PDA

View Full Version : i feel dumb playing for over a month ego still 140

stormfront99
06-03-2013, 04:34 AM
I dont understand it tons of mods but they go on nothing...i dont really find anything decent at all for weapons or shields...just started to miss the days of real owners manuals coming with games...not advertisments and disclaimers

Ridiculousss
06-03-2013, 04:39 AM
what the heck are you doing for your ego to be at 140 after a month. Play main missions, side missions re playable events. Also good items come from vendors if you keep checking, lock boxes is a good way to pick up some decent weapons and stuff sometimes. But i find alot of good weapons come from mini bosses, or bosses in co op missions.

sometimes you just get random lucky drops

ncanning
06-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Dude, check your weapons, they have a max experience system, once you hit it the weapon doesn't help you gain ego anymore.

stormfront99
06-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Well the weapon thing is def good to know...guess i should change up weapons more

Hanzo_the_Razor
06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Not sure what you're doing wrong. I don't consider myself to be good at all and I'm pushing 900 EGO. I sometimes go days without playing.

DarthBadger6
06-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I dont understand it tons of mods but they go on nothing...i dont really find anything decent at all for weapons or shields...just started to miss the days of real owners manuals coming with games...not advertisments and disclaimers

I agree about the lack of manuals. The mileaux of Defiance is broad and fascinating, there is a whole back story, both for gamerz and those that just watch the tv series are missing, what a missed opportunity for both Trion and Syfy!

Info is out there but not readily available to all. Considering what the marketing budget must have been, the lack of a (let's say 2/$3) manual in the game is, IMHO a sackable offence. Where is the separately available "coffee table book" for the series? - OK there's a tablet app, but rumours have it that it's unreliable - dunno, can't comment, I wantito watch the programme not piss about on line (and I CAN multi-task!).

Other responders have answered your side question. ..

Do missions

Check out the Intel page too (menu, L2).

Keep playing...

stormfront99
06-03-2013, 08:54 AM
There was a one week period that i followed a big group around to about 30 different arkfalls and i noticed my ex was not going up and my abilities kept getting reset...i would have to keep putting my skill points back on stuff...i just got the ego to 162 after i just did 6 missions

Solo
06-03-2013, 08:59 AM
what the heck are you doing for your ego to be at 140 after a month. Play main missions, side missions re playable events. Also good items come from vendors if you keep checking, lock boxes is a good way to pick up some decent weapons and stuff sometimes. But i find alot of good weapons come from mini bosses, or bosses in co op missions.

sometimes you just get random lucky drops

ahahaha IKR!!!

Almiel
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
There was a one week period that i followed a big group around to about 30 different arkfalls and i noticed my ex was not going up and my abilities kept getting reset...i would have to keep putting my skill points back on stuff...i just got the ego to 162 after i just did 6 missions

Hit Start > L2 > Choose Goals. Look thru the Pursuits and start doing them as you play the game. Pursuits are the best way to level up. One of those pursuits is picking up all the Data Recorders in the regions. Use my guide (in my sig below).

If you don't want your inv full of mods skip the side missions or keep your inv full so that they go into claims. Use the Salvage Matrix to break down everything you don't want. You'll be wanting that stuff for modding or resetting favorite weapons' xp later. Resetting weapons cost more the higher the ego # on it so be sure to do this with weapons you like now and hang on to them (be glad for that aspect of your ego level).

Kronik
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Do you turn on the game and leave...

I don't even know how this is possible.

Am I being punked

tactics
06-03-2013, 11:07 AM
finish ur goals, if u know where 2 look it up. u can get 5-40 ego
leveling up experience bar gives u 10 ego
leveling up weapon skill gives u 4 ego
youtube helps when looking 4 recordings/intel.

Kessler
06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
the OP is so full of it his eyes are brown.

Assasino
06-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Side missions and roadside emergencies is the quickest way to level up. I would waste my time just mainly doing Arkfalls when I first started until I realized this.

stormfront99
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Lol ok thanks everyone think i found my biggest problem...did not know about the L2 menu until i saw it posted here...lmao that explains alot of why i have been running around like a lil re tarrrd since the game came out

stormfront99
06-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Next ill have to figure out how to get mods on guns...tons of mods but cant attach them

JD nutz
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I think this guide may help you .........ALOT

http://guidescroll.com/2013/04/defiance-weapons-and-leveling-guide/

HELL MAMA
06-03-2013, 06:21 PM
lol i dont get either if he is playing at all he should be higher than that. i sure am not the best player in this game but i got at day one is he for real?

Rincewind
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey storm if you need a hand, send me a friend invite.

zeek1227
06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
got the game like a week ago and havent had much time to play it and im like 500 sumptin... then again i have no life so when i do play its for like hours lol

killa guru
06-03-2013, 08:52 PM
ok check this out do what i do ive been playing for 4-5 days and im lvl 515. what you want to do is arkfalls gives good xp

http://file:///C:/Users/kylan/Desktop/kid%20ki.jpg

stormfront99
06-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Ok i made a new character and im at 221 ego after a few hours...it must just be a bug with the first character i made when i picked the game up from preorder

Ariies
06-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Ok i made a new character and im at 221 ego after a few hours...it must just be a bug with the first character i made when i picked the game up from preorder

I'm still running with my character from when I pre-ordered the game. That character is at a 1658 ego rating. I had some resets, but nothing that would stop my ego rating.

Assasino
06-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Perhaps or perhaps not. While my EGO is over 1000 i have found that leveling up is taking more time now

DaMaJaDiZ
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM

I don't even know how it's possible that your ego was that low for so long. Just cruising around and doing emergencies and randoms should have given you a muchhealthier level boost. But I didn't stop by to dump on ya. You mentioned that you pre-ordered, so I'm assuming that you had/ might still have items and boosts that aren't active yet? If you think that you might, you should check the store for any unclaimed items.