PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.021 - Discussion

Sledgehammer70
06-03-2013, 10:03 AM
With patch 1.020 in the wild we now are prepping patch 1.021 for release. This patch is the most substantial minor patch to date, and the changes the team was able to resolve within this patch are fairly significant.

We continue to work on remaining issues the community is reporting and that our team is finding, and plan to continue minor server side patches on a weekly basis.

Patch 1.021 will go live Wednesday, June 5th.

DEFIANCE Patch 1.021
- Reduces game server crashes
- Fixed a client crash caused by keybinding in character select Settings.
- Fixed a Plague event Emergency where not all of the assets were spawning correctly.
- Fix for Perks not remaining in their proper slot after loading.
- Data recorder associated with the Svushinnira event Vagabond mission now able to be grabbed by all members in a group.
- Salvage Crew Emergency now has a completion message.
- There was an invisible shotgun wielding mutant roaming around the world - he is now visible.
- One of the Mutant Rifleman was not always attacking players properly. He is smarter now.
- The Alamo in San Francisco had some periodic issues with Dark Matter guys popping in and out which is now fixed.
- Reduced the difficulty of the Matron in Island of Lost Soldiers for groups.
- Contracts page will no longer get locked after completing all daily and weekly Contracts.
- Fixed a case where you could get instant shield regeneration.
- Addressed a synchronization issue that caused people to see a couple of extra seconds added to their race time.
- Mastery effects that were increasing the duration of EGO powers were causing an issue that would let you have essentially unlimited duration on their powers. These Mastery effects have been changed to reduce the cooldown on Powers when performing a full reload with the weapon to correct this issue.
- Fixed a situation where a few weapons would not get XP when used. This included the VOT Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, and the Hydra Launcher.

Pyth
06-03-2013, 10:08 AM
- There was an invisible shotgun wielding mutant roaming around the world - he is now visible.

... they finally caught the bastard.

Sull
06-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Thank you!

squidgod2000
06-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Does that mean what I think it means, or is it something else?

Iceberg
06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Sounds good, I'll wait and see what happens after it is applied.

Zemenar
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
- Fixed a Plague event Emergency where not all of the assets were spawning correctly.

Err... uhh? LOL.

Oh thank the gods if this works!

DJTrig
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Looks good,wonder what all the pvp cheaters are gonna use next.

CrazyBard
06-03-2013, 10:15 AM

Eh? The Matron is one of the easiest bosses in all the co-op matches and at least trying to kill her in 3 mins was a semi-challenge - so Boo to this :(

Other than that, looks like a great patch - can't wait to see it go live!

Iceberg
06-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Eh? The Matron is one of the easiest bosses in all the co-op matches and at least trying to kill her in 3 mins was a semi-challenge :(

Ya, I had no problem with it, even just focusing on the matron it didn't take that long nor was it that difficult. Sure the archers were annoying but manageable.

Sull
06-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Ya, I had no problem with it, even just focusing on the matron it didn't take that long nor was it that difficult. Sure the archers were annoying but manageable.

Agreed. The Matron is not overpowered at all, IMO.

Combo Breaker
06-03-2013, 10:18 AM

Moya and myself thank you!

Thats the last time I fix this for you.

DJTrig
06-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Eh? The Matron is one of the easiest bosses in all the co-op matches and at least trying to kill her in 3 mins was a semi-challenge - so Boo to this :(

Yeah,that one does seem strange.I have PuGed that many times and have never had an issue with it.

Mladenov
06-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Thank you for the perks! :)

GiantInMaine
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Omg fix for perks! hope it works. Invisible shotgun weilding mutant lmfao i think that prick shot me a few times. Paybacks a *****.

DieSlow321
06-03-2013, 10:21 AM
- Mastery effects that were increasing the duration of EGO powers were causing an issue that would let you have essentially unlimited duration on their powers. These Mastery effects have been changed to reduce the cooldown on Powers when performing a full reload with the weapon to correct this issue.

This ..... This makes me happy. If it is what I think it is, I will once again ... PvP.

FrkyDkyDutch
06-03-2013, 10:23 AM

Does that mean what I think it means, or is it something else?

... and there I was thinking they already fixed that over this weekend. For some reason I haven't been having an issue with my last perk dropping off every time I fast traveled. Glad to see that it is really true now at least. ;) I thought my friend was being stubborn saying his stuff kept falling off.

JxSiN
06-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Made the matron easier? Why? That is the easiest co op boss!

Pyth
06-03-2013, 10:25 AM
On a more serious note, do you have a general timeline for us when the Arkfalls will be fixed? I'm speaking of course of crystals not appearing and heat synchs still falling into the base of the Scrapper arms.

Epyon
06-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Anyone know what or where the plague emergency is? As for the fixes, Im glad the perk slots fixed. The reason they made the matron easier was probably too many QQs about the timed pursuit.

Stonga
06-03-2013, 10:27 AM

You should know by now that the majority of the playerbase in Defiance is not very good. They have a hard time killing ridiculously easy bosses.

This just shows how easy games are by todays standards compared to lets say 10+ years ago.

Sdric
06-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Wow, just wow.
So many people complain about co-op instances being too easy and due to that boring.
Really, that's your response?
You should add a higher difficulty - not loweer the existing once (if that#s even possible)!

Henyachingywhy
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Anyone know what or where the plague emergency is?

I'm sort of wondering that myself...

Gratty
06-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Already?

GiantInMaine
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Anyone know what or where the plague emergency is?

I bet it's a fix for the content that is getting released today lol.

IGears
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM

DEFIANCE Patch 1.021
- Addressed a synchronization issue that caused people to see a couple of extra seconds added to their race time.
- Fixed a situation where a few weapons would not get XP when used. This included the VOT Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, and the Hydra Launcher.

- Yes!!, Finally
- Reduced? why? i was able to do it by myself when the rest of the group left me
- um i notice this when i died, i assumed it was the fact that my shield were going to recharge when the death blow came
- I thought it was caused by lag
- cool, I guess i can start using Rocket launchers again

PeterPolaski
06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Plague dropping 12pm-12:30pm PST

MaxSterling
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM

I hope to God that works...

Many clan members had this issue, hopefully it's resolved.

Never noticed this issue, but have some issues with an invisible molotov throwing mutant once in a while... usually around docks.

My guess is that this was probably a perceived issue because many people found a work around for this co-op not finishing... by having everyone kill themself to restart the fight against the Matron... and then being able to get the cut scene and completion. The Matron is already way too easy and toning this down was not necessary.

At least we'll reduce the number of threads in regards to that specific issue.

Annoying, but still possible to get a gold.

Now if most of these weapons would just prove to be... useful, perhaps people would use them.

DJTrig
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm sort of wondering that myself...

I would guess it will be a late patch on one of todays new additions.

Xeno Hunter
06-03-2013, 10:46 AM

The Hydra can now be used! :'D

cybergirl007
06-03-2013, 10:48 AM
The rewards area of the completion dialog for major arkfalls needs to be expanded as the bottom reward is cut off and there is no way to scroll that section.

