PDA

View Full Version : My First Siege Experience

Chapel
06-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Took awhile to find one. I was searching like crazy and the community blog was pretty vague in how to go about finding these things. I finally stumbled upon one in Chinatown...it was epic. I was the first one there and was kinda scoping it out. 3 capture points and a few infected? Alright,I think I got this.

But that quickly changed when I looked up at one of the hills and saw a sea of infected charging at me. I knew I was going to die,but decided to hold my ground and empty all my ammo. The moment I emptied my assault rifle and swapped to my shotgun,which only had a round left,a bunch of people in the SPD Heavy Trooper outfits showed up and started sweeping the place. There were so many infected onscreen and so many rounds fired from all kinds of weapons,that the framerate dipped. But it was a more exciting dip than frustrating.

After all that intense and somewhat stressful action,the payoff was pretty nice. Over 10,000 XP,5 keycodes,1 blue and 1 purple shield. Dare I say that this might be a bit more fun than an arkfall? That's how I feel at least.

Raddyman
06-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Agreed! A refreshing change to Arkfalls.
And to top off a enjoyable experience:- 13k xp and a blue and purple.
BUT, now i cannot seem to stay connected. And im currently stuck i a loading screen, and have been for about 2 min. Servers be lagggged as hell at the mo.

Raider510
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Ok, so I wasn't imagining when I got over 30,000 XP. I couldn't tell if my eyes deceived me or not. Wow. talk about awesome. I was never a fan of the Arkfalls but now I see them irrelevant for me.

- Lamarr

Chapel
06-03-2013, 01:41 PM
As much as they throw at you,plus the cost of extracting if you constantly get overwhelmed,it makes sense to get paid like that.lol I hope they don't tweak or change that. But it seems to me that we're all getting a blue and a purple item. I also hope that doesn't change. This is definitely an event in which clan support would be a great benefit. Because it wasn't a whole lot of people that helped me. Just a decent size showed up and happened to be pretty well-equipped. As for the connection,I did actually lag a bit during that event. It was more of a weird rubber-banding type of thing like Battlefield 3,where you run in a certain direction and snap right back. Only happened a few seconds though. Haven't had any issues since then. I'm now going to try it again on the 360 version.lol

Raider510
06-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Yea, actually, I knew I got rewards but didn't even look until now. I got a few of both purple and blues from this mode. Makes it even better if you ask me. And to only imagine I only died once in all that fray, I'm pretty impressed considering my playing style.

Just hearing from the general discussion forum, the 360 version has really bad lag.

- Lamarr

Chapel
06-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Yea, actually, I knew I got rewards but didn't even look until now. I got a few of both purple and blues from this mode. Makes it even better if you ask me. And to only imagine I only died once in all that fray, I'm pretty impressed considering my playing style.

Just hearing from the general discussion forum, the 360 version has really bad lag.

- Lamarr

I'm about to find out.lol Hopefully it won't be too bad for me. I'm doing all this on a wireless connection too.

Sword
06-03-2013, 02:18 PM
i didn't get that much lag...
And i thought it was total chaos, LOVED IT!

Chapel
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
i didn't get that much lag...
And i thought it was total chaos, LOVED IT!

I just tried it on the 360 version and the lag was incredible. My character couldn't swap weapons,revive other players,or even complete a running animation. It was more like a slide on my heels.lol I immediately switched back to the PS3 version. I prefer the action-packed framerate drops.lol

GiantInMaine
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I had a bit of lag on ps3 but managed to complete 2 why is it completely unplayable on xbox?

Chapel
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM
I had a bit of lag on ps3 but managed to complete 2 why is it completely unplayable on xbox?

I think it's a combination of the Xbox servers not being ideal for MMOs,combined with the fact that there's more people playing Defiance on there. So once the Sieges went online,a large amount of players hopped on to do them. I think both systems could use a bit of a tweak to adjust the lag and also the frequency in which these Sieges spawn.

Raddyman
06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Gahhh, i LOVE Siege!

But 3 attempts at the one by Bug n Chug and all 3 times, it lets me relax and love it and then boom, laggg followed by boot.

Black_Adder_
06-04-2013, 12:10 AM
My first siege experience was "OMG, this is more fun than Freight Yard! Instead of 32 zombies fighting for 3 capture points now there are hundreds of them."
As soon as I'll get home will start looking for more sieges now.