PDA

View Full Version : Shield Clarification?

Vomiting Wolf
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I am unsure what to be aiming for, I have been looking for a Legendary Shield for some time now. Problem is I recently found two EGO 909 Shields:

Hurricane Regenerator II D
+25% HP Regeneration
Capacity 1102
Recharge/Sec 70%
Recharge Delay 6

&

Ironclad Regenerator IID
+25% HP Regeneration
Capacity 1654
Recharge/Sec 10%
Recharge Delay 6

Now I know I'm pretty low level still and things will improve as my EGO improves, but what is the opinion on what is "better" ? It's probably based on play style, but I am doubting I will find a Shield with 1500+ Capacity AND a quick recharge time/delay.

In the meanwhile I have been using my older EGO 503
Ironclad Regenerator III D
+25% HP Regeneration
DMG Resistance: Biological
Capacity 1625
Recharge/Sec 10%
Recharge Delay 6

Thoughts?

Combo Breaker
06-03-2013, 08:02 AM
The big question is what for. PVP or PVE?

Vomiting Wolf
06-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Oh sorry, PVE

Combo Breaker
06-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Respark. Nothing better than a Respark for PvE.

Vomiting Wolf
06-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Respark. Nothing better than a Respark for PvE.
Okay cool... soooo, is that look for more capacity or more regen speed? I don't think I've seen a Respark as yet.

Grit
06-03-2013, 08:31 AM
I use a Ironclad Regen III D for everything...it does it's job and I do mine lol!!

It's all based on personal opinion and playstyle...

I roll in like a tank..i'd rather have more protection than anything else... when my shild start beeping i find some cover for a few seconds and move on.

Vomiting Wolf
06-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks Grit, I'll keep an eye out for that sort of thing then.

Grit
06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm an overcharge guy.. i have my perks set up around being able to take damage lol. Usually i can kill the mob before they get me when i have my nice orange glow. my one buddy is all about the repsarks though.

I say go with whatever fits your playstyle.

Vomiting Wolf
06-03-2013, 08:43 AM
With finding decent nades or shields, they've usually been from Arkfall drops/rewards.

Does the higher EGO effect the radness of my found loot? Or can it be awesome at any EGO?
- I ask as I have enough KC for two Tier 3's or one Tier 4 Lock Boxes, should I buff up to EGO 1000 as it may hold better rewards? or is that always going to be the case and I'll be like a dog chasing it's tail when it comes to purchasing boxes?

Chevota
06-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Resparks are the best imo. Theyre all about the mid-ground in every stat. I like my shield to be coming back up soon as possible, so a 3-second delay with a 2-second 80% recharge usually gets me back in the fight fast. Get behind a rock, count to 5, run back in.

Just do the math, essentially. your shields posted, Hurricane - 7 seconds from shield break to 70% recharge. Ironclad - 16 seconds from break to 100% recharge... My Respark atm is 5 seconds to 80%.

I believe the Respark is a higher Cap then the Hurricane but im not sure. But you can see its a faster Recharge from break.

Yes, and no, EGO affects loot... When you start, yes the guns slowly get better, in a sense. The stats get minimally better (not Damage*), or you get more loot with a Synergy on them, or bonus stats... But mainly its Mod Slots.

You will build up, from 1 mod open, to 2, to 3, up to all 4 slots being open... Then it dies back to 1... @2900 EGO, im only getting 2-slot weapons.

Its a very odd loot system and someone else might be able to explain it better.

Combo Breaker
06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Respark puts me back in the action faster. My build is tanky as well, minus the shield.

mikepaul
06-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Does the higher EGO effect the radness of my found loot? Or can it be awesome at any EGO?
Shields and grenades get better specs as EGO increases, although the recharge time of grenades doesn't always go down. I have purples with 24 second recharge, and I have 30.

Weapons? I'd say the perks are what gets better. Now I'm seeing two perks on some blue weapons at EGO 2400-ish. Even had a couple of lock box weapons have two slots on them, which is an improvement over the last 700 EGO levels. Hoping for a return to 4 slots before I retire from Defiance...

Grit
06-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Respark puts me back in the action faster. My build is tanky as well, minus the shield.

i don't duck out until i have about 1 bar of health left haha if i go down..meh revive myself...If i find a respark that i feel is worth having i'll give it a try..i mean probably whenever i start my missions in SF again...but meh.