PDA

View Full Version : faster way to level up bmgs ?

bigrob22
06-03-2013, 11:12 PM
im on level 6 with bmgs ... i been wondering is there a faster way to level up

Schmiznurf
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Island of Lost Soldiers co-op
Scrapworks Salvage co-op
Make sure to take ones that link.

The Hulker in San Quentin is good too.

bigrob22
06-03-2013, 11:31 PM
yeah i been doing the hulker ... but ill try the other two ...thanks

awuerth
06-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Tie a rubber band on your controller so you can heal yourself. Find an enemy and then watch a movie. Just dont let your controller turn off.

stormbringer328
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Use a spanner protector, stingray, or collider from vbi rep vendor. Equip 2 so while one is charging the other is ready to go, reload, and swap. Over and over. Hulker is good xp. Stop and do all instances. Kill monarchs. Takes a while but gotta do what you gotta do. From 6 to lvl 10 takes a while no matter what you do. Just sucks. Never want to touch another bmg now. They suck anyway.

Hope499
06-04-2013, 10:16 AM
No no no..

forge eyes bro...forge eyes...

stormbringer328
06-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Forgot. Hope499 is right. Forges are amazing for xp no matter the weapon. Use a flash grenade to imobilize it after it opens its eye and go to town. Most people try to rush scrapper arkfalls when they should be milking them for xp and loot. At the major most avoid forger for arms when forge gives so so so much more crit hits.

FattyMcG33
06-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Forgot. Hope499 is right. Forges are amazing for xp no matter the weapon. Use a flash grenade to imobilize it after it opens its eye and go to town. Most people try to rush scrapper arkfalls when they should be milking them for xp and loot. At the major most avoid forger for arms when forge gives so so so much more crit hits.

Except....weapons don't gain levels at arkfalls (unless that changed recently)

Pyth
06-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Tie a rubber band on your controller so you can heal yourself. Find an enemy and then watch a movie. Just dont let your controller turn off.

Pretty much what I did with my BMGs from 2-10.

TravelerX1
06-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Forge Eyes and the ones that don't link. I put 5 levels on mine in like 2 days.

Johnnykev
06-04-2013, 10:51 AM

Exactly. That's how it works.

Pyth
06-04-2013, 10:55 AM
BMG healing at Arkfalls gives weapon XP. Also Matrons give XP too.

Aycid
06-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Sieges.....

Deaths Nation
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I kept replaying the mother lode and scrap works using overcharge. More damage equals faster leveling. Make sure they link the enemies.

mikepaul
06-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I remain confused by this claim.

I fired my Incubator at the crystal in bunches of arkfalls, and now I have Innoculators at 20. I did not go someplace else and grind, like I am doing with Hulkers and assault rifles.

So if some weapons don't level up at arkfalls, I'm thinking that some DO...

WeeohhWeeohh
06-04-2013, 11:54 AM

I fired my Incubator at the crystal in bunches of arkfalls, and now I have Innoculators at 20. I did not go someplace else and grind, like I am doing with Hulkers and assault rifles.

Major Arkfalls have never given weapon xp. The stand alone, the minor ones, do.

DieSlow321
06-04-2013, 11:58 AM

I wish I could get Innoculators to 20..... sadly I can only level my Infector weapons. :(

mikepaul
06-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Major Arkfalls have never given weapon xp. The stand alone, the minor ones, do.
So all the crystals I shot as I worked my way to the final battle did NOT add to the XP on my Incubator as the bugs went off and killed things?

This is odd.

I will go to my EGO 210 character, note the current status of the one bug gun I have (Never remember jargon: Innoculator is apparently wrong for the whole group) and then do a Major Arkfall. If it doesn't go up, I'll wonder how I ever got to 20...

DeadlyDreamer
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
All i can tell you is fight through the pain! Your eyes may bleed but you will get that bmg to 10 with dedication =p

RoLLnBLuNtZzz
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Sieges seem to be the fastest way (ive used nothing but bmgs for the last 3 weeks.)

Kapt
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Sieges seem to be the fastest way (ive used nothing but bmgs for the last 3 weeks.)

I was just going to say Sieges myself. Today I gained 1.5 lvls on my BMG from sieges (attacking grps at spawn) and arkfalls(healing plyrs). Usually I equip BMG/AR. Fire the ol'AR on enemies till mag is empty, switch to my BMG and do some healing then when BMG recharges I switch to AR. Repeat as necessary.

NOTE: I have Preparedness perk equipped to reload stowed wpn.

mikepaul
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Huh. I thought that 98% of my Defiance experience was Major Arkfalls, yet none of my weapons get any more Mastered while doing them. Ah, well. One bright spot is, I might as well keep using my bug guns during Majors now that switching off to something else isn't any benefit, and bug guns make plenty of ammo without ever targeting an enemy directly...

LoTEK911
06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
These new plague zombie emergencies are awesome for leveling BMG's! Equip 2 BMG's & make sure they link. When one runs dry, start the reload & switch! You fire continuously. The plague mobs mean you can usually link 2-4 at a time, increasing your leveling. Also with the exception of the occasional vomit zombie, they don't shoot, so just run circles around them! :D The perk Preparedness is NOT necessary. Once the BMG starts reloading you can stow it & it will continue to reload. Overcharge is a huge help. Activating Overcharge with an empty or near empty clip auto reloads. Add the perks Killing Machine and Killing Spree for a longer Overcharge. I've ranked from 1-6 in a little over a day. So much easier then those blasted infectors!

Limbolime
06-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Arkfalls do not level the individual guns, but they most certainly level up the weapons skills. :o

bigrob22
06-05-2013, 06:45 AM
It Seems Like My Weapons Dont Level Up At Arkfalls Tho... But I Will Try All Of These ... Thanks alot

JDF
06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Arkfalls do not level the individual guns, but they most certainly level up the weapons skills. :o

Serious? I'll have to check that out later, apart from BMG healing I thought you gained no overall weapon skill experience on anything