PDA

View Full Version : Is multiplayer really like this?

SilentBob420BMFJ
06-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Jumping, cloaking, up close weapons. Why can't I just go 1 vs 1 with somebody? I myself use cloak, but not because of pvp, just cuz that's what I use. However, the whole run up to somebody and hope your shotgun is powerful enough to take them down before they can react, WTF is that? Uncharted 2 had Situational Awareness, but my god this is bad. I wanted it to be good so bad too. I thought it was 1 or 2 players every match playing cheap, but no, it's half of everybody. Jump jump jump *some auto gun that takes no aiming skill* jump jump yay I win. Back to cloak and repeat.

Grimkillmore
06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
its sad but so true :(

Saboteur 6
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
It's just part of the learning curve in Defiance PvP. I know it's frustrating but if you keep at it you'll improve your loadouts and strategies. Stick near teammates, use Bio nades, focus on objectives and team work, etc.

SilentBob420BMFJ
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
By improve do you mean start doing what they do? Cuz I think it's cheap. I swear, we're playing GAMES yet people have no integrity whatsoever. If there were a guide on how to glitch on this forum, people would read it and use it. Why? Is this real life where you're going to get money to help support yourself? Dog eat dog world? No, it's a game, yet you can't even try to have fun and improve, you have to resort to cheap tactics. I message these people and ask them if they've given up at trying to get better since they just jump and use BMGs and such. Which BTW I didn't even know you could do that. A BMG once linked doesn't unlink and you can just jump around? Wow.

Kronik
06-03-2013, 08:53 AM
It's not cheap if you can use them.

Jumpers are funny not hard to kill used to be that jumping jacked up hit boxes but in defiance that's not the case aim where they land and they'll die.

As for refining tactics, this is true most infector users run around alone and have specific spots they like group with someone and go infector hunting, personally I hav grown quite fond of these players soooo easy to flank. Remember their goal is to get the jump on you if they don't its almost always a kill, oh yeah an afflict or and an assault rifle are great together, afflicted slows them down spawns bugs and then you can clean up from a distance or run away.

Also speed when shields re down and bio Nades are a must.

Kronik
06-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Sorry about typos my iPad has a mind of its own I swear.

Solo
06-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I cloak because its sniper related and so are the perks.

SirParadox
06-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Jumping, cloaking, up close weapons. Why can't I just go 1 vs 1 with somebody? I myself use cloak, but not because of pvp, just cuz that's what I use. However, the whole run up to somebody and hope your shotgun is powerful enough to take them down before they can react, WTF is that? Uncharted 2 had Situational Awareness, but my god this is bad. I wanted it to be good so bad too. I thought it was 1 or 2 players every match playing cheap, but no, it's half of everybody. Jump jump jump *some auto gun that takes no aiming skill* jump jump yay I win. Back to cloak and repeat.

I've never been an MMO 'PVP' fan. Just not my thing. I like playing the game, mostly solo. Separately I do like a good pvp in Battlefield style. So. Defiance PVP is kinda interesting for me.

Now I hate 'Jumpers'. It's so stupid. Other games just ban jumping but that's a knee-jerk code change. Simple things like 'If you are shot, block jumping for x seconds'. Or if you shoot your weapon, block jumping for a few seconds. However what if I am running, chasing you, and I want to jump off that building, spin around and frag you. It now limits/alloys me. So I do not have any elegant suggestions.

Whats worse then jumpers? Blur Jumpers. Get some freken skill already. How sad are you. And of course all the blur jumpers use the SMG style infector so they don't have to worry about aim.

So how about damage does twice as much damage, when the person is 'moving in the air'. lol.

Miles Morales
06-03-2013, 09:09 AM
yea observatory and water front are pretty much like this but I do pretty well maining a wolf hound and a bolt action in freight yard

ItISLupus
06-03-2013, 09:29 AM
It's just part of the learning curve in Defiance PvP. I know it's frustrating but if you keep at it you'll improve your loadouts and strategies. Stick near teammates, use Bio nades, focus on objectives and team work, etc.

NO. Its not a learning curve. Its much like the Gnasher in Gears 1. It was so powerful, and the rest of the guns were so relatively weak, nobody bothered using anything other than it. Then in Gears 2 and 3 When they started balancing them making the Lancer and Hammerburst actually viable alternatives to running a shotgun EVERYBODY started complaining.

There are very few viable options in PVP. Immunizers, shotguns, FRC Heavy Assault Carbines, and SAW's are prevalent because of how powerful and accurate they are. Cloak only exacerbates the use of shotguns With Shadowed strike. (A 30% increase on 12 pellets adds about 400 points of damage to the entire shot(Grind fragger 91 x 12). An easy fix for this would be to divide the increase among each pellet. Instead of getting a boost of [damage per pellet +30%] x number of pellets. It would be [damage per pellet + {30% / number of pellets}] x number of pellets)

Man With No Name
06-03-2013, 09:36 AM
So sick of hearing ppl crying about jumping in PvP. This is not the first game to do this. If jumping is such a problem then this game's PvP is not for you. This game has jumping in it, get over it. /Endrant.

kasaitenma
06-03-2013, 09:42 AM
By improve do you mean start doing what they do? Cuz I think it's cheap. I swear, we're playing GAMES yet people have no integrity whatsoever. If there were a guide on how to glitch on this forum, people would read it and use it. Why? Is this real life where you're going to get money to help support yourself? Dog eat dog world? No, it's a game, yet you can't even try to have fun and improve, you have to resort to cheap tactics. I message these people and ask them if they've given up at trying to get better since they just jump and use BMGs and such. Which BTW I didn't even know you could do that. A BMG once linked doesn't unlink and you can just jump around? Wow.

I agree with you. IN FY two ppl use BMG+ bunny hop on the other team and when 25-5 and 22-6. the next best person on their team was 8-10 with no one else positive in on their K\D. btw of those 11 death i had half of them. its not just the bunny hop its the un-breakable lock-on and the extra time it takes to deal with that childish BS so someone else will get u. ive never played a pvp game where bunny hopping in not looked down upon. however i think the solution could be relatively simple either jumping breaks the lock and/or person being attacked can roll and break the lock-on.

SilentBob420BMFJ
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I feel like Trion isn't very hands on. I haven't seen them post on here (do they?) and I just feel like this game isn't going to change much. It doesn't feel like a real MMO, and the cheap tactics are here to stay I think. I just have never played a shooter where there are several cheap tactics, not just a couple. I'm NOT A GOOD PLAYER, yet I want to 1 vs 1 you with my SAW or XAR22. How sad is that that I'm an average player and I want 1 vs 1? Usually it's the really godly players who are saying people are cheap. It's like of course you want 1 vs 1 you're so good at it. But I'm not, yet I want to play like that. I don't get satisfaction from shotgunning, I fee like a ***** *** noob. Jumping and BMGs is just wow to me, it's really sad.

