PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Show me your moves!

Saminator
06-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Hey, thought I should make a topic about Siege and maybe talk about how we all play it in our different ways :)

What is your loadout?
What is your tactic?
What Siege location do you do best at?

My Loadout

This is currently my standard ark hunting build, I am still planning to make a build specifically for Siege.

VBI Assault Rifle
Element: Syphon
Synergy: Quartmaster (not synergised yet!)
Bonuses: x1.25 Crit, x1.03 Fire Rate, x1.10 Fire Rate, 15% grenade recharge on kill
Melee: Syphon
EXP Bonus: +10% Crit Mult to incoming targets

The high fire rate and crit bonuses really do buff up the damage per second my assault rifle does, since enemies do run towards you too, the exp bonus is a major help, along with syphon triggering frequently and constantly regenerating me.

VOT Nano Fragger
Element: Fire
Synergy: Cannoneer (useless for this gun)
Bonuses: x1.15 Melee DMG, 15% self-revive recharge on revive other player, x0.70 Reload
EXP Bonus: 45% speed boost for 5 seconds after full reload

I don't really use this much in Siege at all as I am not able to do enough damage in one shot due to all the enemies health being buffed from so many players being in one area. I mostly use just to get somewhere faster, this will not be included in my new siege loadout.

Flashnova pro-25Z

Very efficient in Siege I believe, being able to stun all surrounding enemies within an 8.0 radius for 5 seconds is very handy.

Respark Regenerator III DX

Mostly just a high capacity respark due to my EGO rating nearly being 5000, the fast shield regeneration helps me out a lot in Siege, though I plan to find a better shield when I hit 5000 and find a legendary V ARK version of a certain shield.

My Tactic

Picking off the small guys with headshots with my assault rifle and suppressing the enemies in a line.

Favourite Siege Location

Not sure yet, haven't had much time on Siege due to it kicking me out often, waiting on the patch to see if it allows me to stay in the server longer and not kick me out during Siege, though I like them all equally. Diablo I believe seems to favour to me a little more than the others.

http://i43.tinypic.com/3495mdg.jpg

FattyMcG33
06-05-2013, 07:47 AM
My tactic right now is survive, and level weapons lol

Saminator
06-05-2013, 08:03 AM
All of my weapons are level 20 other than bmg's, that's level 10. Not leveling it higher as my EGO is literally about to hit 5000 anyway, I may level it after the patch if I find out that Siege no longer kicks you out of the server more than half the time :p

stormbringer328
06-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Not that it matters much, but I've been taking first with a regular green saw with mods, purple matchlock boomer with grenade recharge, flashnova (never leave home without it), and a respark regen III DX. This is for my ego 2000 char. Similar loadout for my 3500. Detonator will be changing. Too many use them and I think parlty cause of lag. And its just too easy. I usually sit in one location, let dudes get close to gunk emmiter so I can get those lovely crits. After I'm done lvling saw today im gonna try. Xar and immunizer combo. Should be fun. So much loot from sieges makes them uber addicting.

Adrena Chrome
06-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I get first most of the time. And I'm not giving up my secrets on the forum. It will be just like the hulker at san quentin. Everybody will be using that... then what??

Das Chase
06-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I run with any weapon I need leveling and the amount of points I receive is based somewhat on the team. The last thing you need is running from point A to point B because people haven't figured out how to capture points properly. The only time I take damage is when special enemies appear such as the monarch or bulwarks. Unfortunately, I do not trust my grenade lately as it has been doing 0 damage when I throw it.
The ability to use is defiantly overcharge for high damage and instant reloading. I prefer SMGs over other automatic weapons as they have a higher rate of fire which means more overcharge. I would drop the nano fragger and roll with an explosive based weapon. I use the courier sawed off shotgun but I am sure that detonators would be better for the job. Explosive based weapons are key in the sieges as they cover a large area granting assists BUT LAG the system.
I believe the best siege location is San Fran as the team got up to wave 13. The only issue with this location is that San Fran has a lower population count then other sieges which is good and bad depending on the quality of players.
*Saw your Inner Circle post congrats I have done it 3 times now and still haven't had it unlock :(

Kapt
06-05-2013, 10:20 AM
BMG Stingray and the sawed off shotty that shoots 2 timed explosives. I may not have been first place in score (usually 3rd) but def first in assists and lots and lots of loot drops for salvage!
I wont say my fav siege spot. But it is awesome at corraling them all down a road. I usually go ghostbuster on em with my bmg. When the big boys let loose at stage 8 I fall back and assist with kills, but mainly heal other plyrs with my BMG. I am not out for first place, but want all others to have a chance as well with my healing powers. :)

Saminator
06-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Not that it matters much, but I've been taking first with a regular green saw with mods, purple matchlock boomer with grenade recharge, flashnova (never leave home without it), and a respark regen III DX. This is for my ego 2000 char. Similar loadout for my 3500. Detonator will be changing. Too many use them and I think parlty cause of lag. And its just too easy. I usually sit in one location, let dudes get close to gunk emmiter so I can get those lovely crits. After I'm done lvling saw today im gonna try. Xar and immunizer combo. Should be fun. So much loot from sieges makes them uber addicting.

The detonator/launcher spam definitely causes major lags when the majority of the players use it within sieges, I keep getting kicked mostly because of that :(

Kapt
06-05-2013, 10:21 AM
I get first most of the time. And I'm not giving up my secrets on the forum. It will be just like the hulker at san quentin. Everybody will be using that... then what??

I dont use the hulker at san quentin. Havent been to san since doing the mssns on day 2 of release. lol
(I have another spot for the rapid wpn skill exp)

Saminator
06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
BMG Stingray and the sawed off shotty that shoots 2 timed explosives. I may not have been first place in score (usually 3rd) but def first in assists and lots and lots of loot drops for salvage!
I wont say my fav siege spot. But it is awesome at corraling them all down a road. I usually go ghostbuster on em with my bmg. When the big boys let loose at stage 8 I fall back and assist with kills, but mainly heal other plyrs with my BMG. I am not out for first place, but want all others to have a chance as well with my healing powers. :)

I notice BMG's level up very rapidly at Sieges, the link range definitely helps, especially since the enemies have a lot of health. Always good to have a medic on the team :)

fang1192
06-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Mass Cannon, Bio-grenade, Decoy, Deadly Cascade, Mad Bomber. When i kill, i kill a lot at once, if i dont i get a lot of assists. Either way, i usually place in the top 3.

born2beagator
06-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Until they make the lag bearable, I don't have a favorite since I avoid them.