PDA

View Full Version : Friend in another "phase", Join phase doesnt work?

Poisonedpawn78
06-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

I have a friend who just started playing the game recently and it appears he is on another server or "phase" of the game than I am. When I try to group with him and select join phase to be able to run around the world together absolutely nothing happens. Has anyone run into this issue before or know of a solution?

Additionally we cannot add each other as friends to be able to teleport to each other. I think the phasing issue is the problem for this as well but I cannot confirm 100%. all we both know is that /friend name is not adding each other to the friends list.

Anyone run into these issues and actually get them resolved?

Thanks.

Poisonedpawn78
06-02-2013, 02:28 PM
We managed to get a work around for this if anyone else runs into this problem. My friend did a lookup or inspect of my character and it allowed the friends button on that page to work. We could then teleport to each other as normal.

just a reminder that /friend name did not work. however inspect and add friend button DID work.

Cheers,

Numina
06-03-2013, 12:16 AM
I've had this happen a few times and had to log out and back in to be able to switch phases.

carpesangrea
06-03-2013, 12:21 AM
I believe this is somehow related to the glitch that causes clan functionality to stop working, and most in-game player names to appear with blue text.

I have run into your issue on several occasions, and logging out usually solves it. Sometimes you both have to log out. They really need to fix this.

Coalfax
06-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Note tat if you have completed certain storyline missions that change the "local" area of the map to you (ex: The sentry guns in Downtown San Fran) then you will not be able to be in the same phase with your friend in those areas.