PDA

View Full Version : PVP Needs COD Kill Cam

Coolrockski
06-03-2013, 06:06 AM
This was a great feature of Call of Duty and would work great in Defiance as well. Once someone kills you, there is a replay of the kill from the persepctive of the shooter. This would be helpful for several reasons:

1. You can see what type of weapon they used to kill and how fast. It might give you an idea to use something other than a LMG or Infector!

2. It would help to catch cheaters in PVP and there are still a few. I'm not talking sour grapes because some players are better than others, but legit cheaters. There were a few on last night.

3. It's just a cool feature, even if you are the victim.

Stonga
06-03-2013, 06:30 AM
God no! It will just cause more QQ. What they could do is to remove the cam after you get killed.

TiATWiNK
06-03-2013, 06:36 AM
No no no! You COD people need to stop telling Defiance to fix things in PvP because every time they do something else gets messed up! If you like COD so much then go back to playing that! I'm sick of you people!

Coolrockski
06-03-2013, 06:42 AM
No way back to COD, Definance is awesome. It is a combination of COD and Borderlands from my perspective. The PVP remnds me a lot of COD and most PVPers play it similarly.

Whisky Tango
06-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Please NO! This game is not strictly a shooter. I would not mind if they took PvP out of this game, except for Shadow Wars. It attracts "Not my kind of people". However, to each their own.

Coolrockski
06-03-2013, 08:27 AM
I loike Shadow Wars too, but there are rarely matches going on. They should should tweek this..keep Shadow Wars running and add the kill cam :)

cusman
06-03-2013, 08:31 AM
This was a great feature of Call of Duty and would work great in Defiance as well. Once someone kills you, there is a replay of the kill from the persepctive of the shooter. This would be helpful for several reasons:

1. You can see what type of weapon they used to kill and how fast. It might give you an idea to use something other than a LMG or Infector!

2. It would help to catch cheaters in PVP and there are still a few. I'm not talking sour grapes because some players are better than others, but legit cheaters. There were a few on last night.

3. It's just a cool feature, even if you are the victim.

A kill cam would be a great learning tool... plus it is entertaining.

Also, I would love to know how someone on other side of map takes out a Cerberus with a pistol. I am sure there are other weird bug situations like that and having video proof of that kind of stuff will only help TRION recognize and hopefully fix the remaining bugs like that.

Atticus Batman
06-03-2013, 08:44 AM
No. They already show you who killed you and their location. Here's a hint if they are up high or slightly behind something in that view, chances are they think it's too good of a position to give up. So most are still there when you go back for revenge.

Ryme
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Generally a kill can only shows who landed the kill shot and from where. If you really want useful information, a kill report like Planetside 2 would be more useful. You could then actually see what killed you and what contributed to the kill.

Indra Echo
06-03-2013, 08:57 AM
No way back to COD, Definance is awesome. It is a combination of COD and Borderlands from my perspective. The PVP remnds me a lot of COD and most PVPers play it similarly.

I've played all the CoD games (much to my self-disgust) and in no way does PvP remind me of CoD except for the way CoD players play it. Cloaking is the new camping. CoD is in my mind the model of exactly what not to do with games in general. And I'm done with them-Black Ops 2 was it and was the worst in the series. People complain about Defiance's bugs and glitches, exploits and cheats and that mentality comes from CoD play. Every CoD game took less and less time for players to find out how to basically cheat other players of a fun experience and in Black Ops 2 it happened on the first day I could play MP (which was about a week after I got it because online play was BROKEN). No one wanted to play certain maps because players had already exploited them or camped them out.

Black Ops 2 caused me to constantly rage at the tv; Defiance stopped that and I found a game that was fun again. And though I don't like PvP much, even in Defiance, it is still nowhere near as bad as it is in Black Ops2 except when some CoDers play it. I also recognize some of the cheater's names in this game from CoD. That is the only thing memorable from playing it.

Defiance cured me of wanting to ever play a CoD game again-not because it's like them but because it isn't.

Miles Morales
06-03-2013, 09:07 AM
you get killed from across the map while in a Cerberus because sometimes your body drags behind the Cerberus or stays in one spot all together

ghost_ol3a
06-03-2013, 09:19 AM
it's bad enough they're putting zombies in here. but now you want kill cam, go on

Coolrockski
06-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I've played all the CoD games (much to my self-disgust) and in no way does PvP remind me of CoD except for the way CoD players play it. Cloaking is the new camping. CoD is in my mind the model of exactly what not to do with games in general. And I'm done with them-Black Ops 2 was it and was the worst in the series. People complain about Defiance's bugs and glitches, exploits and cheats and that mentality comes from CoD play. Every CoD game took less and less time for players to find out how to basically cheat other players of a fun experience and in Black Ops 2 it happened on the first day I could play MP (which was about a week after I got it because online play was BROKEN). No one wanted to play certain maps because players had already exploited them or camped them out.

