PDA

View Full Version : Why did we pick a name upon starting the game and a char name?

Adam Chattaway
01-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Ok so im confused i started the game and it told me to pick a name, it says this would be used on all my chars i make so i thought ok and used my main char name i always use on games, then i make a char and pick another name for him? why does it tell me to make the other name because i dont want some sort of cross char account name as my main char name is both are shown, seriously what the fek is this all about?

EZTarget
01-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Ok so im confused i started the game and it told me to pick a name, it says this would be used on all my chars i make so i thought ok and used my main char name i always use on games, then i make a char and pick another name for him? why does it tell me to make the other name because i dont want some sort of cross char account name as my main char name is both are shown, seriously what the fek is this all about?

Ummm...It's a SERVER stress test, not a 'character creation' stress test...NOTHING you do today will be saved; so stop stressing yourself and get back to stressing the servers! LOL!

At least YOU got to play...I'm winning this whole contest by keeping the server in my area DOWN! (Yay me!)

Leha
01-11-2013, 09:26 PM

Have you ever played GuildWarsII? WoW? I'm sure it's a similar situation, where you have your account name, which will be shown/connected with every character that you make and then the actual character name. It made sense to me, but perhaps I'm alone. O.o

Ozium
01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
well if you read what is said... all char's will be known by this name, ie global name for account no matter what char your on. which is both good and bad depending on if we can go anon or hide this from others.

Adam Chattaway
01-14-2013, 05:08 AM
well if you read what is said... all char's will be known by this name, ie global name for account no matter what char your on. which is both good and bad depending on if we can go anon or hide this from others.

so what do other people see me in game as? my account name or char name or is my account name what shows on friends list, it still don't make sense to me

Voodeux
01-14-2013, 07:17 AM
so what do other people see me in game as? my account name or char name or is my account name what shows on friends list, it still don't make sense to me

From experience in other games you will be known 'ingame' by your character name. If there is a search option to find you if their are seperated shards then your friends will search for you by your account name. A simple solution in your case as you seem to be confused would be to just have both names be the same.

DiRtDoGg
01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
From experience in other games you will be known 'ingame' by your character name. If there is a search option to find you if their are seperated shards then your friends will search for you by your account name. A simple solution in your case as you seem to be confused would be to just have both names be the same.

QFT I like the way they have this set up

squidgod2000
01-14-2013, 08:22 AM

You can choose to display peoples account names instead of their character names (default).

MuKi1115
01-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Makes sense to me as it allows you to create and roleplay multiple characters with different names while giving your friends and guild mates an option to still recognise you as a player...

lPATT
01-15-2013, 01:57 AM
You can choose to display peoples account names instead of their character names (default).

i think it also make sense for 360 and ps3 to be able to display gamertag

Doc
01-15-2013, 07:21 AM

I assume it is like your PSN or XBOX Live gamertag, you will have that tired to all your accounts in game?

Doc
01-15-2013, 07:22 AM

Is this confirmed, because on DCUO you cannot choose and Borderlands 2 only your PSN and Gamertag is displayed even though you can name your character?