PDA

View Full Version : Sieges--do you love em or hate em...

Frisco Kid
06-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I have to give kudos to Trion. The sieges with the afflicted are a blast. Sooooo much better than arkfalls. Loot was better, salvage was better--and anyone who wanted to wack away with launchers could go ahead and do it without spoiling the "crystal bites".

Only one question, do sieges permit weapons XP--did anyone notice if they gained a wep level during one. Would be interesting to see if that is also better than arkfalls.

One minor bug noted. On diablo siege, it did not reset to the blastpods on the phase I was on. I re-logged and it reset.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

GiantInMaine
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Anything that brings 2 or 3 hulkers to the party is cool with me. Afflicted ones at that.

Valentine
06-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Needs to be harder imo, make the zombies more aggressive and so far they hit hard, maybe just a tad more.

Love to see sieges with dark matter, raiders and such soon ^^ also I think the dark matter artillery base should be a siege in pvp =D

Eihder
06-03-2013, 03:33 PM
If they happened more often i could give you an opinion.

GiantInMaine
06-03-2013, 03:36 PM

I agree seem a bit too spread apart right now I imagine they didn't want to stress the heck out of the servers on the first day of release. Which apparently has happened anyway.

Jokerzwild
06-03-2013, 03:39 PM
I like them but they need to run smoother after the 4th phase there is so much lag I could pick up objects or switch my weapon. Once or twice was not able to move at all. On my 3rd siege I got booted the second I walked into the zone. Trion made a huge mistake when they didn't put in a way to decrease particle effects, it would run so much smoother if it wasn't rendering everyones bloody effects.

Arsenic_Touch
06-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Difficulty needs to go up. But they're fun.

Dakirn
06-03-2013, 04:16 PM
They can only do so much for difficulty with the AI needed to run all those mobs at once, especially since the sieges all seem to spawn at the same time.

Maybe they need to spread the Sieges out more so there is more system resources to handle all the NPCs so the plagued don't just stand around waiting to die.

Other than that, had no issues with the 2 I did. Lots of fun :)

CrazyBard
06-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Difficulty needs to go up. But they're fun.

This.

Been great fun so far and hoping we get more variety over the coming months, especially Volge and Dark Matter as I think they'd be even more hectic.

I also love the feedback you get from them. X points for killing and X points for an assists and X points for a capture and so on and so forth. They've been well done I think and looking forward to the missions when they go live.

Assasino
06-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Have not tried sieges yet and will go on until tomorrow but i am thinking it would be a good way to get the Sniper from the Shadows 3 were you need 5000 kills with a sniper rifle.

CrazyBard
06-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Have not tried sieges yet and will go on until tomorrow but i am thinking it would be a good way to get the Sniper from the Shadows 3 were you need 5000 kills with a sniper rifle.

That sounds like a plan! BMG could be good too, with so many clumped afflicted.

Frisco Kid
06-03-2013, 04:46 PM
BMG yes--but too fast paced for any good sniping. Need mass effect weps for most part--the see and spray auto guns, grenade/rockets--clip shotguns. Unless you are not interested in your score. Score seems to affect the loot reward at end of it all.

Better sniper opportunity is to get with a friend who is doing the final mission, stop at first attack point and snipe dark matter all day long while the scrappers work on them. You get double bang by wacking the dark matter and snipe counts. As well as leveling your skill in snipers. If you are in a clan, ask a clanmate to bring you along when they spawn them. Tons of fun and no large mass of folks attacking the targets you are trying to set up for headshots.

KjcKiesh
06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Sieges definitely give weapon xp cause I used one of the Hulkers as if it were the San Quentin one and shot it in the head multiple times with a Semi-Auto Sniper and got it to lvl 10, which was rather handy.
Sieges are also good for the Living to Kill V 5000 coop kills as well

strfish
06-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Love them but when people start joining it can get pretty bad. I just wish people would stop using grenade launchers.

Omnifarious Xji
06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Well, I currently hate them, because they won't allow me to play my game, every time a siege is active in the world. It makes the game unplayable for me.

Lord Zodiac
06-03-2013, 05:11 PM
I only need the bolinas one, I was just in it and got kicked, logged back in it was gone and I didn't get credit. So pissed.

Julian Terkar
06-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Do we know what happens if we fail a siege? Can you fail a siege?

JonDav
06-03-2013, 05:31 PM
I hopped on a did a few. Didn't get much lag. It's decent. Nowhere near as great as horde mode in Gears of War but cool little content for a game that desperately needed it.

Jack Johnson
06-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Zombies are all about that AE damage currently... which sucks because I don't have any good rocket or grenade launchers ATM >.<

I think when we get some other enemy sieges other weapons should feel more useful.

Ashlocke
06-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Sieges definitely give weapon xp cause I used one of the Hulkers as if it were the San Quentin one and shot it in the head multiple times with a Semi-Auto Sniper and got it to lvl 10, which was rather handy.
Sieges are also good for the Living to Kill V 5000 coop kills as well

Odd, I just logged out of the game having just completed my fourth siege and none of them gave my sub machine gun and assault rifle any weapon XP. Perhaps it's specifically the hulker and not the siege specific mobs that granted you XP?