Black Ops 2 caused me to constantly rage at the tv; Defiance stopped that and I found a game that was fun again. And though I don't like PvP much, even in Defiance, it is still nowhere near as bad as it is in Black Ops2 except when some CoDers play it. I also recognize some of the cheater's names in this game from CoD. That is the only thing memorable from playing it.

Defiance cured me of wanting to ever play a CoD game again-not because it's like them but because it isn't.

I played up to BO2 as well and also raged a lot as some of the ricidulous stuff going on. But honestly, it was fun and addicting, sort of how Monster is for us caffeine cravers. The Cloak/SGers are the new campers and you might as well start at a -3 KDR if you dont cloak/SG, but I still play for the excitement of hitting a headshot with the sniper rifle or going on a kill streak. I think kill streaks drove COD..you want that 5 kill in a row so bad to get the attack helicopter. That was me and sure it is/was others.

Coolrockski
06-03-2013, 09:32 AM
it's bad enough they're putting zombies in here. but now you want kill cam, go on

LOL. How about kill streaks? You get to drive an indestructable cerebrus around for 30 seconds if you get 7 kills in a row! The sad part is I am a guy in my mid 30s with a family and still enjoy kills streaks/zombies/kill cams etc..

IGears
06-03-2013, 09:39 AM
A kill cam would be a great learning tool... plus it is entertaining.

Also, I would love to know how someone on other side of map takes out a Cerberus with a pistol. I am sure there are other weird bug situations like that and having video proof of that kind of stuff will only help TRION recognize and hopefully fix the remaining bugs like that.

If Trion cant duplicated the issue in their "Closed Test server" then it doesnt exist. IMO

TiATWiNK
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
LOL. How about kill streaks? You get to drive an indestructable cerebrus around for 30 seconds if you get 7 kills in a row! The sad part is I am a guy in my mid 30s with a family and still enjoy kills streaks/zombies/kill cams etc..
Noooooooo! I bought this game because there is no K/D ratio or anything like that! It's not really supposed to be competitive it's just supposed to be a fun game you can play with everyone! Like I said before if you are going to play PvP 24/7 and complain about every little difference from COD then go play that! This is for people who do not like COD games! And I am one of those people (even though I do own the COD games) and ya'll are ruining it for me!!! Leave this game alone!!!

ghost_ol3a
06-03-2013, 10:03 AM

yea maybe if PvP was the end game. but i really don't think it is. i mean if it was you would have crazy stats for PvP, a ranking system also. as far as zombies, it just not my thing. if i wanted to kill zombies i would play one of the many zombie games, not a sifi game

Pyth
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Then how would infector ****** know that you're t-bagging them?

PeterPolaski
06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Noooooooo! I bought this game because there is no K/D ratio or anything like that! It's not really supposed to be competitive it's just supposed to be a fun game you can play with everyone! Like I said before if you are going to play PvP 24/7 and complain about every little difference from COD then go play that! This is for people who do not like COD games! And I am one of those people (even though I do own the COD games) and ya'll are ruining it for me!!! Leave this game alone!!!

Someone forgot their ADD meds today...

tactics
06-03-2013, 11:23 AM

more like borderlands n gears of war(3rd person)
kill cam is more like bf3.

PeterPolaski
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
I played up to BO2 as well and also raged a lot as some of the ricidulous stuff going on. But honestly, it was fun and addicting, sort of how Monster is for us caffeine cravers. The Cloak/SGers are the new campers and you might as well start at a -3 KDR if you dont cloak/SG, but I still play for the excitement of hitting a headshot with the sniper rifle or going on a kill streak. I think kill streaks drove COD..you want that 5 kill in a row so bad to get the attack helicopter. That was me and sure it is/was others.

I think the problem is that you're blaming rage on the game you play, because it's an actual personal problem, the game just brings out the issue.

TiATWiNK
06-03-2013, 12:38 PM
I think the problem is that you're blaming rage on the game you play, because it's an actual personal problem, the game just brings out the issue.

Agreed! This game is so relaxing I can even play at 6 in the morning when I am barley awake!

* and I do not have ADD Peter! :P

conquererspledge
06-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Far cry 3 had a cool system where it showed a ghostly see through image of you and your killer, and a line to where the killshot was. Also let you see their loadout.

Finish the Fight
06-03-2013, 01:25 PM
No no no! You COD people need to stop telling Defiance to fix things in PvP because every time they do something else gets messed up! If you like COD so much then go back to playing that! I'm sick of you people!

100% agreed.