PDA

View Full Version : The game is nigh unplayable for me.

Omnifarious Xji
06-03-2013, 04:35 PM
I have been booted 16 times in the last 30 minutes. I get booted after being in-game for about 30 seconds. I'm standing in the middle of nowhere, no people, no action, and I've got like 5 seconds of input lag. Clan chat is filled with people with the same problem. The game was fine before 2pm. Right after the first siege, it became so laggy, that I can barely do anything.

Miserere
06-03-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm on PC and it works fine for me. Must be something going on with the XBOX server. Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. :)

Omnifarious Xji
06-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm on PC and it works fine for me. Must be something going on with the XBOX server. Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. :)
Have you gone near any sieges yet?

Miserere
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM

Yup. Worked fine for me. I could be one of the lucky ones though.

Omnifarious Xji
06-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Every single time I open my inventory, my game boots me out. :(

Omnifarious Xji
06-03-2013, 05:01 PM
... I just got booted before the game even loaded. Welp, guess I'm done playing Defiance until this is patched.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Xbox NA servers are very laggy since the patch omg

Kasteil
06-03-2013, 05:02 PM

Every time a siege starts my whole game lags like crazy. Swapping a weapon takes 10 seconds and shooting is delayed.

TamKing
06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
same thing here (eu ps3) been kicked more times in the last 2 hrs than i have since launch.
the sieges seem to be taking its toll on the servers at the minute,

Pyth
06-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Same for me broski. I didn't even do a siege or see one on the map. In fact, everything was working fine for me until I ran into one of the new emergencies, then holy lag batman.

Shada Mori
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Three sieges. No issues. PC player also.

Fuggaak
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm on NA xbox and have the same problems. 2-5 second lag on any action, d/c all over the place. Earlier it was working fine then I went to a siege and ever since it's been like this.

A s0t
06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Every single time I open my inventory, my game boots me out. :(or your map

MagellanD
06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
or your map

Whenever I turn the game on something sucks. Truth.

Stak
06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I have been booted 16 times in the last 30 minutes. I get booted after being in-game for about 30 seconds. I'm standing in the middle of nowhere, no people, no action, and I've got like 5 seconds of input lag. Clan chat is filled with people with the same problem. The game was fine before 2pm. Right after the first siege, it became so laggy, that I can barely do anything.

Its because they introduced sieges.

Jaxon
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Really laggy on 360 servers I hope they resolve this because what I could play was awesome.

CmdVimes
06-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Really liked sieges but after 5 hard freezes and god knows how many DCs, I`m thinking they should remove them again until they can get it to work without ejecting their entire userbase from the game. Seems like theres no complaints from the pc users so I guess it`s a console issue...? (ps3 EU btw)

dominad
06-03-2013, 07:23 PM
XBox 360 it is why I went to bed lol.
In fairness it was happening before just not as often.
Still I read the patch will be out soon to fix it and this is how MMO's wor and we have to be patient.
I think I will try and finish the main quest and put it aside also, its no fun playing when its impossible to do basic actions. I think someone said it could be a while as long as its before some of the next game releases or it will end up in the stack of played games :( I hope trion realises xbox gamers and I guess ps3 are really not going to be forgiving of the issues. We are used to great games on release even with the high cost that if they do have any teethign issues are fixed in the first day or so. Patches are in the background often and there is so much rich content and co op play. Console users like myself are not educated in MMO's and will not understand that the errors, latency etc are normal in the first few months they will probably return the game. If defiance wants to survive in the console world it has to hold itself to the standards of other games or get more info out to gamers about what to expect. Some PR campaign maybe??

Omnifarious Xji
06-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Welp, I tried again a few times this morning, but no luck... Guess I'll be shelving Defiance earlier than I intended too. Wow, didn't even make it to the first DLC for me. I figured it would make it till at least GTA V this September...

Hope499
06-04-2013, 09:08 AM
... I just got booted before the game even loaded. Welp, guess I'm done playing Defiance until this is patched.

Hey Omni did you try just dashboarding?

I know mine was doing the exact same thing. I dashborded from game and re-started and it was fine.

Sieges were laggy as hell, but I could play lol.

Yup. Worked fine for me. I could be one of the lucky ones though.

Hi Miserere!!!!!!!

Combo Breaker
06-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Welp, I tried again a few times this morning, but no luck... Guess I'll be shelving Defiance earlier than I intended too. Wow, didn't even make it to the first DLC for me. I figured it would make it till at least GTA V this September...

I had some intermittent issues but that was all. One time the entire server was lagging for everyone. I never got booted. 2 of my 4 Sieges were really laggy.

Eisberg
06-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah, looking like it is a problem with The Xbox servers, I am on the PC and have no problems.

Reverend Blood
06-04-2013, 09:27 AM
It's seems like a multiplied version of what happened with the xbox at launch. They underestimated the amount of people that would be playing on xbox na, so the servers couldn't handle the load. Now they have all the new xbox players, plus all the ones that left after launch coming back for new content, and their servers can't handle the load.

Echoe
06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Yep. On Xbox and I get booted when I pull up my menus. Happened repeatedly so much I had to quit playing last night. Sadface.

meremortal
06-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Welcome to defiance "the proyect"