a few hours and no one has responded. I have no idea if your support will do anything.

Short version- let us spawn in the open instead of the building.

Tigercml
06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Just happened to me two matches in a row. I wrote down the guys name. I also sent a report but I don't know what good it will do. Can I post his name here or is that against the rules?

_Peacemaker_
06-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah spawning in the building isn't working well. Remove the building. The world is full of idiots and you gotta idiot proof it so us players who want to actually play the game and play the objective without having to be interrupted by said idiots. The other problem I had was some grieffer named JoZay on Xbox was sitting in our Cerberus driver seat and not letting us use it to play the objective, get turret kills, etc. He was just helping the other team by sitting there, then he drove off to some corner of the map and sat there again the whole match doing nothing to help the team. There should be a vote kick option for that sort of behavior.

Justified
06-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Just happened to me two matches in a row. I wrote down the guys name. I also sent a report but I don't know what good it will do. Can I post his name here or is that against the rules?

It's been happening for the last 4 hours for me. 1 out of 3 matches has someone being a jerk and blocking the entrance with an atv or cerberus. Only way I could get out was kill myself then spawn at a different location.

Changing the spawn point would be the easiest solution. Another thing is that they can do an auto kick out if the player hasn't gotten killed or killed anyone after 5 minutes of spawning. This would mean that they're not participating and don't belong in the game.

DevilDog
06-01-2013, 11:48 PM
You could always destroy the vehicle and walk out :)

vagrant1
06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
You could always destroy the vehicle and walk out :)
Once a team member sits on a runner it's considered friendly and there is no way to blow it up. I haven't ran into this yet but I have run into 2 team members taking the cerberus and staying in the start point with it for the whole match.

ncanning
06-02-2013, 12:22 AM
bump......

Agamenon Atreides
06-02-2013, 12:57 AM
bump......

Yesterday i got a ******ed in 2 matches in a row using the cerberus to destroy our own ATV crashing against them (STONGA was his name) it was reported, i think that a part of we need a second or third entrance to the spawn building we need that the vehicles can't collide until someone is using it.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Just had one myself, not too happy about it. One thing can do is kill ourselves and spawn in cerberus then get out so others can spawn. In my match he had friends sitting in cerberus just outside the door so we all got stuck for 90% of match. Also couldn't see friends names so no way to report them. Little ahole did text about it though

LordRaymond
06-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Wow damn I didn't know people do that ****. Anyways adding a second opening to the building in a future patch would solve it.

_Peacemaker_
06-02-2013, 02:18 AM
A second entrance will just make 1 more person block that entrance with an ATV or Cerberus. Just remove the building entirely. Grieffers will just find another way if you give it to them. There is no need for the start building at all. Enemies can't get up there or shoot up there.

Wtflag
06-02-2013, 02:33 AM
They could add a ladder to the root of the spawn point.

Gratty
06-02-2013, 02:45 AM
I don't even understand the purpose of spawning in a tiny building anyways.

Don't complain too much or FY will be gone for another 2 months.

MrSoKoLoV
06-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Very easy sollution for this problem, something we see in almost every online shooter these days it's called "SPAWN ON YOUR TEAMMATE". There no fuss for choosing another spot that in some way will have other problems of it's own.

FantasyMeister
06-02-2013, 03:59 AM
You could always equip the Decoy Power, use it to get the other side of the blockage et voila, griefer will throw his toys out of the Cerberus.

This is assuming you've got at least a point in the Decoy Power, probably worth throwing one there until this is fixed.

Gratty
06-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Generally you can just roll through the troll as well

_Peacemaker_
06-02-2013, 01:57 PM
You could always equip the Decoy Power, use it to get the other side of the blockage et voila, griefer will throw his toys out of the Cerberus.

This is assuming you've got at least a point in the Decoy Power, probably worth throwing one there until this is fixed.
This is also assuming the griefer is paying attention to the screen and dumb enough to fall for it. I still haven't seen anyone come up with a better idea than having the start building removed entirely.

