PDA

View Full Version : having weird issues on the ps3...

Blueandwhite87
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
menu takes ages to load a lot more now, mini map is not filling up in time so im driving on a blank mini map at times, i even had the world dissapear for a breif second well driving,

starting to wonder is this bad coding or aging hardware?

A s0t
06-04-2013, 12:25 AM
menu takes ages to load a lot more now, mini map is not filling up in time so im driving on a blank mini map at times, i even had the world dissapear for a breif second well driving,

starting to wonder is this bad coding or aging hardware?same difference on xbox, welcome to siege, i hope they are gonna fix it soon

Tango80
06-04-2013, 12:29 AM
More like say Welcome to Lag caused by the siege's.

So far i just think the netcode isn't optimized to simultaneously run arkfalls and sieges at the same time. The amount of mobs used in sieges and arkfalls might be causing the absurd amount of lag.

Space_Monky
06-04-2013, 12:38 AM
the lag is better than it was earlier today...

i rebuilt my database from the system menu and it seemed to help a little...

Myll_Erik said they would be looking into the lag on both consoles.

Sdb616
06-04-2013, 02:52 AM
the lag is better than it was earlier today...

i rebuilt my database from the system menu and it seemed to help a little...

Myll_Erik said they would be looking into the lag on both consoles.

Ya know... If they could fix the menu lag and pop up while driving in game... That would do wonders for peoples moods on the forums.

MacDeath
06-04-2013, 03:10 AM
Ya know... If they could fix the menu lag and pop up while driving in game... That would do wonders for peoples moods on the forums.
I seriously doubt that whiners would stop whining just because some issues were resolved. They would, IMO, for the most part, simply move on to the next target of whinage.

Yardragon
06-04-2013, 03:14 AM
much to this is true.

Sdb616
06-04-2013, 03:58 AM
I seriously doubt that whiners would stop whining just because some issues were resolved. They would, IMO, for the most part, simply move on to the next target of whinage.

Agreed because it is very true. The constant reminders while playing, though, help strengthen that wine and without it... It would surely improve...

At least a small amount...

dominad
06-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Yes I played for the first time today (xbox360) getting missions done and trying to finish the main story. Played with a friend and then someone from here. Mini map and enemies were disappearing at times. Menu lag - check. I was expecting worse though did 2 siege's but it only did the lurch no button must fast travel bug once. I did get kicked from the game 4 times I think. Pretty much not seeming any worse than before minus the dead enemies float in the air at the siege. Still enjoying finishing the main mission but will see after that.

Shogo_Yahagi
06-04-2013, 08:48 AM
This started on PS3 before the sieges were activated. I didn't get a chance to play last night, but I had terrible performance on Saturday, with exactly these symptoms.

Several times the menu just refused to load. All I got was the background image and half of the options at the bottom. This happened sometimes before last weekend, but it was especially bad, and often would not load at all even if you waited.

While there has always been pop-in of obstacles, I don't think the minimap ever went blank before this weekend. As you drive, you can see the edge of the known minimap approach, pass, and fall away behind you, often leaving you with a completely blank minimap.

I also had a couple of cases where I came back from co-op and the world didn't load properly and I had to log out and back in to correct it. I eventually completely quit out of the game in hopes that I would find a better server. It was slightly better, but still not great. I wonder if they have closed servers or lowered their bandwidth. It was pretty bad.