I think maybe I'll stick to Uncharted 2 if I want a real PVP shooter. And wow I thought Situation Awareness was bad, I had no idea.

Aenea Endymion
06-03-2013, 11:48 AM

tbh I don't consider it as a good pvp game (thanks to the same uniforms for everybody, pvp that sucks a lot, no balance at all (ex pistols are totally useless, worse in dmg than sniper rifles and short range, poor dps), no goal like capturing an "outpost", no free pvp zones with extra rewards that would create stress times, no real factions for players that would permit to have conflict between players from them).

just a good pve game, that's all.... and I like this part

ironcladtrash
06-03-2013, 12:29 PM
I really think they should do something with the bunny hopping. I hate PVP and admittedly suck at it and the hopping makes it worse. I only do PVP for the Contracts and pursuits. I used to play Halo with my friends then they all switched to COD with the the jumping being a big reason why. Jumping in COD is realistic and not 20 feet in the air.

I think if it was more like PVE it would better. Could you imagine fighting a Black Lung that was bouncing around like an idiot?

conquererspledge
06-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm sick of the people in pvp. Omg I r so leet. My 50 million to 1 kdr nets me all I wanted in life. More sad than anything when you need to boost your self esteem with virtual accomplishments.

SilentBob420BMFJ
06-04-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm sick of the people in pvp. Omg I r so leet. My 50 million to 1 kdr nets me all I wanted in life. More sad than anything when you need to boost your self esteem with virtual accomplishments.

So long as they did these accomplishments with let's say an assault rifle and just face to face with people, I actually applaud their bragging, if they are. I'd brag too if I was good and not cheap. But sadly probably half of the top players in every match were cheap as hell. I even feel cheap using cloak, but I feel like it's ncessary, also I use it in PVE and that's my build.

A s0t
06-04-2013, 10:35 PM
i lol at the tea baggers. you think your playing a good game??? pve is great but pvp is a ****ing joke

Schmiznurf
06-04-2013, 10:40 PM
I refer to them as Bunny Hopping Bi*ches

jbob spittlewop
06-04-2013, 10:41 PM
I have suggested this before, implementing a stamina or fatigue stat for pvp that would limit dymanic movements such as jumping rolling etc.

Wtflag
06-04-2013, 10:47 PM
While everyone keeps saying shotguns are overpowered ... I had people like Arked wipe the floor with me using SMGs and the occasion people who headshot me with snipers in FT. So it isn't just infectors and shotguns only.

Truth is, some weapon will always be slightly better than others, but the difference is a lot smaller than what some people make it out to be.

A s0t
06-04-2013, 10:48 PM
I have suggested this before, implementing a stamina or fatigue stat for pvp that would limit dymanic movements such as jumping rolling etc.

stamina bars in games suck: dead island 1 and 2, dragon dogma
there should be an adrenaline bar: holy **** there's ****ing zombies every where run

jbob spittlewop
06-04-2013, 10:56 PM
stamina bars in games suck: dead island 1 and 2, dragon dogma
there should be an adrenaline bar: holy **** there's ****ing zombies every where run

I mean only for pvp, so there can be... Oh I dunno some sort of strategy and not just the invisible, mindless, jumping monotony...

Uvirith
06-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Well, Shooterplayers are incredibly competitive, more than all rts and mmo-players combined. Every glitch, every exploit will be used. Only the most successfull tactics/weapons/campspots will be used as long as they are there, even if it means staying at one place jumping every 1,224 seconds and shooting the same weapon on the same time over and over and over and over again.
thats the world of online-shooters.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Well, Shooterplayers are incredibly competitive, more than all rts and mmo-players combined. Every glitch, every exploit will be used. Only the most successfull tactics/weapons/campspots will be used as long as they are there, even if it means staying at one place jumping every 1,224 seconds and shooting the same weapon on the same time over and over and over and over again.
thats the world of online-shooters.

So what you're saying is, they are morons.

uninhabitableheart
06-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Oh my lord... misclick. It's 3:32am and I just deleted the tl;dr to end all tl;drs.

I guess I'll try to sum it up. The guy who mentioned shooter players being competitive - BINGO

The person who said they are morons - look up "irony"

I'd bet my left nut that all the "no skill" people you see at the top of the score boards have excelled at every single FPS and TPS they have put their mind to.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Oh my lord... misclick. It's 3:32am and I just deleted the tl;dr to end all tl;drs.

I guess I'll try to sum it up. The guy who mentioned shooter players being competitive - BINGO

I'd bet my left nut that all the "no skill" people you see at the top of the score boards have excelled at every single FPS and TPS they have put their mind to.

You hit the nail on the head man it takes some seriously meticulous planning and skill to be invisible and oneshot people with guns that require no accuracy.

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 01:17 AM
You hit the nail on the head man it takes some seriously meticulous planning and skill to be invisible and oneshot people with guns that require no accuracy.

Well if everyone has access to the same equipment and ability, it takes skills to come out on top wouldn't it?

uninhabitableheart
06-06-2013, 01:20 AM

You're missing the point entirely. Those that are doing well in this game have done well in every game. People that want to WIN don't gripe about the area between Point A and Point B - they just get there.

uninhabitableheart
06-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Well if everyone has access to the same equipment and ability, it takes skills to come out on top wouldn't it?

He wouldn't like to address that. He'd rather say he "could" or "would" but he's got too much integrity or some other bull ****. It's a game. PvP is a competition. You don't show up to a basketball game with a baseball bat and ***** that you can't use the bat to get the ball in the ****ing hoop, do you Jbop?

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 01:24 AM

Not when everyone knows its cheap. Some people, like myself, choose not to play the way that seems to be the norm because it's cheap and it's just going to make people angry. It's obvious something needs to be tweaked to remedy the situation, but I'm doubtful it will ever happen.

uninhabitableheart
06-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Not when everyone knows its cheap. Some people, like myself, choose not to play the way that seems to be the norm because it's cheap and it's just going to make people angry. It's obvious something needs to be tweaked to remedy the situation, but I'm doubtful it will ever happen.

In my tl;dr post that I accidentally deleted, I touched on the fact that going into the PvP, I didn't know what to expect, this dates back to the beta. During the beta everyone eventually got a blue fireball of death SMG. You know what I did, along with many others? We got one too and adapted. We didn't say, "Oh that's cheap I quit". We wanted to win, we knew it was basically get on board or don't expect to do well, and so most of us got on board. We didn't always use them, but most of us regulars in FY and Observatory had one.