Cerne
06-02-2013, 02:11 PM
serious issue happens often OR i will see team mates hanging with enemies and revealing cloaked players should for sure add a vote to kick option and remove the building

cab0218
06-02-2013, 02:33 PM
The map needs to be removed if this is happening. It needs to be fixed. I rather have it be gone and fixed then have to put up with this unless Trion gets some balls and actually bans these people. If we cannot post their names on here then they need to be banned from reporting. As seen on Xbox live this does not always work and it can take months for people to be banned.

DJTrig
06-02-2013, 02:40 PM
You can spawn camp/be spawn camped,just doesn't happen much "yet".

_Peacemaker_
06-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Nah, don't remove it. I'm too close to finishing the pursuit for Arkfalls and Uplinks II, I'm sure a lot of others are too. Not to mention Trion always puts capture and hold in the daily and weekly contracts even if Freightyard is in or not. The problem is annoying, but I'd rather just deal with it by leaving the match and finding a new one than have it out entirely.

dominad
06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
No matter what is done people will always find a way to spawn trap you have to develop your playing style to work out how to prevent them doing it. Still fixing small issues in the maps and or spawn locations can help.

Justified
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
removing the building is the easiest way to fix this. They can't spawn trap you if there's no building. Also, spawning on a team mate is far harder to code than removing a building. Also, there's no reason to remove the map just to remove the building. It would just be a small server patch.

Tigercml
06-02-2013, 05:01 PM
removing the building is the easiest way to fix this. They can't spawn trap you if there's no building. Also, spawning on a team mate is far harder to code than removing a building. Also, there's no reason to remove the map just to remove the building. It would just be a small server patch.

Wouldn't removing the building be a client fix? Which would take more time because it would require a patch.

Justified
06-02-2013, 06:19 PM
No. It would be a server patch. The environment is server. The client usually handles the character, profile, UI, type stuff.

Justified
06-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Hoping a dev will see this...

Justified
06-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Not going to quit until we get a response.

cab0218
06-04-2013, 08:35 AM
We wont Im guessing. Look how long it took them to actually address the perks unequipping.

SymbolicGamer
06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Whiners already ruined vehicles and shotguns. Now you want to ruin Freight Yard.

Listen to me. I come from a shooter background. I can tell that is something many of you do not have. You need the building.

There's only one starting spawn, which is bad enough.

Without the building the enemy has a clear line of sight of your spawn. The proper fix would be to add additional spawn points at the start. The quick fix would be to just blow out the back walls giving trapped players another exit, but do NOT get rid of the ****ing building.

Silven
06-04-2013, 08:58 AM
This is why I don't play freight yard. First ever game of it I played on and someone blocked the exit with a vehicle. A couple of exits to the building should fix it.

Jinn Goodman
06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
It's obvious that with cliff we start on, we're not going to have anyone coming to spawn camp. The problem is we are being griefed by some jerks who block the door way with their atv. I've taken pics if you need them. Not being able to play because someone is interfering in the game mechanics is an exploit if you ask me. The easiest way to get around this is to just have an open spawn point instead of putting us into a freaking building. It serves no purpose and doesn't provide any protection. What it's doing is causing us players grief because of a couple of jerks. I have a feeling these people don't want to pvp, but are doing it to just get easy keys. I submitted a report about the player, but it's been a few hours and no one has responded. I have no idea if your support will do anything.

Short version- let us spawn in the open instead of the building.This would be up to the design team. Not the devs.

Justified
06-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Whiners already ruined vehicles and shotguns. Now you want to ruin Freight Yard.

Listen to me. I come from a shooter background. I can tell that is something many of you do not have. You need the building.

There's only one starting spawn, which is bad enough.

Without the building the enemy has a clear line of sight of your spawn. The proper fix would be to add additional spawn points at the start. The quick fix would be to just blow out the back walls giving trapped players another exit, but do NOT get rid of the ****ing building.

There's not clear line of sight to either building. The trees obscure it already. However, I'm ok with removing the wall of the building too. whatever it takes so we don't get blocked in any more.

Justified
06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Designers are developers too right? They write code, therefore they are devs.

bigdirty
06-04-2013, 10:59 AM
I've tried to snipe the starting point but I believe it is obscured by fog. You can see it, but enemies don't show up. Also, if you could what is the difference in terms of sniping? You'd snipe them when they spawn or snipe them as they run to vehicles. It doesnt' change much.

The problem is people blocking the door with vehicles.