IGears
06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Anyone know what or where the plague emergency is? As for the fixes, Im glad the perk slots fixed. The reason they made the matron easier was probably too many QQs about the timed pursuit.

i guess no one was using the right weapons, SAW and Overcharge

wayfarer
06-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Strangely, nothing about the Old Friends and Old Swords mission freeze which is stopping a number of us moving forward with the game. I know it says "minor patch" but still, there has to be more people affected who don't use this forum.

Solo
06-03-2013, 10:54 AM

In the words of Daniel Bryan "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!".
http://images.wikia.com/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Sad no fix for clan issues like show not in clan when entering phases. Kind of hard to complete pursuits if game doesn't think you're in a clan. Also very annoying wasting the clan boosts that were paid for with hard earned cash.

IGears
06-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Strangely, nothing about the Old Friends and Old Swords mission freeze which is stopping a number of us moving forward with the game. I know it says "minor patch" but still, there has to be more people affected who don't use this forum.

mission would freeze?

ryzo
06-03-2013, 11:04 AM
yet again no sieges then and so much for dlc poping not long after 1.020

N3gativeCr33p
06-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Already?

Maybe they caught it in Q&A before the content officially went "live"? I dunno...

JxSiN
06-03-2013, 11:08 AM
yet again no sieges then and so much for dlc poping not long after 1.020

Sieges went in with last patch. No need to patch them in again. They just haven't been activated yet. Hopefully today

mbergeron
06-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Sieges will be out later today. Go to dev tracker and a dev has commented on it already.

Envy
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Y U NO FIX INFECTORS!!!!!!!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg

4 THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!!!!

Darkane
06-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Some great stuff there. Thanks Sledge and the team!

Hypocrite
06-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Upcoming patch SOUNDS fairly good... I agree, the Matron is fine the way it is, but its whatever. ill just be happy if the disappearing perks are resolved... That has been very frustrating. And I noticed the patch info says nothing about fixing the Arkfalls where the last crystal is destroyed and the final boss does not spawn, leaving everyone standing around in a circle killing endless hellbugs for 20 minutes until the time expires and everyone realizes they just lost 20 minutes of their life that they will never get back...

IGears
06-03-2013, 11:31 AM
leaving everyone standing around in a circle killing endless hellbugs for 20 minutes until the time expires and everyone realizes they just lost 20 minutes of their life that they will never get back...

LOL...LOL again..

Hypocrite
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Hey @IGears... where in VA are you? im at the tip top. Loudoun County. And by no means am I proud of my location, but here I am.

Tha Lucky 1
06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Are we gonna be able to change our competitive skins for multiplayer?

IGears
06-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey @IGears... where in VA are you? im at the tip top. Loudoun County. And by no means am I proud of my location, but here I am.

Im in Roanoke, I been up that way a few time, I was deployed with the National Guard unit there C.Co 3/116th. and then again got a speeding ticket there going to Baltimore... such a nice courthouse there btw.

tuckerpb
06-03-2013, 11:47 AM
wow and only took you twits 2 months to fix **** that should have been fixed in the first 2 weeks. to little to late the damage is already done.

TWiiSTeD_MvL
06-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Mastery effects that were increasing the duration of EGO powers were causing an issue that would let you have essentially unlimited duration on their powers. These Mastery effects have been changed to reduce the cooldown on Powers when performing a full reload with the weapon to correct this issue

Does this mean that the 10% Ego power duration is getting replaced totally ? It sounds like it is getting replaced with a 10% Ego power recharge on full reload ? What is the point on this ? it just mean that my FRC Heavy Sawed-off Scatter is going to have a total of 20% ego power recharge on full reload and if i was to combine that with the perk that adds 15% on full reload im going to have a total of 35% ego power recharge on full reload is that not a bit over excessive and still grant me almost unlimited power when use a sawed off with similar stats as 2 reloads including the time between should grant my cloak back ? why not leave the 10% ego power duration and actually fix the glitch that's happening ? Please i need so clarification on whats actually happening...

Assasino
06-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Sounds promising. I do think they still need to work on the servers. This weekend when I would try to change loadouts at Arkfalls I would stay frozen and almost mid air for about a minute and then it would resume gameplay

Hypocrite
06-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Im in Roanoke, I been up that way a few time, I was deployed the the National Guard unit there C.Co 3/116th. and then again got a speeding ticket there going to Baltimore... such a nice courthouse there btw.

yea wow nowhere near me lol. And were you being sarcastic about the courthouse? It really is beautiful to look at, but I have spent too much of my life in that building I can't stand it lol.

IGears
06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
yea wow nowhere near me lol. And were you being sarcastic about the courthouse? It really is beautiful to look at, but I have spent too much of my life in that building I can't stand it lol.

no, i was serious. but was just implying on how it got that way.. (out of towners speeding through)..

Hypocrite
06-03-2013, 11:55 AM
This weekend when I would try to change loadouts at Arkfalls I would stay frozen and almost mid air for about a minute and then it would resume gameplay

Yea literally every time I change loadouts it does that unless I am not near any other players at all. If I am near even 5 other people it seems like it locks up when changing loadouts. Sometimes for 10 seconds, and sometimes for over a minute like you said. seems to be worse the more people that are around. I figured it was a memory issue as I am playing on ps3... what system are you playing on?

Hypocrite
06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
no, i was serious. but was just implying on how it got that way.. (out of towners speeding through)..

lmao yea they are strict. I have had my license suspended for the past 13 years in VA. Just because I owe them hefty fines and they have enough of my money. They are not getting any more. I can get a license in another state, but cant move because my wife has 2 kids from another relationship and they have to stay close to their dad. fml

IGears
06-03-2013, 12:03 PM
lmao yea they are strict. I have had my license suspended for the past 13 years in VA. Just because I owe them hefty fines and they have enough of my money. They are not getting any more. I can get a license in another state, but cant move because my wife has 2 kids from another relationship and they have to stay close to their dad. fml

Damn, that sucks. I wish you the best of luck with that.

Assasino
06-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Yea literally every time I change loadouts it does that unless I am not near any other players at all. If I am near even 5 other people it seems like it locks up when changing loadouts. Sometimes for 10 seconds, and sometimes for over a minute like you said. seems to be worse the more people that are around. I figured it was a memory issue as I am playing on ps3... what system are you playing on?
I am also on PS3, however this issue for me anyhow only started this weekend

TheLastDon
06-03-2013, 12:56 PM
THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE LAST PERK BUG! Hallelujah!!!

bio10656
06-03-2013, 01:53 PM
HEY FIX THE BUG WHERE ARE PVP button is locked so we cant change are pvp suits and also give us the first pvp suit that was replaced with echelon freelancer. I did the pursuit but never got the suit fix that and were golden for now...

Ravetown
06-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Don't see fixing the ability to equip PvP armor on the list?

