PDA

View Full Version : Is the Nim fight broken?

Creature
06-02-2013, 06:41 PM
So I decided to redo the campaign and got to the final mission "defiance" and completed it and went into the instance to fight Nim...(you know, that ridiculously ******ed fight?) and I finally killed him and it teleported me outside the instance only to say "enter and fight nim" ... so i go back inside and it's just an empty instance and you have nothing to do but leave the map.. super frustrating!

Myria
06-02-2013, 07:54 PM
So I decided to redo the campaign and got to the final mission "defiance" and completed it and went into the instance to fight Nim...(you know, that ridiculously ******ed fight?) and I finally killed him and it teleported me outside the instance only to say "enter and fight nim" ... so i go back inside and it's just an empty instance and you have nothing to do but leave the map.. super frustrating!

I killed him earlier today without any problems.

Well, other than stuff like him teleporting into columns and other such silliness.

Quests seem to bug out randomly without much warning. I had another quest today where I reached the end, a cut scene played, and before I got control of my character back she dropped dead for no apparent reason and I respawned, minus the silly death fee, a bit back. Went up to the point where the cut scene had happened and was able to just continue from there.

Weird, and a bit annoying, but stuff like that is part and parcel of the whole Defiance "experience".

Creature
06-03-2013, 03:54 AM
I killed him again today to see if it was just a bug from yesterday but nope....still didnt recieve credit for the ****. so frustrating.

MrGambel
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I killed him again today to see if it was just a bug from yesterday but nope....still didnt recieve credit for the ****. so frustrating.

Creature, I just typed this up for another player, I do not honestly want to change what I said to fit your question, but here is an easy to Fight Nim.

MrGambel
06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I'll be honest I didn't read all the comments so I do not know if you beat him yet, but I found the "easiest" way to kill, Take a Tele-spanner and a Saw. Now im not claiming a saw is the best thing ever but for what you are doing its very good for the damage and the mag size, you want the skills, Self Medicated for the 45% self revive, you want Fortitude for the extra HP if he hits you. you want Preparedness so that after you switch back to Spanner your saw reloads and you don't waste time doing that, after that you can really use any skills you like, but I used Overcharge and the skills to make it last longer and refresh faster, and I also used Pump it up so every time i reloaded the Spanner i got 15% of my Overcharge back. Also look for a respark or rebel shield so you dont have to wait long to keep having shields.

The Plan:
Go in at Nim with you Tele-Spanner at the ready, (if you can find one with a +1 to max links you are GOLDEN!) the first round is easy, run around him in circles and keep shooting him with the spanner, its not fast but you are always hurting him and you rarely get hit, combat roll when you need to inorder to dodge his ranged and charge attacks, you may go down here, but its very rare with this plan.
Round two you honest do the Exact same thing, the only difference is when he goes up top and about 16 of him spawn grab your Saw and just start running them down, if you empty your clip use Overcharge and if that runs out just go to your spanner, this round is again Very easy, but not that fastest.
The last round adds a small bit of challenge, but if you again just simply use your spanner and run around him hitting him constantly you will run him down slowly and safely, also a side note, when he goes into the core and does the mass Stalagmite attack, if you hug the wall you are almost 100% sure to not get hit by them, dont try to attack him during this, just hug the wall and stay alive, after he does the attack he spawns out and does a mass Aoe (area of effect) ranged attack, do not attack till after he has done this attack and simply do back to hitting him with your spanner.

I have used this 19 times and only died one time and that was due to a phone call, and from all 19 times I have only gone down Twice, not including my one death.

This is a safe and easy (long) way to kill Nim, it takes 15-30 minutes for his fight depending on your skill and Bmg level, also the +1 to max link really speeds up the fight.

I really hope this help, Cheers.
-Gambel

anastasia
06-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Creature, I just typed this up for another player, I do not honestly want to change what I said to fit your question, but here is an easy to Fight Nim.

Holy crap... I'm working on my 5th run through of the quest line and I thought that was a lot... you have gone through 19 times???