PDA

View Full Version : DEVs - Just wanted to know if there was a plan .......

Kyn El
06-03-2013, 07:06 AM
DEVs - Just wanted to know if there was a plan in place for when the PS4 comes out this November to move this game to the PS4, or if that has even been thought about amidst all the current issues that have been going on.

Babydoll
06-03-2013, 07:19 AM
well the game would have to hit PSN as a download and Im sure you will have to repay for it and loose all your current saves. The new PS4 will not play PS3 games so no chance in moving over that disc. Now if you can mover over your psn account which is linked by email then I would think all previous DLC purchased would mover over, but then agian who knows. You might not even be able to get the same gamertag as you have with ps3. It will be intresting, but I see this game going F2P on PS4 and becoming a download like DCUO just good luck to us all being able to keep charaters and past purchases.

SGTquig
06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
well the game would have to hit PSN as a download and Im sure you will have to repay for it and loose all your current saves. The new PS4 will not play PS3 games so no chance in moving over that disc. Now if you can mover over your psn account which is linked by email then I would think all previous DLC purchased would mover over, but then agian who knows. You might not even be able to get the same gamertag as you have with ps3. It will be intresting, but I see this game going F2P on PS4 and becoming a download like DCUO just good luck to us all being able to keep charaters and past purchases.

Obviously, you never looked in your PS3's save files. The Defiance saves are all updates. Your game info is saved on the Defiance systems. It's an online game, just like WoW, so there is not a save file on your PS3 for each character.

Rebuying tbe game for PS4 would suck, but after downloading everything again, your character saves and DLC should show up. I had to delete the original Defiance data before and redownload it. My character and purchased items were there afterward. So that should not be a problem with converting to a PS4, unless there are issues with linking an existing account with a new console. Then that is something that only TRION can fix.