PDA

View Full Version : Will sieges be possible on the 360?

Darkane
06-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Hey guys,

Didn't get to try Sieges yesterday but I read there's problems with lag.

I realise this is a very early stage in their life but I wanted to get opinions on whether they would be possible long term?

Sounds like a great mode so here's hoping Trion can get it working smoothly on consoles.

Cheers,

Sassaman
06-04-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm sure they will work it out, they were no more laggy then what the entire game was when the beta came out and the early days of the final project. If they have to they should just add it to matchmaking as to limit the amount of players involved. That would really cut back on lag

Combo Breaker
06-04-2013, 04:50 AM
I managed to get into 4. 2 were to laggy to hardly do much and 2 were just slightly laggy.

AntiGravity
06-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Spread out people! Did three last night where people were actually spread out around the area and not all sitting on the capture points. All three went smooth. Also, make sure you are picking up your salvage/drops mid battle. For me, leaving it all lying around until the end made it really laggy. Maybe its just having to spawn too many images at once in addition to the infected enemies

Moa
06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
I did all of them yesterday just for the pursuit then I steered clear of them. Like others have said, I'm sure they will analyze all the data pouring in and eventually find a way to optimize the sieges so they aren't so laggy. There is another thread where they've confirmed as such with a response that they're aware of the problem.

Gratty
06-04-2013, 06:16 AM
I had a couple good ones, the rest were rather laggy though. The funny thing is, the lag dropped immediately after the siege ended (so it was strange). There was also A LOT of server lag in general yesterday.

D351
06-04-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm just wondering how long I'm going to have to wait for china town... It's been an hour.

Durva360
06-04-2013, 06:34 AM
First one I did was laggy and after that smooth sailing. They are a lot of fun and a great way to level up weapons and weapon skills

FattyMcG33
06-04-2013, 06:57 AM
I did one this morning before work. I got there at the end of it, but didn't have any lag issues.

HpG Poseidon
06-04-2013, 07:15 AM
I completed all 4 a few times and I have say the biggest problem I saw was so many detonators going off you could not see. Small amount of lag but only when 50 detonators go off, but after the volley it was smooth. It is a really fun way to rank up weapons and skill.

Spuddragg
06-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I did 2 last night. Both were a little laggy but I ended up in first place for both xD. Found one of those special weapons. Rocking a chain gun the entire match both times.