PDA

View Full Version : Vent Humor: I was so happy to hit 4k today.. but then...

Toolatetotalk
06-02-2013, 10:17 PM
I was so happy to hit 4K EGO it meant so many things in the game. Most importantly that I would actually be able to run 7 perks. Logically with the bug cutting off the last perk I figured the one I gained at 4k would be the one I lost each game.

I carefully selected which of my perks I would keep in the first seven slots.. I started up the PVP and looked at my perks.. DOH .. I became a sad panda when I saw that my last two perks unequiped :mad:

Fine I'll just live with it. At least it will I'll have slots for more resurrection perks in Co-Op:confused:NOPE:mad:

Every co-op map I had to reassign my last two perks.

Other things that made me sad
I created a party for clanmates and friends to do co-ops with me today. I made sure I purchased the Group Boost for Loot, Skills and XP. I created the co-op maps and we jumped into the fight.

For some random reason I decided to check the boost and sure enough it wasn't working. I looked at the group leader. I was sad to see it wasn't me anymore. :confused: Not a problem. I get promoted and the group bonus comes back. Cool

But Wait ....
Clan Boost was gone? :mad: This would require a logout which we did between co-ops.

Sadly almost every round of co-op we had to go through the promotion.

I would love to say it had a happy ending but.. Sadly after a long weekend with plenty of action and fun I still ended up with zero oranges from the plethora of lock boxes i opened. Lots of Purples and Blues

Guess its to the trade section for the shield and grenade.

Anyways I will say I love the game and even with its qwerks I think its got some feet. Trying to be an MMO on a console isn't going to be easy for them.

For those of you not having fun or annoyed right now I have one big suggestion. Find a clan, (that is active) and work together. Laugh together and be frustrated together. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

Which is the whole point of MMO's.

Just my two cents

Rampermt
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
+1 being in a clan does help, I have made some good friends that I play with daily.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Everyone's complaining about not getting oranges. IDK if people can't read or they're willingly ignorant of that fact that the info for the weekend states that we will have higher loot drop rates. Nothing is said about having more rare weapons drop.

Bonus Loot Weekend: Players have a 25% increased chance to earn loot when they participate in a variety of game activities that offer loot drops during the scheduled time period. The loot categories are weapons, weapon mods, shields, and grenades.
So get your friends online and play Missions, Side Mission, Co-op Maps, Arkfalls, Emergencies, and much more for your chance at Bonus loot for this weekend only!

Taken straight from the community page (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/30/defiance-bonus-loot-weekend-is-back/). Its safe to assume that Bonus Look Weekend would not effect lockboxes because they are NOT weapon drops or even "game activities".

crasher
06-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Everyone's complaining about not getting oranges. IDK if people can't read or they're willingly ignorant of that fact that the info for the weekend states that we will have higher loot drop rates. Nothing is said about having more rare weapons drop.

Taken straight from the community page (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/30/defiance-bonus-loot-weekend-is-back/). Its safe to assume that Bonus Look Weekend would not effect lockboxes because they are NOT weapon drops or even "game activities".
Yeah, but when you have higher drop rates -> the rate at which you:
'*might* get an OJ increases,'
not
'*will* get an OJ increases,'....

So when you *might*, but *don't*, people express disappointment.
It's the nature of the human condition.

Disappointment is justified.
Complaints are not.

::shrug::

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah, but when you have higher drop rates -> the rate at which you:
'*might* get an OJ increases,'
not
'*will* get an OJ increases,'....

So when you *might*, but *don't*, people express disappointment.
It's the nature of the human condition.

Disappointment is justified.
Complaints are not.

::shrug::

I understand what you're saying, but thats not what they're saying. From the complaints that I've read just today most have blatantly stated that the devs said they would get rarer weapon drops. Hell, one guy even thought the event was called "rare loot weekend".

The majority of the community seems to be misinformed or making assumptions and using those assumptions as fact, which needs to stop.

Toolatetotalk
06-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Actually I'm very aware that the loot bonus does nothing to help the gear you get from lock boxes. I've commented in several other post about my lack of luck with oranges and my comment about oranges this weekend was more of an update.

That being said i would like to point out that I did expect to get several oranges this weekend.

How you ask?

If you take into consideration a couple things. First I was grinding my last 200 points this weekend and spent a lot of time in ArkFalls and Co-Op. The second is the 42%-53% loot bonus I was running around with. This meant my bags were stuffed with plenty of loot to salvage. Even with 200 plus slots I was emptying my bags every couple hours. Now add in all the keys I generated from participating in events and the ones I bought with all the salvage I sold...

Being on the Xbox I have to say nothing sucks more then salvaging 150 items..

Toolatetotalk
06-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Troll myself ... I'm not complaining about my bad luck. I'm just disappointed. But I've been around long enough to know that the color of my gun has nothing to do with how many times I put you on your back in PVP. Or how many times I'm on my back.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
06-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Actually I'm very aware that the loot bonus does nothing to help the gear you get from lock boxes. I've commented in several other post about my lack of luck with oranges and my comment about oranges this weekend was more of an update.

That being said i would like to point out that I did expect to get several oranges this weekend.

How you ask?

If you take into consideration a couple things. First I was grinding my last 200 points this weekend and spent a lot of time in ArkFalls and Co-Op. The second is the 42%-53% loot bonus I was running around with. This meant my bags were stuffed with plenty of loot to salvage. Even with 200 plus slots I was emptying my bags every couple hours. Now add in all the keys I generated from participating in events and the ones I bought with all the salvage I sold...

Being on the Xbox I have to say nothing sucks more then salvaging 150 items..

See now, that is a logical "disappointment" that I can get behind. I honestly don't see much in the way of oranges either, but I'm not too worried about it because, from what I've seen, most of my purples are better than the oranges I've come across. :)