PDA

View Full Version : Trion Does NOT Suck

AdolfCaezar
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Defiance shows lots of potential if it cleans up by launch date.

Does the game launch with the show in April? Are they sure they have enough time?

KaoticS
01-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I see what you did there.

knighthonor
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Now make a Sandbox MMO that has Factions PvP instead of the tired old FFA Trion World!!!

Man this company would be a hit!!!!!

squidgod2000
01-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Defiance shows lots of potential if it cleans up by launch date.

Does the game launch with the show in April? Are they sure they have enough time?

It's supposed to launch two weeks before the show premieres, so basically it's supposed to launch April 1st.

They should really push it back a few months.

cheezr
01-11-2013, 11:34 PM
What do you mean by 'cleans up'? What is the concern here?

Soren
01-12-2013, 02:01 AM
It's supposed to launch two weeks before the show premieres, so basically it's supposed to launch April 1st.

Why would they need to do that? They're starting the beta with about two and a half months to go until release, and that should give plenty of time to fix any issues up and make sure it's nice and polished for launch. Pretty much the game seems ready for release but it just needs to work the kinks out and make sure it launches smoothly for the 360/PS3/PC. Two and a half months is plenty of time, and it's a lot more time than what Trion gave for Storm Legion's beta (which only had like three beta weekends, and those started in October with only around a month's worth of time to get finishing touches done and ready for launch).

Usurper
01-12-2013, 02:09 AM
You really got enough testing done in about an hour to be able to declare it's ready for release?

Soren
01-12-2013, 02:23 AM
You really got enough testing done in about an hour to be able to declare it's ready for release?

Nah. But if you've watched any of the livestreams it certainly looks like it's ready to be released once the kinks are worked out. Which is why they're starting beta testing.

Also, Trion's first MMO, Rift, was extremely polished for beta before its 2011 launch, and Defiance seems like it's had similar care/devotion spent on polishing it up for its beta before its launch in April.

Iceman
01-12-2013, 02:29 AM
I'll agree to that. I have beta tested a few other online games in the past and for a "Stress Test" I was pleasantly surprised. I can only hope they keep that same level of care the put in so far throughout the beta, and most especially once its released.

Usurper
01-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Nah. But if you've watched any of the livestreams it certainly looks like it's ready to be released once the kinks are worked out. Which is why they're starting beta testing.

Also, Trion's first MMO, Rift, was extremely polished for beta before its 2011 launch, and Defiance seems like it's had similar care/devotion spent on polishing it up for its beta before its launch in April.

What do you expect from Defiance? Something like Rift, with focus on rpg elements, or a shooter more like CoD?

Misinformed
01-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Trion's first MMO, Rift, was extremely polished for beta before its 2011 launch

Well said, I agree entirely and demand this thread title be changed :mad:

Hah on another note, Rift is way better than WoW, but i dont play either anymore :cool:

dharknite
01-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Though I no longer play Rift, I will say that as studio Trion is one of the best studios I have seen in recent years. The amount of support the have given and continue to give Rift is impressive. If they Defiance even half the attention they give Rift I see this being a really good game.

Fiancee
01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah, Im gonna roll with these guys, thats what I said to myself after seeing Rift. Trion World is definitely more "good fellow" company. I wonder whats their next big MMO.

Fiancee
01-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Maybe small chances for high tech sci-fi, somewhere far far far in the future. :confused:

Obsidian
01-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Stress test build is SEVERAL patches behind current up to date build. So hold off your thoughts till you get a NON-stress test beta. Anyone that has been testing for years knows that you almost never get the top build for stress tests. Many chat functions simpley were not engaged, beyond that this was a closed first wave.

MuKi1115
01-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Can't wait for the BETA to get my own picture of the game! Hope they make it on time... And as we said in other threads the game doesn't have to be perfectly polished, it just needs good gameplay and enough features to make players happy enough to ignore the bugs that might still be there...

endingturmoil
01-15-2013, 06:51 AM
some people would rather fight together against an AI rather than just fighting players. Didn't you notice the developer video that says players can go to arenas to fight other players in the world?

endingturmoil
01-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Supposedly DEFIANCE.

Doc
01-15-2013, 06:54 AM

Gamestop receipt says April 2nd, but we will see :)

Voodeux
01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
To be honest I'm highly hopeful for the PVE content of the game. I love PVP. But a game that lacks any PVE or meta gaming content (aka Planetside 2) leaves something to be desired. I'm very hopeful that as the leader of a gaming community that wants to grow and develop that Defiance will be a cornerstone in our community. While the short beta does worry me (slightly) until the game goes full beta I'd hold back on any type of pre-judgement based on one server stress test.

DiRtDoGg
01-15-2013, 07:58 AM
The game has been in production for a long time so i see no problem with it coming out in April. As others have said Rift was highly polished at launch and had little to no problems at all even during high pop times. April can not get here soon enough

Karko
01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
From what I saw in the stress test and assuming that during the rest of the beta additional content, increased server performance and sufficient content arrives. I could very easily see myself playing Defiance for a few months post-release. While three hours might not be enough to compare it to other mmos, on its own merits it's already a pretty fantastic game. They key now is to hope that trion don't drop the ball with what they already have.

Titchi
01-15-2013, 11:11 AM
This thread makes me sad.

Train
01-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Rift was a good game. It was just too much like other games to keep a huge majority of everyone's interests.

spuntron
01-15-2013, 04:03 PM
My only beef with Trion is with how they (mostly Scott Hartsman) strung world PvPers along during Rift development/betas by alluding to meaningful world PvP, only for us to find out that there was no meaningful world PvP. Much in the same way that BioWare did with SWTOR. Not to mention that they said PvP and PvE gear would be earned separately and be stronger in their respective aspects, but at launch the PvE gear was superior to PvP gear in PvP, and you had to do PvP instances to earn that PvP gear in a timely manner, which is another hit on the world PvP aspect. Other than that, they did a decent job with Rift and look to be doing well so far with Defiance.