PDA

View Full Version : Wave 8 of the SF Siege...

Jack Johnson
06-03-2013, 05:13 PM
... is epic.

Tons of elite bulwarks drop down. Made me very hungry for a dark matter siege... do want.

fang1192
06-03-2013, 05:25 PM
... is epic.

Tons of elite bulwarks drop down. Made me very hungry for a dark matter siege... do want.

Ended up fighting 2 of them by myself. The one time i need the idiot swarm to back me up theyre not there. It was really awesome hearing EGO chime in with the dark matter channel - my first reaction was wtf? Then the dropships came in and i see ELITE dark matter bulwark x2.

IntenseSpirit
06-03-2013, 05:25 PM
I was about to start a post about this (Afflicted Bulwarks lol).

Strahd
06-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I was there for that one in the "Chinatown Syndrome" Siege. Simply Amazing. Do we have confirmation that stage 8 is high as they all go or is that just the final stage for "Chinatown Syndrome" Siege?

Tango80
06-03-2013, 11:52 PM
I think sieges goes as follows. All points are capped. Kill the infected as fast as you can. The faster you kill them the more/better loot drops. But as stages progress the harder and harder it gets. Which means more infected. And you have to keep the point from being infected/capped.
The highest stage I've gotten even with lag issues was stage 8.

Thedjectivenoun
06-03-2013, 11:54 PM
I think sieges goes as follows. All points are capped. Kill the infected as fast as you can. The faster you kill them the more/better loot drops. But as stages progress the harder and harder it gets. Which means more infected. And you have to keep the point from being infected/capped.

Stage 9 in San Fran with 10 seconds left we were going to get stage 10...the last mob died at 2 seconds left.

Space_Monky
06-03-2013, 11:56 PM
the first siege i did in madera went over 8. i'm not sure exactly what level we finished on though.

Inda Skies 01
06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
We hit 11 in San Fran earlier.

Tango80
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Stage 9 in San Fran with 10 seconds left we were going to get stage 10...the last mob died at 2 seconds left.

We hit 11 in San Fran earlier.

Yep as I though it is definitely a timed kill them as fast as possible for better loot. While covering your posteriors. Faster wave kills means higher stages, higher stages means better loot.
As suspected.

Arsenic_Touch
06-04-2013, 12:18 AM

I didn't notice any difference in the amount of enemies. I've gotten up to 13 with like 15-20 guildies and some barnies that ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

These seem to be meant to be done by clans with TS because the in game communication is just terrible, as is the text chat, so pubs are going to do terribly compared to an organized clan with a TS.

Only thing I'd like to see is more difficulty. More mobs and more diversity to their tactics. The health values are fine the way they are, they just need to swarm more and require more tactics to combat them.

Jokerz_89
06-04-2013, 12:21 AM
It was confirmed during the Across the Badlands that the sieges go up to stage 20. Happy hunting!

Tango80
06-04-2013, 12:25 AM
I didn't notice any difference in the amount of enemies. I've gotten up to 13 with like 15-20 guildies and some barnies that ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

These seem to be meant to be done by clans with TS because the in game communication is just terrible, as is the text chat, so pubs are going to do terribly compared to an organized clan with a TS.

I think its a progressive incline in the amount of enemies and their difficulties. From one wave to another depending on the amount of players in the area could be any were from 10 to 20 more enemies.(This is just a guess) So there is a increase just not an overtly noticeable increase.

But then again we are talking the standard no shield infected increase rather than the special wave stage such as the Hulkers at Kenn farm or the Bulwarks in San Francisco. That just a educated guess rather than proven fact. But i don't doubt that someone will take their time and count how many infected will show up per wave. Some people will just do that because they have nothing else to do.