PDA

View Full Version : Future of the Game?

Monkeylord4
06-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I have been really curious as to the state of Defiance with the swap into "next-gen" consoles. I know that other MMOs (Planetside 2, and Warframe) are porting onto the PS4 and I am hoping Defiance will be there too. I personally play on PC but I do not want the see this franchise dying because of a release at the end of a console's lifespan. If it is not much to ask, May this please be answered on Across the Badlands? I know many players that are worried about this issue.

Daholic
06-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I have been really curious as to the state of Defiance with the swap into "next-gen" consoles. I know that other MMOs (Planetside 2, and Warframe) are porting onto the PS4 and I am hoping Defiance will be there too. I personally play on PC but I do not want the see this franchise dying because of a release at the end of a console's lifespan. If it is not much to ask, May this please be answered on Across the Badlands? I know many players that are worried about this issue.

Porting over to the next gen console is purely a cash grab. Unless the game is totally re-designed using next gen technology (which it wont be) all it will be is a port, and only an idiot would purchase the same game 2wice to play on a console that will be grossly over priced. Yea, lets stretch an already thin population thinner.

Xanirus
06-05-2013, 03:58 PM

They already did answer this on ATB. (Or the twitch live feed, can't remember where I heard it.) They more or less said they have to keep quiet on this. I would too personally, I wouldn't want to exactly rush into making a game for a system that no one is sure anyone will buy thanks to "business-like" decisions.