PDA

View Full Version : The new sieges are great..

The Lazarus Man
06-03-2013, 10:06 PM
The nasty (read: unplayable) lag and constant disconnections, not so much.

I'm posting right now because not only did I get booted the moment that I showed up at a siege, the start point is so close to the one (bolinas) I was at that I am now getting booted the moment I try to reconnect. I get teething problems, but, damn. Any tech savvy peeps out there have any idea what is causing this? Fix pls.

That said I did get to play one bug-free (hehe) siege earlier and it was a blast. The loot drops and xp being awarded was an unexpected, but quite welcome surprise. I was expecting to be using the same SAW-SAW combo that lets me rack up 4 million points at arkfalls, but is fairly repetitive. This way I can have a greater variety of experience. (more hehe) I went at it with a pistol and a smg, the combo I'm leveling atm, which made getting kills in the chaos harder, but rewarding. Thanks for this one, guys. (After you, ya know, let me play more than one.)

Tango80
06-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Yeah the sieges are cool but the lag is terrible but that's on peak times. NA server.
It makes using explosive weapons fun, not to mention the cool adds they put in to the siege. Like infected Hulkers at Kenn Farm Or Elite Bulwarks in San Francisco.

In all Very fun and challenging but with Lag especially on the Xbox it makes them somewhat undo-able. Well undo-able at least during peak times.

Chidy1776
06-03-2013, 10:13 PM
The first siege i did i had no issues, but the second one was bad. I saw a dev post from sledgehammer saying theyre working on it but its not somehing theyl fix in an hour. Hopefully by wensdah with the new patch theyll b running smoothly. I can understand the problem though lol. New content so everyone going to them and they spawn A LOT of mobs, so i can understand the issues. But if were lucky its a programming or server bug that they can do something about. They want this game to work as much as we do, so im thinking a good chance of a fix tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Tango80
06-03-2013, 10:17 PM
The first siege i did i had no issues, but the second one was bad. I saw a dev post from sledgehammer saying theyre working on it but its not somehing theyl fix in an hour. Hopefully by wensdah with the new patch theyll b running smoothly. I can understand the problem though lol. New content so everyone going to them and they spawn A LOT of mobs, so i can understand the issues. But if were lucky its a programming or server bug that they can do something about. They want this game to work as much as we do, so im thinking a good chance of a fix tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Well the first Siege i did was the Blonias Smeltery one and it was so laggy i got disconnected in that one. The other 3 sieges Diablo oil was second then San Fran and lastly was Kenn Farm. Laggy but not laggy enough to disconnect me from them. Hopefully Trion Adjusts the netcode to reduce the lag associated with them.