So here's the thing, I don't give a damn if they tweak things, because I'll still enjoy COMPETING against other players. I don't always win, and I can usually laugh it off over the mic with an irl friend when we're getting stomped by a clearly better team - regardless of what EGO Powers or weapons they have selected. After they tweak things, though, the people that have ADAPTED and thus shown an inclination to being better at something called "survival of the fittest" will probably adapt to the tweaks and still out perform the vast majority of the whiners.

uninhabitableheart
06-06-2013, 01:37 AM
The only other thing I'll add is this:

If you limit your declarations to "I don't like the style of PvP that I've encountered in Defiance" - I can understand and respect that.

I only take issue with those that choose to tack on extra fallacies like "everyone using a BMG (or other weapon I don't like) and jumping has no skill". Leave those out of it, and you're golden.

Nyymi
06-06-2013, 01:39 AM
I dont see how B-hopping can be a that problematic as that kind of movement was key feature in games like Quake and CS, it increases need for proper gun control and aim while jumping/moving or hitting targets that are doing so. Tho i understand how things like cloak and infectors could ruin it, specially that aim-bot gun as cloak can still be countered with proper perks and movement.

Havent done a single pvp match yet as i still need atleast few perks unlocked for dream build, so im saving that fun for the last thing to do in Defiance.

And the loadout i plan to use includes SMG's Snipers and propably Pistol's instead normal FotM weapons, and for EGO powers Decoy with Sensor sweep sound good for offence and defence.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 01:41 AM
In my tl;dr post that I accidentally deleted, I touched on the fact that going into the PvP, I didn't know what to expect, this dates back to the beta. During the beta everyone eventually got a blue fireball of death SMG. You know what I did, along with many others? We got one too and adapted. We didn't say, "Oh that's cheap I quit". We wanted to win, we knew it was basically get on board or don't expect to do well, and so most of us got on board. We didn't always use them, but most of us regulars in FY and Observatory had one.

So here's the thing, I don't give a damn if they tweak things, because I'll still enjoy COMPETING against other players. I don't always win, and I can usually laugh it off over the mic with an irl friend when we're getting stomped by a clearly better team - regardless of what EGO Powers or weapons they have selected. After they tweak things, though, the people that have ADAPTED and thus shown an inclination to being better at something called "survival of the fittest" will probably adapt to the tweaks and still out perform the vast majority of the whiners.

Oh I'm sorry, I must have given the impression that I suck at pvp because I was pointing out an obvious imbalance that needs to be addressed. I do just fine, not that it even really matters when You can sit at the spawn and do donuts in a runner the whole match and get the same reward. But that's a whole different thing, what I'm talking about is how every player is using the same thing. At first it was ok, a few guys with cloak, spotty and an injector running around nbd. But now, it's gotten to the point where every player is doing the exact same thing. So by your logic, does every player have the same adaptable skills? If not and yet they continue to do the same thing, then it is a clear sign of an imbalance.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 01:41 AM

Oh I'm sorry, I must have given the impression that I suck at pvp because I was pointing out an obvious imbalance that needs to be addressed. I do just fine, not that it even really matters when You can sit at the spawn and do donuts in a runner the whole match and get the same reward. But that's a whole different thing, what I'm talking about is how every player is using the same thing. At first it was ok, a few guys with cloak, spotty and an injector running around nbd. But now, it's gotten to the point where every player is doing the exact same thing. So by your logic, does every player have the same adaptable skills? If not and yet they continue to do the same thing, then it is a clear sign of an imbalance.

fang1192
06-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Using the same weapon/tactic =/= adapting.

A s0t
06-06-2013, 01:44 AM
to bad the forums don't have petitions. only use ar or smg and no powers

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 01:46 AM
I dont see how B-hopping can be a that problematic as that kind of movement was key feature in games like Quake and CS, it increases need for proper gun control and aim while jumping/moving or hitting targets that are doing so. Tho i understand how things like cloak and infectors could ruin it, specially that aim-bot gun as cloak can still be countered with proper perks and movement.

Havent done a single pvp match yet as i still need atleast few perks unlocked for dream build, so im saving that fun for the last thing to do in Defiance.

And the loadout i plan to use includes SMG's Snipers and propably Pistol's instead normal FotM weapons, and for EGO powers Decoy with Sensor sweep sound good for offence and defence.

Decoy is probably my favorite ego power, maybe tied with blur. It's awesome for pvp and pve, and it's funny when cloakers suddenly get uncloaked in the most obvious places.

AmnesiaHaze
06-06-2013, 01:55 AM
yes it is , playing that game mode is a chore, i only play it to get my ego evolution and other pursuits , looking forward to the day i complete them so i never have to return again

Sdric
06-06-2013, 02:29 AM
It would be much less frustrating if your senesity wouldnt go down to 0 when you aim down sight. (PC mouse)
Fixing it might actually help to play against bunny hopping shotgunners &co.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Something as simple as, activative ego power shows you on radar just like firing a weapon would go a long way towards balancing things.

Nyymi
06-06-2013, 02:45 AM
It would be much less frustrating if your senesity wouldnt go down to 0 when you aim down sight. (PC mouse)
Fixing it might actually help to play against bunny hopping shotgunners &co.

Yeah and this is one reason why i swapped AR's to VOT SMG's as those dont need ADS and works best with the Gunslinger perk. Also when you rankup SMG's they get free 5% crit multiplier and 5% Nano effect trigger, just wondering what juicy there are for those at maxlvl.

Nerotic
06-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Honestly the jumping like a crack head bunny makes it easier for me to kill you... not much control of your movement once you jump = predictable movement = boom easy headshot ... and you looked silly as hell while I get to pretend to be awsome

Ensu
06-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Vot SMGs and Vot Blast Rifle (assault rifle) are an effective counter to shotgun stealthers. Particularly the Blast Rifle since you can goose them out of stealth with a few wild bursts. Focus on defensive perks rather than offensive ones, and pack overcharge or blur if you don't want to stealth.

BrassRazoo
06-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Any PvP where the "top" players mostly hip fire just means it is a crap implementation of PvP.
There is seriously something wrong when most players don't actually have to aim their guns properly.
Aimless PvP like this you just run / hide and pop out behind someone and hip fire.
It was my understating you had to aim guns, not point them in the general direction of the enemy and fire.
Simple game, simple PvP.

Also, two maps for PvP deathmatch, are you serious?
It just goes to show that this was tacked on at the last minute.

Myria
06-06-2013, 03:49 AM
It just goes to show that this [PvP] was tacked on at the last minute.

With very few exceptions, that's the very definition of MMO PvP.

The only thing I find more confusing than why MMO devs keep shoehorning in poor PvP -- you can have good PvP or good PvE, but not both, they have too many mutually exclusive design goals -- is why people keep expecting MMO PvP to be anything but a sad joke.

Chasing the PvP market in a game like this is, frankly, lunacy. There are so many better shooter options for PvP that changing the game around continuously in an attempt to do the impossible -- satisfy PvPers -- simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Which, given how things have gone so far with Defiance, likely means a lot more PvP "balance" nerfs incoming.

