PDA

View Full Version : So. Zombies.

Blade of Souls
06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
After running through the game for a while, and seeing the commercials for The Cure..series..or whatever. It has become apparent that Trion has decided to go Full Zombie.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/files/2011/07/shark-breaching-picture-480x359.jpg

Yay...Trion. Must be a record.

Jack Johnson
06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Zombies? In a b-movie science fiction series? NO WAI!

T_Archangel
06-03-2013, 07:36 PM
LOL but at least it's fun LOL and the commercial is actually pretty cool

MagellanD
06-03-2013, 07:38 PM
After running through the game for a while, and seeing the commercials for The Cure..series..or whatever. It has become apparent that Trion has decided to go Full Zombie.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/files/2011/07/shark-breaching-picture-480x359.jpg

Yay...Trion. Must be a record.

I support OP
http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/168/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Rawt
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
If you think Trion went full zombie, you obviously haven't seen/played Black Ops 2.

Wtflag
06-03-2013, 08:18 PM
What is wrong with zombies?

It must seen really cool to be "edgy" and "out of the box" by complaining about something that happens to be popular currently, zombies in video games, this case. I assure you, it is not.

The real important part is that the new game format, capture and hold for pve, can be used for other types of mobs. Zombies will eventually go away in a month or two and you get some other mobs appearing in their place.

Umbra Warrior
06-03-2013, 08:19 PM
What is wrong with zombies?

It must seen really cool to be "edgy" and "out of the box" by complaining about something that happens to be popular currently, zombies in video games, this case. I assure you, it is not.

The real important part is that the new game format, capture and hold for pve, can be used for other types of mobs. Zombies will eventually go away in a month or two and you get some other mobs appearing in their place.

It's because zombies have been done to death (pun intended).

Escyos
06-03-2013, 09:09 PM
A zombie is a dead person reanimated. These people are just afflicted with a deadly disease.

Blade of Souls
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
A zombie is a dead person reanimated. These people are just afflicted with a deadly disease.

There's always one.....

I think it is pretty much assumed that this sort of thing is considered to fall under the zombie umbrella (*facepalm* inadvertant Resident Evil reference). Undead/Infected/etc. all display similar features to old school zombie. Undead shamblers from George Romero's Day of the Dead = Zombies. Infected inhabitants of Racoon City = Zombies. Fast and Screaming infected? people from 28 days later = Zombies.

Slow. Fast. Undead. Infected (or Afflicted) = Zombie

Whether there is a cure ala The Omega Man / I am Legend/ Last Man on Earth they are still zombies. (and yes, I know they're vampires in that...or something akin...whatever!)

Uchiha Micah
06-03-2013, 09:19 PM
So what exactly is the problem. New content, didn't cost you any dough.....

Zabuza
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
If you think Trion went full zombie, you obviously haven't seen/played Black Ops 2.

I bought BOps2 just for zombies. Haven't played multiplayer or campaign, and probably never will.

Tayman
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't see how people get excited over new content when it's so easy to run through and requires zero strategy. Run around in a circle and hold down the fire button = win. Or stand on top of something and fire until you run out of ammo.

At least it is a step in the right direction. (?)

Blade of Souls
06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
So what exactly is the problem. New content, didn't cost you any dough.....

The problem is that they need to resort to zombies. Which have been overused as of late, not that they were all that great to begin with. I would have preferred a more original idea for new mobs and new threats.

They have all this sci-fi stuff to draw from for ideas and they went with zombies?

Blade of Souls
06-03-2013, 09:31 PM
I don't see how people get excited over new content when it's so easy to run through and requires zero strategy. Run around in a circle and hold down the fire button = win. Or stand on top of something and fire until you run out of ammo.

At least it is a step in the right direction. (?)

Did you post in the wrong thread? Or does your comment refer to something particular?

DMC14
06-03-2013, 09:42 PM
i love zombie stuff. i always thought BF3 would make a great format for some Zombie DLC if they did it kinda like onslaught mode for BC2. but you just fight waves of zombies (no levels) just keep fighting until your overrun. i guess you couldnt' have vehicles cause you would never die but it would be pretty sweet to take out zombies in a big tank or the apache.

Umbra Warrior
06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
The problem is that they need to resort to zombies. Which have been overused as of late, not that they were all that great to begin with. I would have preferred a more original idea for new mobs and new threats.

They have all this sci-fi stuff to draw from for ideas and they went with zombies?

I would have gone with a nano-machine virus that makes Votans apart of a hive-mind solely focused on the destruction of all human life.

Era
06-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Technically the first zombies were...honestly it's just easier to call you an idiot.

I would have gone with a nano-machine virus that makes Votans apart of a hive-mind solely focused on the destruction of all human life.

Dude, your spoiling the ark hunter Scrapper EGO drones game arc.

Phuccko
06-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I agree that zombies are a little played out, but I can't lie, zombies are awesome. Also where did all these people come from? I don't remember seeing so many people walking around to have this many zombies (afflicted). Any way in my opinion I think we should of bad sieges of vulge attacking instead of zombies so that we can have some kind of tv tie in with this game lol

rReves
06-03-2013, 10:56 PM
I just hope we find a cure soon.

Kierro Kai
06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't see a problem with "Zombies" always loved em. Also in away Defiance always has zombies... the mutants don't look very "Lively". Nose and lips ripped off, rotten skin... only difference. Mutants have a working brain making them, 10x dangerous. Not to mention the obvious... it's in a post apocalyptic worlds... nuclear radiation, alien teraforming... yeah you'd likely have mutants/zombies. Lastly..... SHUT UP. And Irzu guide your paths... DEFIANCE!!!

Umbra Warrior
06-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Dude, your spoiling the ark hunter Scrapper EGO drones game arc.

What? Is this already a thing? Or are you attempting to make a joke?

Malakai
06-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Let's be honest, there are a lot of games who added in zombies and it proved very popular. Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty, Halo, the list goes on and on. Yes, zombies have been done but there's always a slice of the gamer community that will love it. I have to applaud Trion for trying to give us more and more content in a pretty short span of time (the game has been out only 2 months now) in a world where the lore and backstory is literally still being discovered from the tv show and game simultaneously.

It's easy to criticize especially when you don't feel beholden to offer a better plan in exchange. I'm enjoying sieges and I get a sneaking suspicion that the plague isn't 'just zombies' but part of a larger Votanis Collective plan. If you think they have stopped trying to displace humanity from the planet, you obviously haven't been paying attention. I don't think the game is perfect but I am enjoying it in a popcorn matinee sort of way, so if they decide to make it a zombie b-flick for awhile it fits perfectly with my mindset for enjoying the game.

I'm going to make some more popcorn.

DarthBadger6
06-03-2013, 11:22 PM
It's because zombies have been done to death (pun intended).

《Facepalm》

Zombies are a terrible cliché I agree