MacGrube
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
What about competitive mutilplayer outfits?? I'm still unable to change outfits

Leummas
06-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Sweet, love when they bugs.

Spann
06-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Maybe this was answered already. I am not seeing this patch downloading.

Raider510
06-03-2013, 03:56 PM

It says wednesday on the first post.

- Lamarr

marshy
06-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Goes live on Wednesday

KBob
06-03-2013, 04:00 PM
On a more serious note, do you have a general timeline for us when the Arkfalls will be fixed? I'm speaking of course of crystals not appearing and heat synchs still falling into the base of the Scrapper arms.

I would also like to get back my weapon XP at arkfalls (didn't see it since I completed main game :( )

Sledgehammer70
06-03-2013, 04:10 PM

This is not a patch that would be downloaded, this is a server side update. It will go live this Wednesday.

Shiveria
06-03-2013, 04:23 PM
how come i didnt even haver to get this new patch? my patch notes still say 1.020 for some reason..... i didnt get a new patch

Dakirn
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
how come i didnt even haver to get this new patch? my patch notes still say 1.020 for some reason..... i didnt get a new patch

He just said in the post above you it is server side only and goes live WEDNESDAY.

Ravetown
06-03-2013, 04:28 PM

Why even read the thread or the last post, amirite?

Durva360
06-03-2013, 04:33 PM

LOL? How could anyone NOT kill it in under 3 minutes.

Recoz
06-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Fixed a case where you could get instant shield regeneration

I met two players using this glitch in pvp , they should be banned, their gamertag is "oktus2k11" "Daviditfc"

CrazyBard
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM
The reason they made the matron easier was probably too many QQs about the timed pursuit.

But that's why it's a pursuit surely, because it's a challenge :/ It only took 2-3 attempts to do it (the two times I did it anyway) and that was purely down to finding a half-decent team that could work out to focus fire on the Matron and not run around trying to shoot the stupid bugs.

I'm all for things being achievable, but jesus h christ, we surely can't spoon feed everyone.. can we? :(

marshy
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
But that's why it's a pursuit surely, because it's a challenge :/ It only took 2-3 attempts to do it (the two times I did it anyway) and that was purely down to finding a half-decent team that could work out to focus fire on the Matron and not run around trying to shoot the stupid bugs.

I'm all for things being achievable, but jesus h christ, we surely can't spoon feed everyone.. can we? :(

I had a good team of random people when I did it. They knew to focus the attack on the monarch and we got that one. And the same with the matron. It's easy with the rite team

cusman
06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
With patch 1.020 in the wild we now are prepping patch 1.021 for release. This patch is the most substantial minor patch to date, and the changes the team was able to resolve within this patch are fairly significant.

We continue to work on remaining issues the community is reporting and that our team is finding, and plan to continue minor server side patches on a weekly basis.

DEFIANCE Patch 1.021
- Data recorder associated with the Svushinnira event Vagabond mission now able to be grabbed by all members in a group.
- One of the Mutant Rifleman was not always attacking players properly. He is smarter now.
- The Alamo in San Francisco had some periodic issues with Dark Matter guys popping in and out which is now fixed.
- Contracts page will no longer get locked after completing all daily and weekly Contracts.

Very happy that Perks slots vacant will be fixed as well as the Rocket Launchers that sort after Semi-Auto Snipers will start getting XP. I love using the VBI Guided Launcher.

PS - I do like the new Sieges, but even more the new Emergencies (the ones that are working).

Wtflag
06-03-2013, 04:59 PM
This patch looks like it is to going to address some of the most annoying bugs bugging me.

If they pull it off without a hitch, very good job Trion.

mrbruce300
06-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Why Why Why?????????? It's already easy as anything. Just have to get the group to skip the cut scene and it's a snap to do.

Thedjectivenoun
06-03-2013, 06:11 PM

DEFIANCE Patch 1.021

15+ hour patch Wednesday?

Commandermech
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Reduced the difficulty of the matron lol she is the easiest co-op boss lol wow might as well make motherload die in 5 shots this is insane.

Turley
06-03-2013, 07:07 PM

Why it wasn't even that hard? I guess people don't like challenges that much anymore

Umbra Warrior
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM

I dunno, but I kind of wish he stayed in. Brings a little bit of spooooooookiness to the game. Oooh, since they're adding zombies let's add ghosts too!

dominad
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
15+ hour patch Wednesday?
I better finish the game before then :(

DejaVooDoo
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I dunno, but I kind of wish he stayed in. Brings a little bit of spooooooookiness to the game. Oooh, since they're adding zombies let's add ghosts too!

I never encountered him, but I wish I had. They should not only bring him back, but put one in each region. Then give some kind of bounty (a lockbox with broken drop rates until they get their heads right) for anyone who actually kills him.

A s0t
06-03-2013, 08:36 PM

DEFIANCE Patch 1.021

when is patch 1.022 to fix every thing that 1.021 broke??

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-03-2013, 08:40 PM
when is patch 1.022 to fix every thing that 1.021 broke??

It will come after extensive "play testing" just like all the others

tuckerpb
06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
- Fixed a Plague event Emergency where not all of the assets were spawning correctly. -nope. people in the clan are saying they are comming to emergcys that are there but nothing else.

- Fix for Perks not remaining in their proper slot after loading. -nope still disapearing

- Reduced the difficulty of the Matron in Island of Lost Soldiers for groups. -why?

- Fixed a situation where a few weapons would not get XP when used. This included the VOT Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, and the Hydra Launcher. - nope still no xp on guided or hydra weapon

actually this is programmers at trion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3pPczN9INuk

DejaVooDoo
06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
- Fixed a Plague event Emergency where not all of the assets were spawning correctly. -nope. people in the clan are saying they are comming to emergcys that are there but nothing else.

- Fix for Perks not remaining in their proper slot after loading. -nope still disapearing

- Reduced the difficulty of the Matron in Island of Lost Soldiers for groups. -why?

- Fixed a situation where a few weapons would not get XP when used. This included the VOT Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, and the Hydra Launcher. - nope still no xp on guided or hydra weapon

actually this is programmers at trion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3pPczN9INuk

Nope. Patch doesn't go live until Wednesday. If you're going to quote a post, read it.

tuckerpb
06-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Nope. Patch doesn't go live until Wednesday. If you're going to quote a post, read it.

ik i admit that was a mistake on my part thinking that just did it.

Nefarious
06-03-2013, 10:56 PM
When are we going to see a fixes for cloak and infectors?? Cause ya know...umm..everyone has been pointing out of how ****ing lame and overpowered they are since day one. Yet nothing has been addressed.

Whats up with that?

KeevanSixx
06-03-2013, 11:02 PM
so far so good, sledge. any ETA on the voice chat fix?

BreadBox
06-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Thank god if they fix the self-unequipping perk thing..It's really friggen annoying that I have to re-equip perks all the time.

