PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Element Effects?

illegal Danish
03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
So I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find a list or description of what exactly all the special effects do. Like I know fire is DoT, that's pretty obvious, but what exactly does electricity do to enemies? Or the element with the purple swirl icon, I've noticed it vaporizes enemies on kill, but is what am I missing?

Gradius
03-23-2013, 09:55 PM
*EDITED* Thanks Aeekto, I pulled up the wrong bookmark!

So I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find a list or description of what exactly all the special effects do. Like I know fire is DoT, that's pretty obvious, but what exactly does electricity do to enemies? Or the element with the purple swirl icon, I've noticed it vaporizes enemies on kill, but is what am I missing?

Here ya go! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2955-Elemental-Types-and-Info) This post breaks down weapon elements, etc.

Electrical – Stuns targeted enemy and nearby enemies for a short period. The burst of electrical activity will short out the Heads Up Display provided by the ego for this duration.

Incendiary – Lights targeted enemy aflame, harming him for a short period of time.

Biological – Attaches biological compounds to a target, slowing them down and causing them to do less damage for a short period of time.

Radiation – Irradiates the target, weakening their armor and causing them to take more damage from attacks for a short period of time.

Syphon – Steals health from the target and transfers it back to the shooter.

illegal Danish
03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
AAAaaah gotcha! Didn't think to search ammunition, haha, been playing too much Borderlands. Thanks!

Aeekto
03-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Here ya go! (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Weapon) This site breaks down weapon elements, etc.

That site isnīt very accurate.

Elements:
Electric - stuns the target in PvE (disables HUD and blinds the enemy for a short time in PvP)
Fire - sets the target on fire.... DoT
Radiation - afflicted targets take more damage
Biohazard - afflicted targets get their movementspeed, jumpheight and the damage they deal reduced
Syphon (the purple swirl ;)) - leeches life of the target and heals you

Skar
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Do enemies have intrinsic defences to different elements?

Like robotic weak vs lightning strong vs bio, flesh weak vs bio and fire etc