PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle cost

Storm Shadow
06-03-2013, 04:56 PM
The cost for the orange hemi challenger at the hidden vendor should be lowered. 30 000 is too much. Its not easy for me to make that amount of scrip.

CrazyBard
06-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Do a few co-ops and you'll have enough scrip.

Storm Shadow
06-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Okay thanks crazy bard

Era
06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Sell your guns instead of salvaging them.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Like stated above, sell your crap. Easy thing to do is salvage everything one week, sell everything the next. Both are important but really salvage is needed a LOT more.

MagellanD
06-03-2013, 05:54 PM
So a car in a post apocalypse wasteland should be less than real life?

Go do stuff that ears you money. You can get that in a day. Sheesh.

Or better yet go get gold in all the races and EARN the black one.

Era
06-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Like stated above, sell your crap. Easy thing to do is salvage everything one week, sell everything the next. Both are important but really salvage is needed a LOT more.

No, the easy thing to do is sell all your guns until you have all 37 in game vehicles and then never sell them again because your passive funds you get alongside salvage will keep you in business in perpetuity. You literally do not need to sell anything once you have every car. You couldn't run out of money if you tried.

Edit: 38 Vehicles, Zombie vs Ambulance Duni in game now, too. That's right *****es, The Zombie vs Ambulance reference in Defiance, did anyone see that coming?

Storm Shadow
06-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I have been selling stuff I don't need and also been doing co-op missions. They have helped me so far in getting the vehicle. Thanks for the help since I am new to the game anyways.

ironhands
06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
the challengers aren't that special, really. I prefer the ATV.. they're mostly vanity items, except you can take a passenger, but, I don't see that happening too often, except with a cerberus - and hopefully we'll see more in the future with the DLC vehicle since it holds 4 iirc.

WeeohhWeeohh
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Stop buying shinnies from the venders. That helps.

Leathernek1
06-04-2013, 01:49 PM
The cost for the orange hemi challenger at the hidden vendor should be lowered. 30 000 is too much. Its not easy for me to make that amount of scrip.

I agree with you only because the cost of all the vehicles used to be much lower, and everyone bought them up at cheap prices. Now Chargers and dunies are all over the place. It seems a bit rough to those who have to pay 30k. I got my plum crazy challenger and a couple of dunies for 500 scrip as vendor specials (gun vendor specials before they changed it), and now the vendor specials are 15k. That's quite a markup for the newcomers!

There is one positive. I think if you're patient enough, the orange challenger should be able to pop up as a vehicle special for 15k scrip at places like the vehicle depot and the iron demon ranch.

Rawt
06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Just get gold on all of the time trails. You get the Black Challenger absolutely free for doing so, and both the black and orange have the same stats.

It would seem absolutely ridiculous to spend 30k scrip on something just because you want the exact product in a different color.

Leathernek1
06-05-2013, 07:24 AM
It would seem absolutely ridiculous to spend 30k scrip on something just because you want the exact product in a different color.

That's a matter of opinion. I would've spent 30k on my olive drab green dunie if I didn't get it for 500 scrip as a special before all the markups. I just like the fact that it looks like a military vehicle, and would pay for that look.

I think the orange charger is popular because it has the look of the old original Chargers that came in that color, back in the 70s or 80s, or whenever the Chargers were out the first time around.

CrazyBard
06-05-2013, 07:41 AM
I think the orange charger is popular because it has the look of the old original Chargers that came in that color, back in the 70s or 80s, or whenever the Chargers were out the first time around.

And it's the closest to the cool pre-order red one.. plus, it's biggest attraction is that it only costs scrip and you can get it pretty early on.

If someone is desperate for a charger and doesn't want to earn one, then it's worth the 30k surely - why make it dirt cheap when the black one takes a bit of getting for most people? Even the others cost reputation + scrip, so not like they can be got that early. At the end of the day, it's only going to take a few coops and someone will have 30k; besides, not much else to spend the scrip on anyway.

Salen
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Just wait till one of the vehicle vendors pops up with a Charger for 15,000 scrip. That's how I managed to get my White Charger. Good times.

But as for what to sell and what to scrap, all my Whites, Greens and Blues, it's more cost effective to scrap them, while Purples I don't want I'll sell off, since the scrap to scrip ratio is 1:1 unlike a white's 2.5:1.

MRE
06-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Stop buying shinnies from the venders. That helps.

I'm not taking you shopping ;)