Menieth
06-04-2013, 12:32 AM
thx for this news ..

i just have to ask one thing - will you be doing something also with patcher? Couse its quite boring for me to wait 5-10 minutes till i can start playing everytime i start it (too low load up speed, issues with switchable graphic card - reloading screen over and over again etc.)

Arsenic_Touch
06-04-2013, 12:35 AM
What about the ego spam? I see nothing about the ego spam pop up annoying message that got reverted with the last patch. You going to fix that too?

And what about clan chat bugging out and not being able to type anything without relogging?
Do you have a fix for this?

Good work on the perk thing, let's hope it sticks.

A s0t
06-04-2013, 12:37 AM
thx for this news ..

i just have to ask one think - will you be doing something also with patcher? Couse its quite boring for me to wait 5-10 minutes till i can start playing everytime i start it (too low load up speed, issues with switchable graphic card - reloading screen over and over again etc.)and the EULA that we hit ok on as well. (have yet to read it)

Raden
06-04-2013, 01:12 AM

Thank you!

Still not fixed...last perk is still unequiped when entering pvp or changing phase

Arsenic_Touch
06-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Still not fixed...last perk is still unequiped when entering pvp or changing phase

Patch doesn't go live until wednesday...

dreamon666
06-04-2013, 06:09 AM
FIX THE CLAN SYSTEM PLZ!!!! the clan chat always bugs out after a while and invites are broken then aswell!

FTF RoGuE
06-04-2013, 06:35 AM
The perks thing was happening all the time for me. I respec'd and put perks in different slots and it never happened since. Maybe just doing the latter might have done it.

Jinn Goodman
06-04-2013, 08:21 AM
So is there currently no fix for the PvP character outfit bug [for PS3, PC, and XBox] in patch 1.021?

(The bug that makes you unable to change your PvP outfit).

Silven
06-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Everything looks good especially this:

Hope it works!

3d Plague
06-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Matron was never a problem, perhaps have a slight increase of damage on the archers would be nice however i have never been unable to beat the mission.

Quorin
06-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Also please fix the pvp outfits I wanna wear my Echelon Operative outfit!

tactics
06-04-2013, 02:35 PM
crit hits w/ bolt action rifles does no damage but shows damage #s, shots 2 the body does normal damage.(not sure about semi auto rifles)
could u add this 2 ur patch please? thank you!

Sledgehammer70
06-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Patch release times are now posted: http://bit.ly/13T0g8D

Rawt
06-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Patch release times are now posted: http://bit.ly/13T0g8D

Very nice, thank you!

Iceberg
06-04-2013, 03:09 PM
crit hits w/ bolt action rifles does no damage but shows damage #s, shots 2 the body does normal damage.(not sure about semi auto rifles)
could u add this 2 ur patch please? thank you!

You have gunslinger perk equipped?

Julia Tarkova
06-04-2013, 04:03 PM
i'll try this patch before i officially Declare "defiance is dead to me"

1 customer Support is very Slow and Not helpful Let alone understanding an issue i clearly told them about.

2 trion for not testing the bugs properly before releasing "which is a must especially if it conflicts with other patches"

their "Hot Patch" they did for double loot Week End Caused my issue that i am sure of because of the fact that i was able to connect perfectly fine up to the point that they released that hot fix last friday.

but as i said before i give up on defiance and pretty much wasted to much cash on it and should of waited before they fixed "Everything" before i wasted what i spent so eh im not gonna spend another dime on defiance till i see trion working on my connection issue properly.

Sony PS3 users had the issue where it wouldn't allow them to log on and Apparently in one of their patches that was resolved and no thanks to their "hot fix" i and probably Several others can't log in at all because of it.

im litterally furious with the customer support atm that im litterally gonna go outside and shoot my 50 cal and cool off Chow Every one.

and @Sledge Hammer Pass this To the bug team if you can to Tell them to think before they do another Hot fix again they need to properly Test the hot fix before it messes up another thing that wasn't broken already.

Also Tell them that the Same "Log in issue" has popped up on the Xbox 360 NA version i and 5 friends + 96 of their friends has the same issue and we all got the same that your customer support team thought was the issue its an obvious assumption that if theirs an issue with xbox live or our internet connection we all turn to the modem.

but since Defiance Runs on a server 100% of the time with no Offline mode along with the patching teams inexperience to properly test my advice on that is to get highly experienced patchers the ones you have currently don't know how to patch properly since they cause way to many bugs than a patcher from say Elderscrolls THQ Capcom etc i could go on but ik if i do i'd get my post removed lol... but just make sure they understand how i and allot of the fanbase are feeling with all these bugs and glitches i know theirs allot that left because of the inexperience that this patching team has....

Commandermech
06-04-2013, 04:20 PM
i'll try this patch before i officially Declare "defiance is dead to me"

1 customer Support is very Slow and Not helpful Let alone understanding an issue i clearly told them about.

2 trion for not testing the bugs properly before releasing "which is a must especially if it conflicts with other patches"

their "Hot Patch" they did for double loot Week End Caused my issue that i am sure of because of the fact that i was able to connect perfectly fine up to the point that they released that hot fix last friday.

but as i said before i give up on defiance and pretty much wasted to much cash on it and should of waited before they fixed "Everything" before i wasted what i spent so eh im not gonna spend another dime on defiance till i see trion working on my connection issue properly.

Sony PS3 users had the issue where it wouldn't allow them to log on and Apparently in one of their patches that was resolved and no thanks to their "hot fix" i and probably Several others can't log in at all because of it.

im litterally furious with the customer support atm that im litterally gonna go outside and shoot my 50 cal and cool off Chow Every one.

and @Sledge Hammer Pass this To the bug team if you can to Tell them to think before they do another Hot fix again they need to properly Test the hot fix before it messes up another thing that wasn't broken already.

Also Tell them that the Same "Log in issue" has popped up on the Xbox 360 NA version i and 5 friends + 96 of their friends has the same issue and we all got the same that your customer support team thought was the issue its an obvious assumption that if theirs an issue with xbox live or our internet connection we all turn to the modem.

but since Defiance Runs on a server 100% of the time with no Offline mode along with the patching teams inexperience to properly test my advice on that is to get highly experienced patchers the ones you have currently don't know how to patch properly since they cause way to many bugs than a patcher from say Elderscrolls THQ Capcom etc i could go on but ik if i do i'd get my post removed lol... but just make sure they understand how i and allot of the fanbase are feeling with all these bugs and glitches i know theirs allot that left because of the inexperience that this patching team has....

I really hope the patch fixes your problem.

Jinn Goodman
06-04-2013, 04:45 PM
So is there currently no fix for the PvP character outfit bug [for PS3, PC, and XBox] in patch 1.021?

(The bug that makes you unable to change your PvP outfit).I really wish someone would answer my question.

Bentu
06-04-2013, 04:46 PM

DEFIANCE Patch 1.021

Nothing about Steer and look assigned to the same analogue stick.

Thanks for the rest though guys.