Rah
06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
The whole reason there is no collision with friendly players is to prevent griefing. Games that have character collision always attract use of griefing. It's no surprise that someone is using friendly collision of vehicles to grief. In the open world, people have tried to do it with their cars and trucks, but you move right through them because of no collision. So, the answer is to turn friendly vehicle collision off to prevent the griefing, or if they're going for a degree of realism, only turn it on when the person is in a vehicle. So the one in the vehicle can collide with friendly vehicles, and the one in the room walks right through the blocked doorway.

Getting rid of the building is lazy, and does invite people to spawn snipe. It only takes one person on each side using a 3rd party voice chat, sniper on one side, and a spotter on the other giving feedback of left/right, up/down. Get the angle down, and bam, free grief kills right as people spawn.

As it is, people already snipe point A and C from the spawning area.

SymbolicGamer
06-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I've tried to snipe the starting point but I believe it is obscured by fog. You can see it, but enemies don't show up. Also, if you could what is the difference in terms of sniping? You'd snipe them when they spawn or snipe them as they run to vehicles. It doesnt' change much.

The problem is people blocking the door with vehicles.

You're not standing in the right spot. I've nailed people getting into the vehicles, and I've seen people actually get over the cliff and spawn camp.

MrsFlyingKebab
06-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Blocking the spawn exit with a vehicle:
Had this yesterday on Freight Yard (PS3). So frustrating and just what is the point? If you're doing it because all your friends are on the other team and you're helping them, then that is cheating, and in this PVP: What.Is.The.Point. (I mean winning gets you SO many rewards huh? and Because 'aw yeah my friends won, nurr nurr nurr (but we cheated)' is a real achievement; go stroke your mahoosive e-peen sure in the knowledge that you can only win by being an arse.
And if you did it because you felt like it then you're still an arse.

So thats me done with freight yard til its sorted.

Justified
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I haven't gone back since I finished my FY pursuits.

Indra Echo
06-11-2013, 09:27 AM

Short version- let us spawn in the open instead of the building.

Yep, this happened last night when I was playing. I started playing a game in progress, noticed our team wasn't doing very well. I died and then actually spawned into the passenger seat of the thing. And the driver was blocking the door to our spawn point. Since we had no points captured no one could get out the door and I couldn't talk to anyone to see if they could try the roll thing to get out. Also, I could not get out of the vehicle. I think the game needs to have at least a driver death if the cerberus does not move for some period of time-and a timeout so the driver cannot die and re-spawn into the thing. I tried everything I could think of and then just quit the game.

Just one more thing in the long list of crap that goes on in PvP and that needs to be addressed.

Someone said remove the building and that might work but along with that you'd have to create an invincibility grace period because I can see it now-people from the other team will spawn camp with detonators, infectors, launchers, BMGs and sniper rifles even.

At least you got the guy's name and could try to do something-I couldn't even remember who was driving and couldn't see his name because I couldn't move.

Indra Echo
06-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I haven't gone back since I finished my FY pursuits.

Yeah, got my pursuits done and once I have trusted Reputation with Echelon, I won't be interested in any PvP and FY is the worst.

treadingwater
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Yeah after I have my Echelon Trusted and PS3 headshot/running over people trophies done I'll probably avoid freight yard.

FireSerpant
06-11-2013, 09:43 AM
If you see an atv blocking a door here's a hint " walk through the damn thing" it's friendly so it won't hurt you only if its an enemy will it hurt you. I have yet to see where a friendly atv or truck has actually hit an killed another friendly let alone touched them.

XavierBK
06-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Except that doesn't work.

Justified
06-11-2013, 11:27 AM
If you see an atv blocking a door here's a hint " walk through the damn thing" it's friendly so it won't hurt you only if its an enemy will it hurt you. I have yet to see where a friendly atv or truck has actually hit an killed another friendly let alone touched them.

OMG, why didn't I think of that before? :rolleyes:

You obviously have never been blocked in. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't start calling people names.

snake171
06-11-2013, 11:53 AM
oddly enough one time i saw an enemy cerberus up on our spawn dont ask me how the hell that happened

Lattakay
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
you can jump against the assfaced player and dive, i got out everytime

Justified
06-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Finally getting it fixed!!! http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?93837-Patch-1.022-Discussion