Because that has worked out so well so far...

B_Draco
06-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Any PvP where the "top" players mostly hip fire just means it is a crap implementation of PvP.
There is seriously something wrong when most players don't actually have to aim their guns properly.
Aimless PvP like this you just run / hide and pop out behind someone and hip fire.
It was my understating you had to aim guns, not point them in the general direction of the enemy and fire.
Simple game, simple PvP.

Agreed, I myself wanna use my ARs, VOT lobbers, or generally any gun I can outaim with vs an opponent. Sadly though I have to use my immunizer, derailer and detonator because every other person pulls infector, big boomer detonators and various other easy hip aim weapon kills that'll make my guns look like nerf guns... I mostly use decoy skill with sensor sweep and various other defensive perks, just so I can force out cloakers and teleport behind 'em or evade 'em, better than cloak IMO.

As for BMG hoppers, use a good rocket launcher or detonator and wait for 'em to touch the ground to blow their jumpy legs off, or send 'em running for self healing. I for the hell of it crouch up-n-down on BMG users when I kill 'em, just to get 'em to keep trying to get me with a BMG.

Otherwise the only person that rivals me is a female Irath(or human I forgot) user called Obnautikus or something.

BrassRazoo
06-06-2013, 04:01 AM
With very few exceptions, that's the very definition of MMO PvP.

The only thing I find more confusing than why MMO devs keep shoehorning in poor PvP -- you can have good PvP or good PvE, but not both, they have too many mutually exclusive design goals -- is why people keep expecting MMO PvP to be anything but a sad joke.

Chasing the PvP market in a game like this is, frankly, lunacy. There are so many better shooter options for PvP that changing the game around continuously in an attempt to do the impossible -- satisfy PvPers -- simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Which, given how things have gone so far with Defiance, likely means a lot more PvP "balance" nerfs incoming.

Because that has worked out so well so far...

Exactly.

PvP in this game is just rather lame, and as you say, why even bother.
There are so many better games exclusively made for PvP / Multiplayer which are made much, much better than this.
Arena 1 v 1 and Clan v Clan type sieges, then yeah maybe, but standard TDM, no thanks.

Focus on PvE content and community.
Balancing Perks and Weapons for the PvP minority is a crazy decision that will bite them in the arse big time if it goes too far.
I would assume being advertised as an MMO / Shooter people bought the game for Story and PvE not for some tacked on TDM antics.

B_Draco
06-06-2013, 04:05 AM
Exactly.

PvP in this game is just rather lame, and as you say, why even bother.
There are so many better games exclusively made for PvP / Multiplayer which are made much, much better than this.
Arena 1 v 1 and Clan v Clan type sieges, then yeah maybe, but standard TDM, no thanks.

Focus on PvE content and community.
Balancing Perks and Weapons for the PvP minority is a crazy decision that will bite them in the arse big time if it goes too far.
I would assume being advertised as an MMO / Shooter people bought the game for Story and PvE not for some tacked on TDM antics.

Yeah, I saw Defiance advertised for "Massive Online Co-op", not "Massive Online PvP". Basically what this guy said, focus on PvE, *OO-LA-LA* PvP. God now I wanna get my 25 turret kills in Cap 'n Hold... Then I'm officially done with everything related to PvP...

FTF RoGuE
06-06-2013, 04:23 AM
MAG fixed bunny hopping by delaying the use of jump for a second. Seems simple enough really. It didn't stop it completely but it did make the jumping about less comical.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Integrity is not part of human nature

Finish the Fight
06-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Every pvp game has a ‘cheap’ weapon or two and most people use them. Cloak/CQC is nothing new ether.

TheLastDon
06-06-2013, 07:20 AM

I'd suggest using the perk where it de-cloaks the opposing player if you don't prefer cloaked people coming up behind you and blasting you. Also, I NEVER use a shotgun in PVP and I get MVP a lot. I never go negative in K/D. It's really more about knowing where guys will spawn and positioning yourself to make sure they won't come up from behind you. Also, stick with your team mates. This lessens the chance you're the target and also increases the chance they will die before they can kill you because you'll have more than one gun on them.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I'd suggest using the perk where it de-cloaks the opposing player if you don't prefer cloaked people coming up behind you and blasting you. Also, I NEVER use a shotgun in PVP and I get MVP a lot. I never go negative in K/D. It's really more about knowing where guys will spawn and positioning yourself to make sure they won't come up from behind you. Also, stick with your team mates. This lessens the chance you're the target and also increases the chance they will die before they can kill you because you'll have more than one gun on them.

The problem with sensor sweep is there's no way to tell if they might be near by, unless you get the drop on them and force them into cloak they will always get the drop on you first with a quick shotty kill. If the radar noted ego useage it would at least somewhat balance the scales.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM
opinion. what is the most effective in COD? hip fire and quick scope...

properly is again an opinion. you have to aim just as much hip firing as you do ADS, it just takes less time and doesn't zoom.

lol comparison to RL. how do you shoot an infector in real life? or a syphon courier? :rolleyes:

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 07:43 AM
lol comparison to RL. how do you shoot an infector in real life? or a syphon courier? :rolleyes:

It would probably require some degree of aiming and perhaps the squeezing of a trigger mechanism...

Gratty
06-06-2013, 07:44 AM
opinion. what is the most effective in COD? hip fire and quick scope...
People will argue that CoD is a horrible game, but Halo people generally hipfire as well. There are other games...

His comparison to RL doesn't make this specific complaint any less legitimate. It is a horrible argument to try and make when referring to a game, but the immunizer being as powerful as it is and not requiring aim is a serious PvP issue IMO. Especially when people find the need to combat the immunizer with their own immunizer. 213123 bugs on the ground gets a bit ridiculous (exaggerated number but it gets my point across)

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 07:54 AM
His comparison to RL doesn't make this specific complaint any less legitimate. It is a horrible argument to try and make when referring to a game, but the immunizer being as powerful as it is and not requiring aim is a serious PvP issue IMO. Especially when people find the need to combat the immunizer with their own immunizer. 213123 bugs on the ground gets a bit ridiculous (exaggerated number but it gets my point across)

it's not as bad on PC, but i do agree the immunizer needs to be fixed.

people who whine about pvp are just irritating to me. they don't realize that once infectors, explosives, SAW/pulsers, etc. are nerfed they will just cry about the next gun that kills them. it's so frustrating.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 07:57 AM

people who whine about pvp are just irritating to me. they don't realize that once infectors, explosives, SAW/pulsers, etc. are nerfed they will just cry about the next gun that kills them. it's so frustrating.

I've said the same thing, and it is always true. The next weapon that people will cry about will most likely be the saw or detonators. I can't wait for that flood. My only issues are with the imbalance in EGO powers and the range on the Immunizer. Reasonable issues if I do say so myself.