A Frikn Grizzly
06-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I will be soooooooo happy when my last perk stops disappearing!

SymbolicGamer
06-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Nothing about Steer and look assigned to the same analogue stick.

Thanks for the rest though guys.

And why wouldn't steer and look be assigned to the same stick?

That's not a bug.

Gratty
06-04-2013, 05:05 PM
I will be soooooooo happy when my last perk stops disappearing!

I hit 4k EGO and now my last 2 perks are dropping. Oh geez.

DawnFang
06-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Agreed. The Matron is not overpowered at all, IMO.

I feel like the problem with her was the burrowing. On one run she stayed under for around a minute and a half, and we had all the archers, skitterlings, and warriors dead. She just wouldn't surface. Other than that she's not a problem.

Igneus
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM

She was already too easy to defeat. Now what? We can kill her post-update by calling her names?

led corn lights
06-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I hope lots of people visit this site so they can easily learn this informative post.

JBoneFX
06-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Last perk : awesome

Misfit501
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM

Who is this you speak of, and how come I never ran into him? Thanks for the perk fix too!

Krymzon
06-04-2013, 11:39 PM
I concur with this assessment, I've come close to beating her like 5-6 times but she always burrows right before she dies and then doesn't pop up for like half a minute. I've run that instance boat loads..always the same thing. that burrowing guttersnipe!

Krymzon
06-04-2013, 11:40 PM
I feel like the problem with her was the burrowing. On one run she stayed under for around a minute and a half, and we had all the archers, skitterlings, and warriors dead. She just wouldn't surface. Other than that she's not a problem.
I concur with this assessment, I've come close to beating her like 5-6 times but she always burrows right before she dies and then doesn't pop up for like half a minute. I've run that instance boat loads..always the same thing. that burrowing guttersnipe! Also sorry for the double post but I was trying to post with quote and apparently it doesn't like me enough to do so the first time...

Turantula
06-05-2013, 01:24 AM
So with the contracts not locking after completion are we able to keep earning towards vendors more than once a day or week?

Wtflag
06-05-2013, 01:46 AM
So with the contracts not locking after completion are we able to keep earning towards vendors more than once a day or week?

I highly doubt it.

240B GUNNER
06-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Have a problem with a Matron, equip a ground pounder. Problem solved.

Bentu
06-05-2013, 01:55 AM
And why wouldn't steer and look be assigned to the same stick?

That's not a bug.

All I can say is try it mate.

When driving and you try to turn left or right all you can see is the camera spinning around you.

Optmusprime
06-05-2013, 04:22 AM
any idea what time this patch goes live?

Jokerz_89
06-05-2013, 04:27 AM

6:00AM PT for EU
9:00AM PT for NA
...check server forums.

CrazyBard
06-05-2013, 04:28 AM

Server Update: June 5th 5:00PM PT - EU PC, PS3 & Xbox 360
We will be applying server patch 1.021 to the live NA PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 servers. We expect 1 hour of downtime. This update will NOT require a download as this patch is server side.

Server Update:
Date: June 5th, 2013
Time: 5:00PM PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
Patch 1.021: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...21-Patch-Notes

or

Server Update: June 5th 9:00AM PT - NA PC, PS3 & Xbox 360
We will be applying server patch 1.021 to the live NA PC, Xbox 360 & PS3 servers. We expect 1 hour of downtime. This update will NOT require a download as this patch is server side.

Server Update:
Date: June 5th, 2013
Time: 9:00AM PT
Duration: 1 hour

Patch Notes:
Patch 1.021: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...21-Patch-Notes

PeterPolaski
06-05-2013, 06:13 AM
wow and only took you twits 2 months to fix **** that should have been fixed in the first 2 weeks. to little to late the damage is already done.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcfa74KV2K1rjbhsto1_500.jpg
Anyone else thirsty?

Re1gn
06-05-2013, 06:49 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered but yesterday some clan mates and I were in Mt. Tam doing the new emergencies and working on pursuits for the Med Tech Buggy. We saw an emergency called Triage, this was the second one I had seen (spoilers?) and you have to scan 4 patients then monitor them.

On the second one the patients did not appear so you couldn't scan them to begin the emergency, maybe this is what the fix is for?

Thearl
06-05-2013, 07:15 AM
She was already too easy to defeat. Now what? We can kill her post-update by calling her names?

Maybe its for the people that want to kill her with sawed off shotguns?

rk89019
06-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Someone sell me a legendary saw I have 350k on 360 GT: Slimgoblin

Myst
06-05-2013, 08:50 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcfa74KV2K1rjbhsto1_500.jpg
Anyone else thirsty?

Hahah wow...

stoner650
06-05-2013, 08:56 AM
So when I am nowhere near an emergency, arkfall, etc. I get this floating ghost credit that counts towards my contracts. And I have neither contributed nor cooperated to the emergency. So I would appreciate a fix so that I can appropriately acquire contract credit on my own.

los77
06-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Can you PLEASE stop making this game any easier. Noobs expect to get everything right away without learning game and Grinding? Game is ridiculously easy already now you make the matron easier? I already can get over 200 kills on that level, matron was only somewhat challenging part of that level. Another easy co-op mission i will no longer do,thanks. Since you borrow/copy from borderlands already, why don't you copy the part where you can replay the main mission story over again in a much more advanced,harder difficulty setting. That way the good,hardcore players can stay challenged while the babies can just play the easy version that already exist.

BwG_CyberGhosT
06-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the update.

los77
06-05-2013, 09:08 AM
@ 3d Plague. You wrote,Matron was never a problem for you but unable to beat mission? Your stupid.

RiotMT
06-05-2013, 09:13 AM
The rewards area of the completion dialog for major arkfalls needs to be expanded as the bottom reward is cut off and there is no way to scroll that section.

Agree! I have same issue

Julluh Gyabire
06-05-2013, 09:19 AM

This excites me the most. Just annoyed me to no end.

Me and that guy hung out all the time... and now one of us has to move on...

This I do not understand. The strategy was extremely easy to follow... no spoilers but caves are cool

RiotMT
06-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Are we gonna be able to change our competitive skins for multiplayer?

I hope this gets fixed. Still using originals LOL

WOODY Killer of NIM
06-05-2013, 09:32 AM
yes every time ya quick travelled it would leave one perk slot empty. lasted about 150 levels.

Durr Raan
06-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Are we ever gonna get elemental events like Razor Rain happening in game? I for one would find it a challenge to find cover and stay safe during this type event

WOODY Killer of NIM
06-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I agree with that campaign is too easy going through it for the 5th time had to start new ark hunter, got tiried of ease but just as easy.

clutchcocobean
06-05-2013, 09:38 AM
maybe its just to fix the glitch where you dont progress after killing her

BJWyler
06-05-2013, 09:39 AM
You should know by now that the majority of the playerbase in Defiance is not very good. They have a hard time killing ridiculously easy bosses.

This just shows how easy games are by todays standards compared to lets say 10+ years ago.

