PDA

View Full Version : Lagging really bad in sieges?

Smoky
06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Doing my first siege and I am lagging really bad. I'm going to estimate the lag at around 5 seconds. Enemies are hitting me when no enemies are around me.

XBOX
Diablo Station Siege

R69L
06-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I couldn't even reload or use the Y button. Then it lagged me out as it was going to complete so I didn't get credit for it. :/

Tango80
06-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah they definitely need to be optimized due to allot of explosive spamming.

Lets see a huge amount of players + Huge amount of infected + lots of explosions = Server Timed out / lag out the rear end.

Smoky
I was able to finish. I liked the rewards...I got 4 keys, 1 purple shield and 1 blue shield. Hope it was just a hiccup with the lag and it's not like that at the other sieges.

fubucious
too laggy just like when the game first started

Raider510
I had no lag what-so-ever on my Playstation. My screen was covered in people and enemies too. It was crazy.

- Lamarr

Smoky
06-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I had no lag what-so-ever on my Playstation. My screen was covered in people and enemies too. It was crazy.

- Lamarr
I'm on Xbox so maybe it's an Xbox Live problem??

hardy83
I'm on PC. It lagged a tiny amount when a new wave started, but other than that I had no issues.

I was at Diablo Station. I'll be doing more obviously and see.

Vanshee
That really was BAD! Guns wouldn't switch or reload,Blur wouldn't activate for about 5 seconds.

Kronik
06-03-2013, 01:22 PM
no lag on ps but i timed out. first time today it was due

Smoky
06-03-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm on PC. It lagged a tiny amount when a new wave started, but other than that I had no issues.

I was at Diablo Station. I'll be doing more obviously and see.
Yeah I was at Diablo station. How many people were at your siege. There were a ton at the one I was at. Maybe the number of players had something to do with it. It looked like even more people at this siege than I see at Major Arkfalls.

hardy83
06-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah I was at Diablo station. How many people were at your siege. There were a ton at the one I was at. Maybe the number of players had something to do with it. It looked like even more people at this siege than I see at Major Arkfalls.

Didn't really count, but the one I was at didn't seem to be as big as a major arkfall.
When another pops up I'll try a different area and seei.

Midori Oku
06-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I got disconnected three times. =/

Krapoton
06-03-2013, 01:28 PM
No lag at all on the pc version, 120 fps. Really smooth and fun.

Shtako
06-03-2013, 01:31 PM
HAD A HOOT N NANNY!!!

Around 60 people at the diablo station. Xbox 360 here. I feared the lag as much as the mobs =) I haven't seen that much lag since the first day playing a Night Elf in Kalemdor on the Whisperwind servers back in Nov 23rd of 2004! WoW hot ticket item ya got here Trion!

You might want to make it more like a shadowwar or have it that in the zone for consoles all explosive effects are minimized at the very least. Still the mobs and all that was fantastic your video advertising it was exciting and enjoyable. The only thing other than fixing the lag was this should have been done on Halloween for maximum BOO! factor. =)

But really all things considered? Grats Trion. I'm officially impressed.

Smoky
06-03-2013, 01:33 PM
So seems like this is an Xbox problem. Are there more people on the xbox Defiance servers?

Raider510
06-03-2013, 01:40 PM
That must have been weak with the lag. It seemed like there were more than 60 people playing on the playstation siege where I was and it was chaos but no lag.

On that note, does anyone know how many levels there are in siege mode and do you have to complete them all in order to beat siege mode?

- Lamarr

Albion
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
I couldn't even reload or use the Y button. Then it lagged me out as it was going to complete so I didn't get credit for it. :/

Same exact thing happened to me. Couldn't switch weapons, couldn't reload, and at time couldn't even fire my weapons at all. After the match completed, I was disconnected. This was on Xbox, and at Diablo Station.

greatdividers
06-03-2013, 01:50 PM
i apologize.... but

lolxbox

Meela
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Xbox. Quite a bit of lag. Hard time reloading and picking up loot but not totally unplayable. I was at kenn farm. Sometimes it seemed like I was close to disconnect. I loved it though!

Speedmetal890
06-03-2013, 01:54 PM
i was at Kenn Farm - Xbox 360 EU

it was laggy but playable, i put it down to the first ever siege, im sure it will be better :)

Well done guys very nice content!

Lord Zodiac
06-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Lag was terrible. couldn't switch weapons, reload or even shoot at one point. Then I got kicked, luckily I made it back on in time to get credit.

Myll_Erik
06-03-2013, 02:11 PM
We'll get some folks checking them out! Thanks for the info!

Cerne
06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
PS3 had small lag spikes of character stuttering is all i can describe it as they were short lil lag issues but still was rather annoying

XxNinjaSlothzxX
06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I never reply on these thing but I had no lag at all on Xbox and there was like 40-50 people there this was in San fan though.
Really enjoyed it and hope they keep up the good work.

Smoky
06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Just did the one in San Fran and there wasn't any lag. However there were fewer people than the one at Diablo Station.

Razor0217
06-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Everything was good until people came in and started to use launchers and noob tubers. Kinda annoying.

Raider510
06-03-2013, 02:39 PM
So after the now 2nd siege, it wasn't as big as my first one and was in a different location but it was definitely laggy. I was able to fire, change, and reload my weapons but the enemies weren't showing up where they were supposed to be. Then the kicker was getting booted and taking firever to get back into the game. Either way, it was still fun though, but some of the excitement is gone now. I am on playstation.

- Lamarr

hardy83
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
2nd siege, on PC, at Ken Farm. TONS of people.

The only "lag" I saw was player character models were slow to spawn when I ran to different areas, but my gameplay itself wasn't lagging at all.

Space_Monky
06-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Diablo Station on PS3 was lag city. i timed out twice and couldn't get back in time to get credit.
i think i will be doing these in the middle of night from now on...

Asrian
06-03-2013, 02:48 PM
First gen xbox...took up to 20 sec to summon my vehicle...crashed out twice, tried driving away and still horrendous lag far from any siege. It didnt let up until the sieges were over.

Asrian
06-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Also have a friend with a new gen xbox (3 months old) and she had little to no lag. We were in the same group and siege.

lllWARCHILDlll
06-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Fios. Complete lag. Three siege modes. 2 timed out. All a waste. Couldnt switch guns, couldnt reload, couldnt get firing animations, couldnt do jack squat.

And neither could any of my friends, and they are west coast and mid states. All lag, all having disconnects, all having same issues.

yorzle
06-03-2013, 02:54 PM
The lag is definitely there for me as well. In fact it is happening when I am not near a siege.

Also, I have noticed that there are enemies that are getting stuck in rocks or out of clipping zones. You can't hit them with infector grenades or melee attacks. It keeps the sieges from completing or moving to another stage.

Lastly, I have yet to find the Mt. Tam siege. I have travelled server to server for over an hour. I have done all the others multiple times and it has yet to appear. I am seeing other people have similar problems.

GoldenSky
On Xbox (1 year old) down the road from Mt.Tam @ a Triage Center. Horrible lag and I was only one there. On a side note there was an ArkFall going on near me. Can't wait until it is playable... sure looks awesome i bet :)

Raider510
Diablo Station on PS3 was lag city. i timed out twice and couldn't get back in time to get credit.
i think i will be doing these in the middle of night from now on...

I think I'll be joining you as I was on that level too and it was horrible lag. I usually am on at night also so hopefully it will change things up a bit. I'd just be worried about the amount of enemies coming at once in relation to the amount of people participating at a siege. I remember I was at an Arkfall once where it was disproportional and it took way longer than it should have to beat the Arkfall.

- Lamarr