PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you defeat Nim?!?

biggw711
06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Im getting really pissed off at this point, they really need to get rid of the extraction fee when fighting him cause I went from over 20k scrip down to a few thousand within a half hour before I got fed up and stopped playing, Nim is by far the most ******ed boss to fight, he zips around making it hard as **** to hit him, the dodge mechanic is slow as ****, his shots almost always hit you, the reload times really screw you over and if you run out of ammo your pretty much screwed because you wont have any time at all to even switch to a different weapon class, ive literally tried every weapon including ones that deal over 1600 damage and still doesn't do jack against him, im really annoyed so any help on how to beat him would be appreciated

A s0t
06-03-2013, 06:07 PM
there are alot of threads about this

use a bmg and jumping

mbergeron
06-03-2013, 06:08 PM
jump around and use a bmg or an incinerator detonator. I used a detonator on him and it was a pretty easy fight. The first part is probably the most annoying since there is no cover. Just jump around and you should be able to avoid all of is attacks.

Kasteil
06-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Nim isn't that tough to beat, just learn his mechanics and learn to dodge him. Also like A sot said, use a BMG to slow burn Nim to death and the heal when you have to. I beat Nim 4 times using an FRC Crash Boomer (grenade explodes on impact) and a VBI INF-3 Canker with the Decoy EGO power. Another thing that can help is using all defensive perks.

Cednats
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Use over charge with bio smg and a syphon auto shotgun for when he gets close. Jump sideways a lot and it's a piece of cake.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
SMG to face, dodge, SMG, dodge, cover for shields rinse and repeat.
Don't bother shooting him during his blur or attacks. Once his clones are out use a grenade and kill multiple a once.
Basically it's just running jumping rolling shooting.

MagellanD
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Get in there and start blastin!
http://buzzdixon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/animated-flash-gordon-pew.gif

Don't get hit.

fang1192
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Shoot bullets.
Dodge.
Worked for me.

KillAlot V2
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM
i used an immunizer because of the extended range for the first 2 rounds then on the last i used a ground pounder detenator

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Can't wait for DLC so we can go toe to toe against him with charge blades

dominad
06-03-2013, 08:22 PM
I just did the joe jackleg one the day before I had to do it 5 or 6 times the extraction cost is annoying. I hope I do better with this nim.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
06-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I just did the joe jackleg one the day before I had to do it 5 or 6 times the extraction cost is annoying. I hope I do better with this nim.

Yeah hate to lose that 180 scrip, might have to sell a white gun.

hey u
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
shield recharge rate and stats?
Weapon stats? Would help

L3ktr1kgrl79
06-03-2013, 08:30 PM
My experience: @ ~600 EGO, 3 hrs and an aneurysm later, I almost smashed the game. Quit, worked up to ~1700 EGO, done in 20 minutes with 1 self-revive. More perk slots, maxed out perks and higher weapon skill levels helped tremendously.

dominad
06-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah hate to lose that 180 scrip, might have to sell a white gun.

If you have a lot it might not matter also does not help I sometimes get spawned into weird places like in the middle of enemies when extracting. That is a fail because you just die right away and have to hope the enemies move berore respawn or dashboard out. in the end though brought a car, got a legendary weapon what else do I need it for. I imagine if I was losing more because I had more it would be worse.

hey u
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
what level are u

biggw711
06-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, was finally able to beat him today

EL1TE
06-04-2013, 01:26 PM
U only need 1 thing So he cannot kill you at all. A shield with recharge delay under 3 sec and min 40% recharge. He can't do sh#t. When he damages U, by the time he does a next attack, U already got ur shield back up to max. I even slapped him a few times in his attacks. :D

Gratty
06-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Shoot him and don't go down

DopedGoat
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
I used a Sawn Off shotty/Rifle and just dodged a shed load... Sometimes I would dodge 4 or 5 times before getting a shot off. Keep tapping away at him.

GL

Sethvirfireborn
06-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Pretty much just use an accurate weapon and use the poles at the ends of the room for soft cover and hip fire at him when he gets close.

When he starts to do his downward blast attack, stick near to the poles, you can stand behind them and you will not get hit by the blast, then step out and hip fire into him, then immediately move again because he will do the blast attack after coming out of cloak.

When there are multiples of him running at you, I found standing behind the pole and keeping one half of the other side open to my aim. For some reason when he can't see you he slows down and you can take out the multiples as they come and hopefully hit him.

I managed to only go down twice before I started using those tactics. And use something with syphon, at least it can boost your shields again if it procs. I didn't even use my ego power the entire time because I was more concerned with keeping him in my sights

XxSaVonxX
06-18-2013, 04:20 AM
pump shotgun with overcharge jumpings for noobs

defiant
06-18-2013, 01:19 PM
Yea there's lots of different ways, but if you are getting hit that's really your only problem, a heavy AR is good for aiming inbetween rolls but just shoot and dodge, sometimes you can play through a game without really "getting" the control scheme. Spamming evasion until you see a free shot is foolproof in defiance. I've never had to repeat a mission or boss, but for Nim my best tip would be when he turns orange or does his vertical blast or what have you, to use a ground pounder or Some heavy explosive, since "he is completely stationary!!! He wants you to Bomb his ***!!"

grim bloody reaper
06-18-2013, 01:59 PM
:D pmsl...

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
06-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Check out my thread. This is how I beat him.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?93829-Legendary-Nim-Slayer-BMG

nite
06-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Get in there and start blastin!
http://buzzdixon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/animated-flash-gordon-pew.gif

Don't get hit.

dude i have seen 2 posts youve done today and on both i have laughed so hard i may have pissed a little....