PDA

View Full Version : Classes and Unique Abilities?

Superskull85
03-23-2013, 06:50 PM
I made 3 characters: Survivalist, Outlaw and Machinest (sp?). The only differences I see are your outfit and your starting weapon. Am I missing something? Is there a real reason to pick one over the other for gameplay purposes? Is there a mastery rank latter in the game?

With the virtually unlimited EGO rank cap it seems everyone could play any role in a group. Is this the case?

Maldrix
03-23-2013, 07:23 PM
This has been discussed in other threads and on websites talking about Defiance, they give you class choices at the start of the game but those classes mean nothing as there are no weapon or power restrictions.
In another thread someone did say that they found a weapon that had a + stat percentage for Machinist, but I guess we will need to wait till release to see more of that.

It could be cool if they gave each class another ability, unique to them.
Maybe Machinist's could hack turrets? But they don't appear to often so maybe they could make their own?

Superskull85
03-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Would be nice. I hear the game being compared to Borderlands but at least in Borderlands having alts actually helped you be a more rounded character. From what I have seen thus far there is no practical difference to having an alt if I can do everything with one character just by leveling and grinding.

Hopefully there is something more unique for the classes. In the long run alts is what will keep me playing a game for a long period.

Desidus
03-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Might be that the different classes will have different things to do with the plot of the game. Special missions for the classes. Certain people that will only give you certain important details about something.. who knows. I have a feeling there is more to it than they are leading us to believe.