PDA

View Full Version : Wow..saw some sniper rifles in Freight Yard

Coolrockski
06-03-2013, 08:24 AM
I use a semi-auto sniper and rarely see them in any pvp, especially freight yard. The vast majority of weapons are SG, Infectors, and some SAWs. I would say that is about 80% of freight yard. Last night on PC NA server, there were some matches with multiple players using sniper rifles..which was nice. I give total respect to the guy who headshots me over the majority that sneak behind, stealth and shotgun.

I wouldn't nerf anything, but how about a buff for the snipers so there will be more matches of people playing it like a more traiditonal shooter?

Atticus Batman
06-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I use a semi-auto sniper and rarely see them in any pvp, especially freight yard. The vast majority of weapons are SG, Infectors, and some SAWs. I would say that is about 80% of freight yard. Last night on PC NA server, there were some matches with multiple players using sniper rifles..which was nice. I give total respect to the guy who headshots me over the majority that sneak behind, stealth and shotgun.

I wouldn't nerf anything, but how about a buff for the snipers so there will be more matches of people playing it like a more traiditonal shooter?

I love snipers and use them alot even in pvp, but not sure buffs are needed. A headshot almost always insta-kills. Yes the hard part is aiming for the head and firing before dying or your target moves. But the worst is the moment they lose their head, they are given a view of their killer's location, so you NEED to move or hide before they come back and get even.

SaneFail
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I've found a couple of great places to snipe from in FY but I don't want to actually kill anyone from them specifically so as not to give away my location. I usually end up going for body shots to soften them up as my team is moving in. Sometimes it's impossible to pass up when someone crouches and sits there waiting to surprise an enemy and I end up blowing my cover.

ItISLupus
06-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Unless a change happens to cloak(minor permanent shimmer when a player is cloaked will do) I will not use my snipers in PVP, I love sniping in PVE. But, with the prevalence of shotgun cloakers its a null point

Pyth
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Unless a change happens to cloak(minor permanent shimmer when a player is cloaked will do) I will not use my snipers in PVP, I love sniping in PVE. But, with the prevalence of shotgun cloakers its a null point
You should try Crysis. The cloak in that game is more visible and when someone is using it, they can pretty much be one shotted by anything. Not to mention perks/attachments that highlight invisible enemies when looking through the scope.

Why they ever made the cloak the way they did in this game is beyond me.