PDA

View Full Version : The "Guess how many Beta testers will be banned" Thread

Siphaed
01-11-2013, 09:14 PM
I may not be able to make a pole in this thread, but just post the numbers and estimate guesses of how many people will be banned.

Q: Why will people be banned?

A: Because during today's Live Stream, the developers and community manager both stated that Defiance is still in Beta under an NDA and people need to "shhh", not talk about it. Yet, there seems to be tons of threads about people posting "I cannot *******" and "how'd you like the game, it was ****** and the best part was ****ing the ***** with a ******* ***** *******". So, for Trion to be serious about their NDA -as well as keep the integrity of their company secrets- it's only obvious that they need to ban the blabber mouths.

My guess at the very least is 50-100 people get banned from participating in next week's publicly announced Closed Beta Weekend. What's your guess?

Zorky
01-11-2013, 09:21 PM
How does this related to the game in anyway please stop making these threads not generally has nothing to do with this test.

KaoticS
01-11-2013, 09:25 PM
It's there fault for not having the beta forums up and ready if thats the case :P

Kopfkissen
01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
none, it's their own fault ...

Feydakin
01-11-2013, 09:29 PM
From what I understand, no one can even get into the beta forums at all for some reason... :o

Soren
01-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Well, a Community Manager -is- posting info on the test on these forums... though no one has said anything about whether or not we're supposed to keep quiet about stuff.

Either way I don't get why people feel the need to express how annoyed they are at the server crashing or express the need to tell everyone about their experience. There's an NDA for a reason -.-

And I'm not trying to excuse people or say it's right to blab here. It honestly bothers me that so many people are spamming this forum because it shows that they didn't bother reading the NDA or using common sense, but whatever.

Funami
01-11-2013, 09:33 PM
from the looks of it is an issue on there end which is causing confusion so if anything all threads will be moved to the proper place and everything should continue as it should.

Siphaed
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
It's there fault for not having the beta forums up and ready if thats the case :P

none, it's their own fault ...

From what I understand, no one can even get into the beta forums at all for some reason... :o

It's kind of narcissistic to blame someone else and take no personal responsibility. And, in truth, it's not like there wasn't another way to contact them. If your feedback was so important to get to Trion, that's where the CONTACT US (https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/) button on the bottom of these forum's pages comes in handy. That's what it's there for: contacting Trion. Forums are public discussions, especially public open ones that can be seen by all. So...you (everyone posting things about the game's testing) are in violation of whatever agreement they agreed to their own accord and punishment should be placed with no blame but their own.

Soren
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Also this really isn't the time or type of test to give feedback on. This is simply a test to see how well the servers hold up when (potentially) thousands of players hit it all at once, and then try to all play in-game at the same time. This is their way of making sure things are going to go well for the Beta, which is THEN where they'll want feedback on the game.

Sam
01-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Is mentioning creating a character blabber? I feel real bad now.. I'm sorry guys.

Ozium
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
am sure some accounts will get banned and take down notices will be submitted, nature of the beast type thing when allow so many unknowns to see your product...

KaoticS
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
It's kind of narcissistic to blame someone else and take no personal responsibility. And, in truth, it's not like there wasn't another way to contact them. If your feedback was so important to get to Trion, that's where the CONTACT US (https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/) button on the bottom of these forum's pages comes in handy. That's what it's there for: contacting Trion. Forums are public discussions, especially public open ones that can be seen by all. So...you (everyone posting things about the game's testing) are in violation of whatever agreement they agreed to their own accord and punishment should be placed with no blame but their own.

You miss the fact they themselves already posted here telling people to try to log back in

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?793-Please-log-in-to-the-stress-test-now!/

So they already know that the NDA for this stress test is kind of fumbled up. Look at their beta forums, they are set in private mode or something of the sort. So yes, if they really wanted a lid on NDA they could of opened those forums up for testers to post problems with the stress test / comments about the game.

Get your head out of the sand dude.

FlyStarJay
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Don't they have a forum where we can post and talk about the game?

Shaiapouf
01-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah, its kinda buried though. (I just found it myself).

You have to go to your Trion account, go to "Defiance Beta" in the manage games section, then you can click "Defiance Beta Forums".

Helsynge
01-11-2013, 10:03 PM
During their tests they have a link found in your Trion account that links you to the Alpha/Beta forums... right now that link brings us to this forum so I assume if they want issues relating to the stress test announced its to be done here since the in-game features aren't always accessible.

Although, yeah... people should really refrain from saying anything else.

Feydakin
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM

You have to go to your Trion account, go to "Defiance Beta" in the manage games section, then you can click "Defiance Beta Forums".

Just FYI, and everyone else, it has been reported that that link used to take people to this forum when clicked... so the fact that so many people are confused and are using this forum to post about the beta shouldn't exactly be a surprise to anyone. Not to mention, as has been pointed out, even Trion CM has been posting beta stuff in here.

Troster
01-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Which brought me here earlier. It's true it's changed now but it's a bit late.

Talen
01-11-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure what the OP was trying here. Seems he thinks he is one of a very special crew that was included in a previous test and wants, desperately, to let the newcomers know they are in DANGER (<---gasp) of NDA violation if they squeek a word about it. lawlz.

WrittenByCobra
01-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Also, please remember you are under NDA if you are in Beta!

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!