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 08:02 AM

This is my opinion but I'm sure other will agree. People want to use the play types they prefer and not be forced to use a specific load out simply because it's what every other player uses and it can't be effectively combated by anything else due to it being op.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I've said the same thing, and it is always true. The next weapon that people will cry about will most likely be the saw or detonators. I can't wait for that flood. My only issues are with the imbalance in EGO powers and the range on the Immunizer. Reasonable issues if I do say so myself.

yeah if immunizer range was 20m + mastery it would be fine. and they really need to fix the burst mod bug, assuming it actually is a bug >.>

EGO powers is tough because they would need to adjust them without negatively effecting pve. adding a shimmer to cloak that doesn't effect it in pve and a little buff to decoy would be good enough for me.

SensaiDoom
06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Just wait until you come across the infector user, with a BMG as backup, who uses all defensive perks and the highest shield possible, whilst bunny hopping like a pro.

It is super effective, try it :)

Gratty
06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
yeah if immunizer range was 20m + mastery it would be fine. and they really need to fix the burst mod bug, assuming it actually is a bug >.>

I agree 100% with the range reduction. About the burst mod, they will most likely change the definition of the mod. Replacing burst +1 with fully automatic or something of the like. It is the lazy fix, and we all know the Defiance team loves lazy.

EGO powers is tough because they would need to adjust them without negatively effecting pve. adding a shimmer to cloak that doesn't effect it in pve and a little buff to decoy would be good enough for me.

Those 2 things would be fine with me as well

Intense
06-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Just wait until you come across the infector user, with a BMG as backup, who uses all defensive perks and the highest shield possible, whilst bunny hopping like a pro.

It is super effective, try it :)

IMO PvP is still in the early stages. I'm seeing so many different combo's now as people venture out of their comfort zones and try something different. From the above setup to tachmags/blur, detenators/blur , LMG/Overcharge, Snipers/cloak all effective. To only cry about shotgun/cloak is ignorant because so many setups counter it. I think most of the people complaining expect to do good without practice and putting time into it or not accepting the fact that there is someone better then them.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 08:33 AM
I think most of the people complaining expect to do good without practice and putting time into it or not accepting the fact that there is someone better then them.

couldn't agree more

jbob spittlewop
06-06-2013, 08:36 AM
There was never an issue with weapons being op, it's only cloak. Cloak is the single most game breaking thing right now. Whenever you have an invisibility option in a game it has to have some sort of tell. Either by still appearing on radar or a slight shimmer maybe. As it stands the only "counter" to it is sensor sweep and the hopes that maybe someone is cloaked near you.

Enundr
06-06-2013, 08:39 AM
While everyone keeps saying shotguns are overpowered ... I had people like Arked wipe the floor with me using SMGs and the occasion people who headshot me with snipers in FT. So it isn't just infectors and shotguns only.

Truth is, some weapon will always be slightly better than others, but the difference is a lot smaller than what some people make it out to be.

no the difference? THE REAL DIFF between someone running around Cloak and Shotgun vs someone getting a headshot on you is the headshot from a sniper will actually require more skill and aim , more so if its a moving target , where as shotguns just come up and lol hi your dead. shotguns are more commonly used and WAY more annoying since cloak supports them so so badly. imo disable ego powers in pvp , see if the shotgunners wanna keep using shotguns.

Enundr
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
There was never an issue with weapons being op, it's only cloak. Cloak is the single most game breaking thing right now. Whenever you have an invisibility option in a game it has to have some sort of tell. Either by still appearing on radar or a slight shimmer maybe. As it stands the only "counter" to it is sensor sweep and the hopes that maybe someone is cloaked near you.
lol near you , by that time your getting mowed over by the shotgun spam. XD

Enundr
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
IMO PvP is still in the early stages. I'm seeing so many different combo's now as people venture out of their comfort zones and try something different. From the above setup to tachmags/blur, detenators/blur , LMG/Overcharge, Snipers/cloak all effective. To only cry about shotgun/cloak is ignorant because so many setups counter it. I think most of the people complaining expect to do good without practice and putting time into it or not accepting the fact that there is someone better then them.
can i join some of your matches? majority of enemy teams are shot gunners / cloak that i run into XD , some occassional LMG users but theyre on a fair ground there atleast , (and no i dont run around with shot gun , i sniper and cloak , or go assault rifle =P)

Enundr
06-06-2013, 08:43 AM
I agree 100% with the range reduction. About the burst mod, they will most likely change the definition of the mod. Replacing burst +1 with fully automatic or something of the like. It is the lazy fix, and we all know the Defiance team loves lazy.

Those 2 things would be fine with me as well

then it would be an invader =P lol

Enundr
06-06-2013, 08:45 AM

what they can do without screwing ego powers in pve? disable them in pvp other then the passive perks that dont particularly require the ego skill itself.

Enundr
06-06-2013, 08:50 AM

oddly enough immunizers still arent a pain to me , just got done with a match with one shooting at me and his friend coming at me with an SMG , mowed down the one , died to the SMG while leaving him hurting enough for a team mate to mow him down in a flash (used a SAW btw , still no shot guns). Shotgun + Cloak combo is annoying , i suggest removing ego powers in pvp and the requirement for any pursuits that need them as well , im sure you can find another random objective to replace that with =P

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 08:58 AM
oddly enough immunizers still arent a pain to me , just got done with a match with one shooting at me and his friend coming at me with an SMG , mowed down the one , died to the SMG while leaving him hurting enough for a team mate to mow him down in a flash (used a SAW btw , still no shot guns). Shotgun + Cloak combo is annoying , i suggest removing ego powers in pvp and the requirement for any pursuits that need them as well , im sure you can find another random objective to replace that with =P

do you play pc? it seems like, for the most part, the immunizer/shotgun/detonator overuse problem occurs on the consoles due to having to aim with a controller. i don't really find immunizers that bad either, but i see the problem is there.

removing ego power from pvp will just make the imbalance swing in a different direction, it wouldn't fix anything. not to mention it would make the pvp so much more bland/generic.

Enundr
06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
do you play pc? it seems like, for the most part, the immunizer/shotgun/detonator overuse problem occurs on the consoles due to having to aim with a controller. i don't really find immunizers that bad either, but i see the problem is there.

removing ego power from pvp will just make the imbalance swing in a different direction, it wouldn't fix anything. not to mention it would make the pvp so much more bland/generic.

nope im on xbox. i get a few immunizers , theyre annoying but you can kil lthem , and you can kill the bugs if your quick enough , or happen to lob a grenade / explosive at them. it actually works then all you have the deal with is the infection dot. and as far as imbalance , it would make shotgunners think twice , plenty of ambush points to pull a shotgun out at / CQC areas in pvp (shadow wars not so much) it would remove the one thing thats making shot guns so ridiculous without screwing the gun over in pve or screwing the ego power in pve as well.