Can you PLEASE stop making this game any easier. Noobs expect to get everything right away without learning game and Grinding? Game is ridiculously easy already now you make the matron easier? I already can get over 200 kills on that level, matron was only somewhat challenging part of that level. Another easy co-op mission i will no longer do,thanks. Since you borrow/copy from borderlands already, why don't you copy the part where you can replay the main mission story over again in a much more advanced,harder difficulty setting. That way the good,hardcore players can stay challenged while the babies can just play the easy version that already exist.

Well that just goes to show you how society and the gaming community has changed in the last 10+ years (and more really). This is gaming in the 21st Century. People just need to learn to accept the fact that the casual gaming community is the bread and butter of the industry and that bread and butter does not find banging one's head against a brick wall time and again an enjoyable experience. They want to get in and get out within a relatively short period of free time in a game and feel like they accomplished something. Now, that doesn't preclude offering gamers difficulty settings for which they can choose the method of playing they find enjoyable, but as we have seen, the MMO genre has been lagging behind in that respect. Hopefully, we can see more games implement that feature in the future in order to allow players to play the game on the level they find the most enjoyable.

Xynnvincible
06-05-2013, 09:40 AM

win

BJWyler
06-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Are we ever gonna get elemental events like Razor Rain happening in game? I for one would find it a challenge to find cover and stay safe during this type event

Yeah ... no. It's already a PIA enough to get from Point A to Point B when my roller pops like a balloon on every emergency piece of roadblock on the way. I don't want events that prevent me from actually playing something I want to play on a part of the map I want to play on.

Khyber
06-05-2013, 10:02 AM
The Matron is overpowered??? WOW!!!!:confused:

Xazur
06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
The Matron is overpowered??? WOW!!!!:confused:

Some players do have trouble in the boss fight, mainly because as the fliers bomb you, with the bio goo, the Matron will also fire at the players which pretty much can sometimes 1 shot players if hit multiple times.

Kind of like in Motherlode, if you don't kill the mobs spawning while fighting boss, you will be aimbotted to death by them.

Etny
06-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Wonderful job guys! I know it is so hard and you all manage to figure out the matrix.

-Smart people make dumb people have fun. I like to have fun.

Cephious
06-05-2013, 10:18 AM

lol to anyone that was asking that the Matron be easier...

EDIT: I would also love to see the dreaded 'ego spam' disappear once and for all.

darkrose50
06-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I run in pick-up-groups (PUGs). The Matron was the last cooperative checkmark I needed in the entire cooperative instance category.

I read that the 3 minute countdown starts before the cinematic ends. Esc (the escape key on the PC keyboard) often does not bypass a cinematic (some it does, others it does not . . . rather annoying as it says press the Esc key to bypass this cinematic). I cannot skip The Matron cinematic . . . ever. They need to fix the ability to skip a cinematic.

So perhaps the complainers about the pre 1.21 difficulty are on the PC, and the whiners about lowering the difficulty are not. Remember this is a cross-platform game. Some controls are wonky in some formats.

I needed a group that is willing to fight the boss. Sometimes folks, myself included, would sometimes rather rack up kill counts or experience damage. For me, this achievement took the longest out of all the cooperative instance achievements. I passed this with a grenade launcher (the one that explodes and creates three smaller explosions) and overcharge. I needed the right weapon, I needed the right power, and I required cooperation from the PUG. I found this achievement to be quite annoying.

I would imagine this achievement would be “a joke” in a premade group, with communication, and planning. A PUG is another story . . . you never know what you will get.

N7ShadowWarrior
06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
When will you b Sorting out the bug were you cant access your competitive outfits?

Cephious
06-05-2013, 10:38 AM
When will you be sorting out the bug were you can't access your competitive outfits?

I would love an answer to this as well.

Luffy490
06-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Nice updates for me :cool:

I hope the last perk slot will finally work this time.

XP fix for guided launchers and VOT mass cannon? Glad I kept mine.

As for the Matron, I don't really care if you lower the difficulty. I've already completed the pursuit for her. Some players didn't like that change, but I doubt it matters much to just make updates to one-side of the gaming community. I HOPE you guys make another final boss tougher than Nim Shondu/Jackleg Joe. They were fun.

Also, would you consider to add a boss arena with the toughest bosses in the game? :) 1v1 only.

It's a pain to replay the whole story mission to fight Nim again.

Agonist
06-05-2013, 10:50 AM
This is live now?

Xazur
06-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Forgot to add something to patch notes. Death from above and In the trenches now require player to be at least 2 meters above or below the enemy.

Cavadus
06-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Forgot to add something to patch notes. Death from above and In the trenches now require player to be at least 2 meters above or below the enemy.

This happened with 1.020 I believe. I specifically remember it because of all the PvPers QQing that landing shots at the apex of a jump no longer granted them those damage bonuses.

baelrusk
06-05-2013, 11:39 AM
This is live now?

I'd like to know that as well. Saw the post on twitter that they were starting it "in 10 minutes" with an expected 1 hour down time. That was over 2 hours ago, and no notice yet on it being back up.

Sledgehammer70
06-05-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd like to know that as well. Saw the post on twitter that they were starting it "in 10 minutes" with an expected 1 hour down time. That was over 2 hours ago, and no notice yet on it being back up. Servers came back online at 10:06am

Iceberg
06-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Last perk seems to be sticking, so far. Zoned in and out of a co-op, switched some guns, and the perk stayed and works. Although my first load out had some major problems with weapons not being right but I guess its a step forward.

CMac001
06-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I noticed that my default (number 1 or Machinist) loadout had changed weapons and dropped the first 4 of 5 perks that I have on this build (it had substituted a pistol for the bolt action sniper rifle I was using in the primary slot and put a random bolt action sniper rifle in the secondary slot (don't know if it matters but it is a machinist build and I had converted the default weapons to ark resources shortly after starting this character). The perks have held since I reset them. Hopefully they will stay that way.

Nowimonthegrid
06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I noticed that my default (number 1 or Machinist) loadout had changed weapons and dropped the first 4 of 5 perks that I have on this build (it had substituted a pistol for the bolt action sniper rifle I was using in the primary slot and put a random bolt action sniper rifle in the secondary slot (don't know if it matters but it is a machinist build and I had converted the default weapons to ark resources shortly after starting this character). The perks have held since I reset them. Hopefully they will stay that way.

Having almost identical problem. Using only loadouts 2 through 5 till this is fixed. It has reset on me 3 times now and seems to be resetting when i log back in after doing competitive multiplayer in the previous gameplay session. Can't confirm that for sure but it's atleast something to look into

Thrasher_P
06-05-2013, 12:28 PM
My VIB guided launcher cannot gain xp still.

The Mung Bard
06-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Did the draw distance get reduced in the patch? Mine is suddenly only about 30m out before stuff disappears.

Rodney
06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
I run in pick-up-groups (PUGs). The Matron was the last cooperative checkmark I needed in the entire cooperative instance category.