As a side note, I like the sieges except for that. I imagine once I get the persuits I won't have much reason like arkfalls to do them other than for giggles.

jerodatgm
06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I've only been in one so far, Diablo Station from start to stage 7...then disconnected. :( Oh well, there will be more. I really enjoyed it. Surprised a bit by how much HP the zombies have. Loved seeing the masses of red dots on the radar.

My only question is whether the siege marker shows up on the world map or not (like arkfall or shadow war). I was right next to Diablo when it started, so I have no idea if finding one in progress is luck or can be done by using the map

Shada Mori
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Love the mechanic, love the gameplay, wish they happened a lot sooner/more often, can't wait for what I hope will be more variety of sieges in the future. Its a fun mechanic to me. I actually prefer it a bit to arkfalls.

My only question is whether the siege marker shows up on the world map or not (like arkfall or shadow war). I was right next to Diablo when it started, so I have no idea if finding one in progress is luck or can be done by using the map

They do, they have a unique blue icon on the map, quite large, very noticeable.

Cerne
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
i only have the one in san fransico to do however right before it was done (4 seconds on the clock) i dcd so of course didn't get credit so far im impressed as it is fun but i feel its just going to be another thing that causes massive disconnects like arkfalls

tony_andella
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM

they happen evry hour in all four locations listed in episode pursuit. they cause lag when they are about to fall but once up for a while lag will stop. they are fun but people and their launchers are just annoying.

_Peacemaker_
06-03-2013, 06:41 PM
If they didn't lag the entire world no matter where you are when they spawn I'd enjoy them. I'm able to do them and have placed top 5 on several giving me decent loot, but it takes forever to spawn your vehicle, get ammo from boxes, and switch weapons when a siege is going on even if you're not near one. I've read several people complaining that their client crashes when they enter a siege so that must be incredibly frustrating.

Much like the Shadow Wars it's a great idea, but apparently the server can't handle it. Too many people, too much going on and it doesn't run smooth.

Myria
06-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Credit where credit is due, I thought the sieges were pretty fun. Good addition, and I hope they stick around in one form or another and aren't just a temporary thing.

I do wish they took some coordination between players and were a bit tougher, but... Meh, not how this game is set up. That, and it'd really help if there was a way to tone down the visual noise some. Same with arkfalls sometimes as well. So many AoE weapons going off it's really hard to see anything to know what's going on. With the sieges it's even worse sometimes.

Lastly, I do wish there was an indicator to tell you when one was starting up -- or, better yet, giving you warning that one might be so you can get there. I don't really want to camp the spots waiting, nor do I want to watch the map. I've thought the same thing about major arkfalls. Maybe just a little indicator showing if any are active at the moment, something, anything, so you don't have to sit there and stare at the map or check it every two minutes.

_Peacemaker_
06-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Lastly, I do wish there was an indicator to tell you when one was starting up -- or, better yet, giving you warning that one might be so you can get there. I don't really want to camp the spots waiting, nor do I want to watch the map. I've thought the same thing about major arkfalls. Maybe just a little indicator showing if any are active at the moment, something, anything, so you don't have to sit there and stare at the map or check it every two minutes.

I see the siege icon on screen while playing. It's easy to see if you're looking at your full screen HUD. I don't have to go to the map to see it. It pops up just like an Ark Fall icon but blue, showing which direction it's in relative to you. I know it'd be better to have the EGO say something, give a preemptive countdown, or a more distinct HUD indicator, but that's what they gave us so far.

cusman
06-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I have to give kudos to Trion. The sieges with the afflicted are a blast. Sooooo much better than arkfalls. Loot was better, salvage was better--and anyone who wanted to wack away with launchers could go ahead and do it without spoiling the "crystal bites".

Only one question, do sieges permit weapons XP--did anyone notice if they gained a wep level during one. Would be interesting to see if that is also better than arkfalls.

One minor bug noted. On diablo siege, it did not reset to the blastpods on the phase I was on. I re-logged and it reset.

I gained Weapon Skill Level as well as Weapon XP while doing the Bolinas Siege. I went to town with my Bonfire Rocket launcher but there were few of us so only got to stage 4 so only got Blue loot rewards.

I also gained Weapon XP when I did the Diablo Oil Station Siege. We got to Stage 7 on that one so got better loot (Purple... better than my current bests).

born2beagator
06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Can't tell. My first experience was terrible due to ridiculous lag

Rakshasa
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Love 'em so far. Done 2 from start to finish, one at Diablo, one at Kenn Farm. Went through both perfectly with no problems. If they really are triggering them to start simultaneously, I'd like to see them change that and stagger the start times a bit. Otherwise, it's all good so far. Hulker Rodeo on the Kenn Farm is a blast. :D

Wondering if the lag/dc issues are console-related. I do have a fairly nice gaming PC, but my connect is feeble by today's standards, and yet I'm having no issues with lag or framerate. It's super busy, but performance is no worse than in a busy arkfall.

Chidy1776
06-03-2013, 08:23 PM

I was a little disapointed in zombiez at first because theyre in everything now. After i did one though i loved it! Trion does such a good job with open world content in this game and rift. I think they really hit that zombie horde feel, better than arkfals imo, its a close one with rifts though. Hope evryone else is enjoying them as much as me. ReLly a shame theyre temporary :/

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Plague is by far the best feature on defiance at the moment because of the the challenge. time limit and requires the help of others for success