Intense
06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
can i join some of your matches? majority of enemy teams are shot gunners / cloak that i run into XD , some occassional LMG users but theyre on a fair ground there atleast , (and no i dont run around with shot gun , i sniper and cloak , or go assault rifle =P)

Sure! I queue in the evenings. The matches I'm in, the top person on both sides is usually NOT someone with a cloak/shotgun by a pretty large margin.

Enundr
06-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Sure! I queue in the evenings. The matches I'm in, the top person on both sides is usually NOT someone with a cloak/shotgun by a pretty large margin.

i look forward to that =P

Intense
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
i look forward to that =P

Looks like you're on xbox :(. I'm on PC.

Enundr
06-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Looks like you're on xbox :(. I'm on PC.

</cry> doh!

Gratty
06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
then it would be an invader =P lol

And your point is? :P

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Maybe with Infectors the more you move and jump around the less accurate they become??

So if you are standing still and shooting it will home in on its target like normal. But if you are bunny hop strafing then the gun should shoot in all compass directions and not be able to hit anything.

Hope499
06-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Maybe with Infectors the more you move and jump around the less accurate they become??

So if you are standing still and shooting it will home in on its target like normal. But if you are bunny hop strafing then the gun should shoot in all compass directions and not be able to hit anything.

That's not a terrible idea actually. Infectors ARE a bit out of hand, but meh.

I don't want any more nerfs....there are ways around almost every tatic in this game, just gotta play around

Solo
06-06-2013, 11:14 AM
The infectors are one of the cheapest weapon for pvp. The gun does its own damage and if that doesn't kill you the bugs will. You have a 50/50 chance of surviving depending on how fast you move and its Bull ****!

Lmfao Every person in pvp are using it. One minute shotguns were the flavor now its Infectors. Whats next? I'm about done for a while let this game catch dust and come back after 2months.

Hope499
06-06-2013, 11:15 AM
The infectors are one of the cheapest weapon for pvp. The gun does its own damage and if that doesn't kill you the bugs will. You have a 50/50 chance of surviving depending on how fast you move and its Bull ****!

Lmfao Every person in pvp are using it. One minute shotguns were the flavor now its Infectors. Whats next?

Wait until they nerf infectors of course, then we will see!

Finish the Fight
06-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Wait until they nerf infectors of course, then we will see!

Exactly. They’ll nerf infectors for the sake of pvp and people will just move to the next ‘cheap’ gun. The cycle continues.

Kiserai
06-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Interesting. I see several people who failed to develop an efficient counter to a power/weapon/etc blaming the build and ignoring the comments of people who can counter it, while still proclaiming themselves skilled PvPers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

In my humble opinion, Sensor Sweep should tick each second for the duration of Decoy and Immunizers should have a narrower homing angle than other infectors. I honestly haven't seen anything too bad beyond those two things, and those are fairly minor tweaks.

Intense
06-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Those of you complaining about PvP (cloaks etc). Mind taking a screen shot of your Climbing the Ranks of Echelon IV Pursuit? Would like to see how much time you have PvP'd (if less than 50 hours)

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Exactly. They’ll nerf infectors for the sake of pvp and people will just move to the next ‘cheap’ gun. The cycle continues.

If they give the proper fix to cloak along with the infector then everything will be solid. And the distance game will change.

We could actually have firefights :eek:

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
If they give the proper fix to cloak along with the infector then everything will be solid. And the distance game will change.

We could actually have firefights :eek:

have you never played a pvp game before or are you just ignorant?

if and when they nerf infectors people will just complain about something else. likely the SAW or VOT tachmag/regular pulsers.

nerfing weapons does not fix pvp. it just shifts the meta in a different direction. i really can't figure out what is so hard to understand about that.

Firetalion
06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Is multiplayer really like this?

This ain't your average fish game. [google COD for reference]

Besides, I don't obsess over multiplayer, so I don't mind it so much. It's fun to play for an hour or two once in a while to get your REP or whatever. I consider this PvP more fair than most. I don't live to grind MP endlessly, just to get a better skill level and weapon, just to go back and win at grinding endlessly.

Had to quit playing 'Max Payne 3' multiplayer due to that type of play.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Those of you complaining about PvP (cloaks etc). Mind taking a screen shot of your Climbing the Ranks of Echelon IV Pursuit? Would like to see how much time you have PvP'd (if less than 50 hours)

Whats this have to do with anything?

Intense
06-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Whats this have to do with anything?

If someone Q's up for pvp for the first time then comes in complaining after going 1-9 then its obvious that they want the game made easy mode for them without putting in time to get better. Since you didnt know, it shows how many hours played in PvP if its under 50hrs.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 12:58 PM
If someone Q's up for pvp for the first time then comes in complaining after going 1-9 then its obvious that they want the game made easy mode for them without putting in time to get better. Since you didnt know, it shows how many hours played in PvP if its under 50hrs.

I have all the Echelon pursuits done along with 500 cloak kills and level 10 with infectors. So when Im saying for myself these things are OP I know from experience from both ends of the spectrum.

Ppl are not talking out their ***'s when saying Cloak and infectors are Over Powered. Just look at the way they work. And look of how many ppl use'em. Its obvious.

Intense
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Ppl are not talking out their ***'s when saying Cloak and infectors are Over Powered. Just look at the way they work. And look of how many ppl use'em. Its obvious.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I however disagree.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I however disagree.

lol I guess you don't play PvP then. If you did then you would undoubtedly see that these things are the most abused and used. Not only that there are countless threads pointing this fact out. I guess everyone is far off on this silly theory.

Finish the Fight
06-06-2013, 01:20 PM
lol I guess you don't play PvP then. If you did then you would undoubtedly see that these things are the most abused and used. Not only that there are countless threads pointing this fact out. I guess everyone is far off on this silly theory.

I also disagree and I DO play pvp. Just because something is used frequently doesn’t mean is OP…it means it’s easy to use. As far as other threads about this subject…there are threads about people being on meds and not paying attention that bought Lockboxes with bits by mistake and they still rage at Trion for their own said mistake..so yea..

Intense
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Child mentality, I disagree so I must not PvP. I do PvP. However I can also accept the fact that other people are better than me. I dont come to the boards screaming that XXX is OP. I dont care if I'm at the top of the leaderboard or the bottom. I have fun competing against others. Most of the time when I die its because I did something stupid or they aim'd and fired faster than me big deal.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM

I will see your 50 hours and raise you 39423 pics of me in the top 3 on FY

Intense
06-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I will see your 50 hours and raise you 39423 pics of me in the top 3 on FY

So if you are at the top of these matches then whats the issue?

