PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Shot Converter

maggie mae
06-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I just found a 'Toxic Shot Converter' It supposedly gives shotguns the 'Toxic' ability, in the magazine mod slot for shotguns.

Ive heard rumors that this ability doesn't work anymore, is this a useful mod? Or is it something left over from Beta they forgot to take out of the game.

Thanks
- Maggie

Cavadus
06-05-2013, 01:15 PM
They work just fine. You can only get the effect if you slot it into a weapon WITHOUT a nano effect. If you put in one that has a nano it won't override the pre-existing one and you'll have wasted the mod.

Tyger
06-05-2013, 01:18 PM
AHHHHHHHH...... ok, thx Cav. I was wondering wtf was wrong with it when I tried to turn a sludge shotty into a corrosive one. Has to be a 'vanilla' weapon with no previous nano.. Got it. XD thx

maggie mae
06-05-2013, 02:07 PM
WOW thanks Cav, I was gonna either reduce it to ark salvage or put it on a sludge weapon aswell. You saved me a headache.

Shada Mori
06-05-2013, 04:36 PM
I just found a 'Toxic Shot Converter' It supposedly gives shotguns the 'Toxic' ability, in the magazine mod slot for shotguns.

Ive heard rumors that this ability doesn't work anymore, is this a useful mod? Or is it something left over from Beta they forgot to take out of the game.

Thanks
- Maggie

Also for some reason you can't put them in VOT shotguns of any kind... which annoys me since all the best (and I use the term loosely since shotguns suck now) are VOT ones.

Cyripax NeoPrime
06-05-2013, 04:42 PM
They work just fine. You can only get the effect if you slot it into a weapon WITHOUT a nano effect. If you put in one that has a nano it won't override the pre-existing one and you'll have wasted the mod.
I actually posted a thread asking that the other day, and someone misinformed me. Had to destroy my weapon to get the mod back.
If only you were around to answer me,lol.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?81267-Question-about-nano-mod.-Toxic-shot-converter. Ive deleted the pics but you get the point anyway.

And I agree, all my top picks are votan shottys for this mod. Sucks you cant use it on them

crasher
06-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I found a toxic mag converter for assault weapons, and put it on the EMC-XAR-22 I got from Nolan when he stole my loot.

Seems to work more aggressively, but not night/day, so it could be pure placebo.

But the color is nice to splash around, if nothing else.