I read that the 3 minute countdown starts before the cinematic ends. Esc (the escape key on the PC keyboard) often does not bypass a cinematic (some it does, others it does not . . . rather annoying as it says press the Esc key to bypass this cinematic). I cannot skip The Matron cinematic . . . ever. They need to fix the ability to skip a cinematic.

So perhaps the complainers about the pre 1.21 difficulty are on the PC, and the whiners about lowering the difficulty are not. Remember this is a cross-platform game. Some controls are wonky in some formats.

I needed a group that is willing to fight the boss. Sometimes folks, myself included, would sometimes rather rack up kill counts or experience damage. For me, this achievement took the longest out of all the cooperative instance achievements. I passed this with a grenade launcher (the one that explodes and creates three smaller explosions) and overcharge. I needed the right weapon, I needed the right power, and I required cooperation from the PUG. I found this achievement to be quite annoying.

I would imagine this achievement would be “a joke” in a premade group, with communication, and planning. A PUG is another story . . . you never know what you will get.

VERY WELL SAID!
Not every one has friends that they can call on or a clan with people even logged in to do those "runs" and PUGs (Pick Up Group) is our only choice. (lets face it, most random groups don't even have head sets so even communication is not even possible. and then there is always that 1 player that thinks they know it all and just refuse to even try to work with the group and just try to "run and gun" as if they where playing in a PvP mach...

Reverend Blood
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
So... when are you going to do the roll back to fix the first loadout slot?

greatdividers
06-05-2013, 02:19 PM
So... when are you going to do the roll back to fix the first loadout slot?

i see you continue to troll and post useless crap. why would a roll back be needed to fix the first loadout?

Reverend Blood
06-05-2013, 02:32 PM
i see you continue to troll and post useless crap. why would a roll back be needed to fix the first loadout?

Wow, you hurl insults, and ask an ignorant question, yet seem to think I'm the troll. Here, I'll save you the work so you can continue your laziness:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?85473-loadout-glitch
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?85536-so-did-the-update-fix-stuff&p=785128&viewfull=1#post785128
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?85508-You-fix-one-perk-slot-and-mess-up-a-whole-loadout-Really

But for future reference, here ya go:
http://i.imgur.com/Ts0uS85.png

born2beagator
06-05-2013, 02:33 PM
So no fix to the extreme lag on sieges.

Oh well, looks like I will avoid them for a while longer

greatdividers
06-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Wow, you hurl insults, and ask an ignorant question, yet seem to think I'm the troll. Here, I'll save you the work so you can continue your laziness:

thanks for entirely missing the point of my post even though it was incredibly clear. instead of asking you a question i'll just spell it out to avoid confusing you, again.

a roll back is not needed to fix a loadout bug.

Syrzier
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm running into many issues since the patch. 1st loadout keeps changing and not only perks, but unequiping my vehicle as well. I'm having issues with missions that glitch out by spawning an endless stream of enemies therefore making it so the mission can't be completed. And no it's not that I'm having trouble killing them it's that I have to clear the area to complete and since they never stop it never completes. Also sometimes my weapons stop working. I can't fire or reload or switch weapons. If I open the menu and switch through loadouts they start working again but that's not always practical. Also still no exp with my rocket launchers. Overall I'm pretty mad with this patch. Seems to have fixed nothing and broke many things.

PitBull76
06-05-2013, 03:08 PM

This one confused me. Did people actually have that much trouble with her? The group I was in last night beat her in about a minute and I never even got a scratch on me. Making her easier just makes her pointless.

Hopefully the perks patch will stop them from unequiping...at least I hope that's what they were saying.

PitBull76
06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
So no fix to the extreme lag on sieges.

Oh well, looks like I will avoid them for a while longer

probably takes more than a day to find and fix an issue.

greatdividers
06-05-2013, 03:14 PM
probably takes more than a day to find and fix an issue.

the issue isn't on Trion's end for the xbox siege lag, it's a hardware issue. i'm sure they will band-aid it as best they can but i can only see (xbox)One way that will fix it :p

bio10656
06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
what about the pvp costume change option not working

ColapsN7
06-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Norm Up-date:rolleyes:.

Ridilen
06-05-2013, 05:13 PM
the issue isn't on Trion's end for the xbox siege lag, it's a hardware issue. i'm sure they will band-aid it as best they can but i can only see (xbox)One way that will fix it :p

Not trying to pick a fight, but how do you know it's the hardware? Has Trion stated this?

I am only concerned because I am on a XBOX360.

Alexri
06-05-2013, 05:14 PM
It's so fun being thrown out of the server in the middle of doing something because someone forgot to announce the server was being shut down

ColapsN7
06-05-2013, 05:15 PM
В скором временем сделают, не все СРАЗУ ! постепенно

In a short time, do not all at once! gradually.

Pipes
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Well we Europeans dont have the patch yet but after reading this , on behalf of evrryone in Britain can you just not bother and we will just have 1.089 when the game is so full of bugs that it cant fit anymore in.

Not looking forward to this at all.

baelrusk
06-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Not trying to pick a fight, but how do you know it's the hardware? Has Trion stated this?

Besides, it doesn't even matter if it "is" the hardware.
If it's released on a platform, it should work correctly on that platform.

Arsenic_Touch
06-05-2013, 05:48 PM
How on earth did you manage to screw up the first loadout slot, Trion?

Gratty
06-05-2013, 05:51 PM
How on earth did you manage to screw up the first loadout slot, Trion?

I would LOVE to see a response to that

HardLuck
06-05-2013, 06:29 PM
When I reload my secondary slot (any weapon) and switch back to my primary, then back to my secondary, it's empty. Secondary will not hold full load. Also, vehicle menu needs fixing:

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu39/SaddleTrampNC/DEFIANCE/Vehicles/vehilce_menu1060.jpg (http://s631.photobucket.com/user/SaddleTrampNC/media/DEFIANCE/Vehicles/vehilce_menu1060.jpg.html)

Ol Devious One
06-05-2013, 06:37 PM
When I reload my secondary slot (any weapon) and switch back to my primary, then back to my secondary, it's empty. Secondary will not hold full load. Also, vehicle menu needs fixing:

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu39/SaddleTrampNC/DEFIANCE/Vehicles/vehilce_menu1060.jpg (http://s631.photobucket.com/user/SaddleTrampNC/media/DEFIANCE/Vehicles/vehilce_menu1060.jpg.html)

I'd ride a rocket launcher into a Monarch. Maybe this way the Monarch would explode first.

Gratty
06-05-2013, 07:08 PM
I'd ride a rocket launcher into a Monarch. Maybe this way the Monarch would explode first.

And then I could ride my Incendiary down the road leaving only fire and destruction in my wake.

Bored Peon
06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Now that my loadout perks stopped unequipping themselves can I have my car back?

Yeah looks like the bug shifted to unequipping your vehicle, Annoying, but not as bad as losing perks.