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 01:41 PM
there are threads about people being on meds and not paying attention that bought Lockboxes with bits by mistake and they still rage at Trion for their own said mistake..so yea..

And of you read that thread ppl overwhelming agree on how bit purchases being in the lock boxes is pretty lame and should be secluded to the store only so mistakes like that don't happen.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 01:42 PM
So if you are at the top of these matches then whats the issue?

Well running into 5 people all using immunizers and focusing fire on you is a rather large nuisance. There is no legitimate reasoning as to why it would be okay for that to happen. it happens to me quite often. I honestly got over how ridiculous the cloak is in this game. It got to the point where I love hunting for those damned cloakers, and they all get a nice t-bag when I am done with them. It is how I vent my anger.

Intense
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Well running into 5 people all using immunizers and focusing fire on you is a rather large nuisance. There is no legitimate reasoning as to why it would be okay for that to happen. it happens to me quite often. I honestly got over how ridiculous the cloak is in this game. It got to the point where I love hunting for those damned cloakers, and they all get a nice t-bag when I am done with them. It is how I vent my anger.

Still dont see the issue if you are still in top three. You did better than everyone else except 2 people. 5 People focus firing on your with xxx there is very little chance for survival...

Gratty
06-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Still dont see the issue if you are still in top three. You did better than everyone else except 2 people. 5 People focus firing on your with xxx there is very little chance for survival...

Try playing on consoles and you will experience my pain. Once you do so and you fail to experience what I have, then I will forever drop my argument.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Child mentality, I disagree so I must not PvP. I do PvP. However I can also accept the fact that other people are better than me. I dont come to the boards screaming that XXX is OP. I dont care if I'm at the top of the leaderboard or the bottom. I have fun competing against others. Most of the time when I die its because I did something stupid or they aim'd and fired faster than me big deal.

I point these things out for the sake of balance and better gameplay. What we have now is a few select things being used that out do and over shadow everything else. And that's a shame because the game has a lot more to offer then that but never gets the chance because these things are op'd and everyone uses them the moment they can.

Intense
06-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Try playing on consoles and you will experience my pain. Once you do so and you fail to experience what I have, then I will forever drop my argument.

The fact you are getting top 3 proves that other setups are very much viable...

Gratty
06-06-2013, 01:55 PM
The fact you are getting top 3 proves that other setups are very much viable...

Once again, play on my platform for a good period of time and see if you can experience my frustration. It is to my understanding that PC players do not share the same experience as the console players. I do not know, since I am not a console player. Different platforms = potentially different issues.

My consistency does not affect my issue with a specific weapon.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 01:56 PM
And if I remember this game is supposed to be skilled based an not determined by rolls or how buff your character might be.

Skill with the infector or cloak is non-existent. No tactics or thinking needed. And to top it off everyone is using these things. So with that we have sloppy PvP gameplay.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 01:58 PM
I point these things out for the sake of balance and better gameplay. What we have now is a few select things being used that out do and over shadow everything else. And that's a shame because the game has a lot more to offer then that but never gets the chance because these things are op'd and everyone uses them the moment they can.

again, have you ever played any pvp in other games? there will always be a few guns/loadouts that are stronger than everything else. unless you remove every single variable.

how many times must this be said before it sinks in....

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
again, have you ever played any pvp in other games? there will always be a few guns/loadouts that are stronger than everything else. unless you remove every single variable.

how many times must this be said before it sinks in....

Yeah I have played other games. But now Im playing Defiance. And I want it to be a happy place for all! :D:):o;):p

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
And if I remember this game is supposed to be skilled based an not determined by rolls or how buff your character might be.

Skill with the infector or cloak is non-existent. No tactics or thinking needed. And to top it off everyone is using these things. So with that we have sloppy PvP gameplay.

the game is skill based, any half-wit can see that. if it wasn't the people at the top of leaderboards wouldn't do so consistently.

better yet, if it's not skill based, go ahead and take a screenshot of you going 40+ kills 0 deaths in freight yard.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 02:01 PM
the game is skill based, any half-wit can see that. if it wasn't the people at the top of leaderboards wouldn't do so consistently.

better yet, if it's not skill based, go ahead and take a screenshot of you going 40+ kills 0 deaths in freight yard.

Cloak and Infectors are not skilled based.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Cloak and Infectors are not skilled based.

again, not true. some people use infectors or cloak significantly better than other people.

how is that even remotely difficult to see? or am i getting trolled...

Intense
06-06-2013, 02:12 PM
again, not true. some people use infectors or cloak significantly better than other people.

how is that even remotely difficult to see? or am i getting trolled...

I think we are getting trolled LOL

jopa
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Q effing Q

its not a lack of integrity that causes someone to fashion their playstyle in a way that provides the most amount of kills/captures/destroys... its intelligence.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Having a gun with AIM BOT like auto aim and walking up to ppl while invisible and blasting them takes skill?

No.

Ppl who seem to be better at using these things don't have skill as much as they do patience to wait and shoot others in the back or to snag kills wounded by other teammates.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Having a gun with AIM BOT like auto aim and walking up to ppl while invisible and blasting them takes skill?

i've finally figured it out!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 02:38 PM
i've finally figured it out!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

hmm pointing out stuff that hinders the game makes me mad?

No.

A lot of ppl don't like the idea that a weapon and a power are the be all end all things to use. It makes for the most repetitive PvP ever. Tweeks to these things can even things out though so that cloak and infectors both have a specific purpose instead of being better by miles of everything else. The way these things work take away from the game over all.

Intense
06-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Can't please everyone. People worried about their K/D. People worried about how much skill it takes to do XXX in a match. People worried about others moving around in a manner that makes the hard to hit. It never ends.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
A lot of ppl don't like the idea that a weapon and a power are the be all end all things to use. It makes for the most repetitive PvP ever. Tweeks to these things can even things out though so that cloak and infectors both have a specific purpose instead of being better by miles of everything else. The way these things work take away from the game over all.

all i can do is facepalm and laugh at this point

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 02:53 PM
all i can do is facepalm and laugh at this point

See the real funny thing is that you are the only one. Who cares about you. Everyone else says it be so. So you are part of the 1% of ppl that say cloak and infectors are not OP'd. Im just pointing out the obvious here just like so many others. Its nothing special or something that's hard in that you have to delve into it to figure out. Its there in the open for all to see.

So what we have here is the obvious vs oblivious lol.

Solo
06-06-2013, 02:55 PM

Real skill with an infector lmfao. Maybe I should use it and get 40+ kills 0 deaths and call myself the best.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Real skill with an infector lmfao. Maybe I should use it and get 40+ kills 0 deaths and call myself the best.

thank you for showing the intelligence of a typical infector whiner

jopa
06-06-2013, 02:58 PM
there is no be all and end all in PVP. youre forgetting that you can only cloak for 15 seconds maxed. there are perks that can quickly reduce the down time and increase cloak for an additional five seconds, but those are at the expense of defense perks. those who rely purely on cloak are often the easiest to kill.

