PDA

View Full Version : So I went to a siege this morning and..

The Lazarus Man
06-04-2013, 07:25 AM
I think I nearly had a seizure from all of the explosions. YE GODS, the explosions. On the other hand, blasting large groups of enemies is what detonators and rocket launchers are for, so it's hard to argue against people using them, except from a practical, playability standpoint.

I wonder if there is anything, at this point, that can be done with sieges moving forward to mitigate the issue, like spreading the checkpoint areas over a larger area for example? It'd be nice to be able to see my targets more than 40% of the time while I'm blazing away with whatever weapon hasn't yet had it's barrel melt from constant firing.

Great fun, all the same.

MagellanD
06-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I think I nearly had a seizure from all of the explosions. YE GODS, the explosions. On the other hand, blasting large groups of enemies is what detonators and rocket launchers are for, so it's hard to argue against people using them, except from a practical, playability standpoint.

I wonder if there is anything, at this point, that can be done with sieges moving forward to mitigate the issue, like spreading the checkpoint areas over a larger area for example? It'd be nice to be able to see my targets more than 40% of the time while I'm blazing away with whatever weapon hasn't yet had it's barrel melt from constant firing.

Great fun, all the same.

All I read is Thank you Trion for this...but can you nerf some more stuff.

melkathi
06-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Diablo Station seems to be the largest siege area. There you can find some fairly good spots to hunker down with a sniper rifle and do your part without going near the chain-explosions.
Though playing off-peak you can get into some seriously undermanned sieges which are fantastically hectic and completly lacking in anything but zombie-spam. We did a three-man Kenn Farm. Didn't get very far with it, but it was very satisfying.

CrazyBard
06-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Diablo Station seems to be the largest siege area. There you can find some fairly good spots to hunker down with a sniper rifle and do your part without going near the chain-explosions.
Though playing off-peak you can get into some seriously undermanned sieges which are fantastically hectic and completly lacking in anything but zombie-spam. We did a three-man Kenn Farm. Didn't get very far with it, but it was very satisfying.

This.

Did the SF one (chinatown?) last night about 2am.. started off solo for the first stage but ended up with 4 of us, was loads of fun and totally hectic - more because of the amount of space to cover with just a few of us - didn't get much past Stage 3-4 though - but hey, it was awesome fun and some great teamwork.

The Lazarus Man
06-04-2013, 08:35 AM
All I read is Thank you Trion for this...but can you nerf some more stuff.

Perhaps it's because you're reading words that aren't there? My observation was about purely visual distractions in the area of a siege, and that perhaps this could be helped somewhat by spreading things out a bit more. More room for the explosions, you see. Not sure what you are getting at with nerfing. Maybe you have forum nerf-call trauma?

cusman
06-04-2013, 09:49 AM
The Sieges are definitely more fun with less players around. That is why I am hoping that Plague Trailer on Defiance website is an indication of a Co-Op map they will be releasing that has the Zombie hordes to survive against and just 4 players.

Also, no long delays to wait for next Siege :)

Samyaza
06-04-2013, 09:54 AM
The Sieges are definitely more fun with less players around. That is why I am hoping that Plague Trailer on Defiance website is an indication of a Co-Op map they will be releasing that has the Zombie hordes to survive against and just 4 players.

Also, no long delays to wait for next Siege :)

T.T great... yea next siege, *sighs* no more melee only enemies then!!!!

This zombie siege i can sit on a car nade about 50 of them and never get it!

But, when the volge.... arrive.... I... I..... I can see that i will be the first to get my face melted!