Remag Div
06-05-2013, 08:06 PM
What's wrong with the 1st loadout slot?

Everything was the same for me except my vehicle was unequipped and I had a different last perk. I fixed them and so far so good.

dominad
06-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Some feedbac for Trion after the patch these ones from my end seem to still not be fixed:

Reduces game server crashes - Still happens but I guess you did say reduces seems to be around the same though.
- Fixed a Plague event Emergency where not all of the assets were spawning correctly. - Seems better but the dead enemies now stay spawned in the air?
- Fix for Perks not remaining in their proper slot after loading. - Still not right and the other slots are now dropping items.
- Fixed a situation where a few weapons would not get XP when used. This included the VOT Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, and the Hydra Launcher. - Mass cannon not upgrading

deputy dog 43
06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
i keep getting patch error

GiantInMaine
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Horrible patch broke more stuff then it seemed to fix. My first loadout use to be two saws now every time i get disconnected it puts an orange shotgun in both slots the same exact one in both and my car is constantly disappearing. So basically I just threw away my first loadout because it's usually unless i want to redo it every time I freeze or disconnect which is a lot. I think this game is fun but it's getting worse and worse it seems.

Oh yeah and now instead of last perk disappearing it's just the first perk in the first loadout. At least all the problems are tied to that loadout i guess...

baelrusk
06-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Horrible patch broke more stuff then it seemed to fix

Get used to it. It happens often.
I think I saw that a 'hotfix' being done today. Why can't people just call them patches already.....

Nimeria
06-06-2013, 06:22 AM
.....Getting the feeling I'm going to become very far behind in Episode Missions on my 360 character if the Crit Error glitch still hasn't been fixed yet. -_-;;

greenmonster714
06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
A fix for the constant disconnections should be top priority. I think that is the only real issue I have with this game. Nothing!....Is more frustrating than playing along and POOF!...your gone. I kept count one night and it about 8 hours of gameplay I was dropped 11x. I shout nasty names at Trion and luckily they fail to hear me...lol. I hope this is either fixed or at least much better now. Off to play in Paradise.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Trion has, in fact, said the opposite:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?84014-Sieges-Lag-and-Timeout-Errors&p=771856&viewfull=1#post771856

angryglock
06-06-2013, 03:21 PM
I noticed today that the cost to reset weapons is now a flat 10,000 Arkfall regardless of the level of the weapon. Is this intended? I saw nothing about it in the patch notes and that setting will inform how I manage my weapons. If the cost is supposed to scale then I want to keep low level weapons for leveling.

HitmanRik
06-07-2013, 01:40 AM
The other day my clan mates and I completed the matron in under 3 minutes, we actually did it in record time just so I could get the armour........ At the end I got no armour. So in fact have they made the matron easier and broken it at the same time? I also have the same problem with Desuko. They are the only 2 things left I need to complete the co-op persuit.

Assasino
06-07-2013, 04:26 AM
I am still getting freezes anywhere from 1 minute to 2 in Arkfalls after i switch weapon loadout and it also happened at a Siege yesterday at Bolina's. I hope to somehow capture the footage and send it off to tech support this is really my only major issue as of now

MaxSterling
06-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Disconnects have not been fixed at all. I dare say they actually got worse...

NamcoManic
06-09-2013, 08:34 PM
I honestly had to quit playing defiance because of all this patching, my counsel seems to stop downloading and reload it all over again, my rate of downloading is around a 1.68, and once I reach half way, I have to reload the whole thing again. I'm getting nowhere with this, can someone please help me out with this. :(

Omnifarious Xji
06-09-2013, 09:46 PM
I honestly had to quit playing defiance because of all this patching, my counsel seems to stop downloading and reload it all over again, my rate of downloading is around a 1.68, and once I reach half way, I have to reload the whole thing again. I'm getting nowhere with this, can someone please help me out with this. :(

Get better Internet?

Andy UFC fan
06-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Get better Internet?

WOW you're really helpful I bet he didn't think of that!

drackiller
06-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Is anyone having problems with the keyboard after 1.021 ?
Since the patch every time i hit the ENTER key the Dualshock stops working :(

Fiasko
06-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but I cannot find a fix to get the new patch to....patch. I left my machine on for hours. Nothing. I can cancel or pause, but it has disconnected and I have had to restart it (no other choice when it finally froze) with the screen that says "SAVING CONTENT. PLEASE DON'T TURN OFF YOUR SYSTEM. I figured it didn't really matter since nothing had loaded anyway.

Is the solution to delete the game data and reinstall from scratch? I am playing on the PS3.

INCA
06-16-2013, 11:15 PM
The patch has done something adverse to the PC version. The data recorder for the 3rd Investigation mission does not spawn after you clear our all the enemies. As you approach where the recorder should be the proximity beacon disappears and the whole mission re-spawns, all the bugs, crooked Federation soldiers and infected horde re-spawn out of thin air right after you approach the failed data recorder spawn.

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get to San Francisco and now I know why. I was able to complete the 4th mission (inside the missile silo) without issue. But the 3rd mission is broken.

Please fix it so I can cross the bridge.

OneLUCKYshot
06-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry to ask I just got the game a few days ago, every time I log into play I get this update but when I hit update it blinks then says play. Does anyone know if that is normal or am I not downloading the update?

J_matt
06-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Sorry to ask I just got the game a few days ago, every time I log into play I get this update but when I hit update it blinks then says play. Does anyone know if that is normal or am I not downloading the update?

thats normal all its doing is connecting to server to check to make sure you have the updated patch to play the game is all

OkieGamer1313
06-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Actually this is a question . . . Do Xbox patches come out regularly (Monday mornings, every other Tuesday, etc) or as available? Got the game 3 weeks ago and loaded and played for couple of days. Then spent 2 wks in hospital. When I started the game this past Saturday it took 7.75 hours to load. Not complaining. Just wonder if I should check for patches on a particular day, like when I will be reading a good book and able to watch my Xbox so it doesn't time out. Thanks for your patience.

Escyos
06-18-2013, 08:59 AM
The patch should have had a hypnotic subliminal facet to get people to stop continually complaining on here.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-18-2013, 09:28 AM
The patch should have had a hypnotic subliminal facet to get people to stop continually complaining on here.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen someone suggest that people stop complaining about things that are broken. Excellent suggestion. Go have yourself a cookie.

Kwijeebou
06-19-2013, 11:38 PM
I just got back to this game after a while, and I'm trying to patch it. I'm currently on patch 1.021, but every time I try to patch it, it does a bunch of downloads, and then says "CRITICAL Patch Error". Is there a way to fix this? Do I have to uninstall everything?

jefftron20
06-20-2013, 03:01 PM
ya i has the same issue with pathc erropr i m litterly crying out of rager right now and i just got ut yesterday

shadowwithin
06-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Hi there I just got defiance on Xbox and updated the patch but when I start a new game all I get is a black screen and just audio some one please help

SynchroMystik
06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I would really like to change my competitive outfit.