Solo
06-06-2013, 02:59 PM
thank you for showing the intelligence of a typical infector whiner

hmph Sir plz.

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:00 PM

I challenge you to try. Make sure you get a screen shot. Should be easy right?

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
See the real funny thing is that you are the only one. Who cares about you. Everyone else says it be so. So you are part of the 1% of ppl that say cloak and infectors are not OP'd. Im just pointing out the obvious here just like so many others. Its nothing special or something that's hard in that you have to delve into it to figure out. Its there in the open for all to see.

He isn't the only one

Solo
06-06-2013, 03:02 PM
I challenge you to try. Make sure you get a screen shot. Should be easy right?

Trolling at its best.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh yeaaa. Cloak and infectors are not over powered at all! My mistake!

That's why we see countless threads pointing out how they are not overpowerd and how they are the least things used in PvP by...idk...Everyone!

lol what a joke. No doubt cloak and infectors will get their fix. It to obvious of why and to many ppl are posting threads pointing out the reasons. Ppl on the defense for these overpowerd/unbalanced things would have better luck ice skating up hill.

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Trolling at its best.

And putting you in place because you cant back up your BS

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
He isn't the only one

Well it takes a lot to come out and to admit you are also oblivious.

Im proud of you bud.

Solo
06-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Oh yeaaa. Cloak and infectors are not over powered at all! My mistake!

That's why we see countless threads pointing out how they are not overpowerd and howthey are the least things used in PvP by...idk...Everyone!

lol what a joke. No doubt cloak and infectors will get their fix. It to obvious of why and to many ppl are posting threads pointing out the reasons. Ppl on the defense for these overpowerd/unbalanced things would have better luck ice skating up hill.

Which is true. While others don't want it balance because they're using them and it will hurt their advantage over other players. For example: The Shotgun mag nerf.

Everyone was using shotguns, now to some people they are useless. So now they move to another weapon that does over excessive amount of damage. When one person sees that they use it then another then another. A chain reaction.

Solo
06-06-2013, 03:15 PM
And putting you in place because you cant back up your BS

I thought I was mad, but you sound mad bro.

NomadPhx
06-06-2013, 03:16 PM
its not the infectors in general,just the immunizer. i check loadouts its always an immunizer. not complaining just clearifying.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 03:21 PM

go ahead and do it. you have officially been called out, so step up or prove me right.

or is there some factor in which you don't posses that is required? skill maybe?

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:22 PM
I thought I was mad, but you sound mad bro.

How am I mad? Just calling out another cry baby running their mouth. You call yourself The Showoff, show us you going 40-0 with an immunizer like you claimed.

Solo
06-06-2013, 03:23 PM
go ahead and do it. you have officially been called out, so step up or prove me right.

or is there some factor in which you don't posses that is required? skill maybe?

You sound mad bro.

greatdividers
06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
You sound mad bro.

you can post the screenshot in one of the "post your best score in X map" threads on the pvp forum, i'll be waiting... well not really because it's not going to happen

NeverMiss
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Its too easy with Infector I destroy ppl with infector no ego perk or power. this game takes no skill at all

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:29 PM
You sound mad bro.

You backpedaling from your statement bro?

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Its too easy with Infector I destroy ppl with infector no ego perk or power. this game takes no skill at all

Your screen name and the above post is epic! thumbs up lol

Solo
06-06-2013, 03:33 PM
You backpedaling from your statement bro?

I'm sorry I was busy going 36-0 in freight yard. No skill what so ever.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 03:36 PM
The PvP community of Defiance is so kind and civil

Solo
06-06-2013, 03:44 PM

Just went 36-0.

Nyymi
06-06-2013, 03:52 PM

I think you are getting trolled here.

Even in PvE its easy to see that Immunizer needs next to no aiming to hit stuff, just hover crosshair somehere near the enemy and it will hit unless they go LoS.

Granted i havent even stepped to pvp yet and still the day i shot that weapon firstime i instantly tought "damn this weapon is so getting abused in pvp" and seems i was right. Next thing that gets propably abused is cloak and that new chargeblade, depending how hard it hits and how much crit multiplier it has.

EDIT: Fixed infector with immunizer as other infectors are slightly more balcanced aiming vice.

Intense
06-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry I was busy going 36-0 in freight yard. No skill what so ever.

Proof?

/10char

Kiserai
06-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Granted i havent even stepped to pvp yet This is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier.

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM
This is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier.

lol Yeah but the funny thing is that he is right. Its that obvious.

Solo
06-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Proof?

/10char

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MqxSmH4CElM/TuoYsGd0IZI/AAAAAAAAIAs/WLlvzFzXQFE/s1600/hansolo.jpg

Intense
06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Thats what I thought. lies

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Thats what I thought. lies

Nah not lies. It happing while using cloak and infector is not far fetched. Saying he might of did it while using those things is as strong of a statement as saying the sky is blue.

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Question: who is the real Han Solo?

The one with part of the name, or the one who shoots first?

Kroesis
06-06-2013, 05:36 PM

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/croesis/sayitwithpictures/hBDF92772.jpg

SilentBob420BMFJ
06-15-2013, 08:06 PM

This!!!!!!

SilentBob420BMFJ
06-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Simple game, simple PvP.

I wish every player saw this post.

Billy Guile
06-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Question: who is the real Han Solo?

The one with part of the name, or the one who shoots first?

irrelevant. greedo shot first ;)

defiant
06-16-2013, 12:03 AM
The learning curve is, there is no learning curve. Sadly it's join them if you can't beat them, ..mmo-rpg pvp is a different story and what I was hoping for, because even though it sucks to be owned by a master who no doubt made better build-gear choices, its a fantasy world of respect and real learning on the way to the top. In defiance you have a floaty arcade style deathmatch that belongs in smaller number High quality matches like you see in cod and battlefield. The mix match is disorienting and is a step backwards in genre growth. Since you can't always trust the flawed systems that run defiance in the first place,( hit detection, cover, etc) having them combined with arcade mechanics like low gravity jumping? And rather poorly thought out Ego powers makes for a Childish experience where hardcore gamers are demoted to button smashers.

Cortechs
06-16-2013, 12:08 AM
All of this posturing is juvenile and pointless. At the end of the day, all that matters is what Trion thinks. I suspect they have plenty of data to assess the weapons, their frequency, and how often players return to PvP after experiencing the cloak/infector/shotgun "game" we have now.

Personally, I decided I wasn't going to waste my time expending 10x the effort it requires to compete with rogues with homing needles and pets. I've gone back to other games for PvP. And for me, it is a much more enjoyable and balanced experience.