PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Defiance .... Hello State of Decay......

The Gray
06-05-2013, 06:06 PM
So done with this game and its sillyness ie counter productive. Patches. It sad when an open world games come sout and and cost only 20 dollars and beats u out....... Love State of Decays

Gratty
06-05-2013, 06:23 PM
This is definitely not the best of threads to be posted. I know Defiance has it's issues, but this is more of a middle finger to the Defiance team type thread :P

I do agree that some time needs to spent away from Defiance while the dev team (hopefully) tries to get on track and can start patching the game without it resulting in a multitude of other bugs or things of the like.

A s0t
06-05-2013, 06:25 PM
This is definitely not the best of threads to be posted. I know Defiance has it's issues, but this is more of a middle finger to the Defiance team type thread :P

I do agree that some time needs to spent away from Defiance while the dev team (hopefully) tries to get on track and can start patching the game without it resulting in a multitude of other bugs or things of the like.it just a good bye thread wait for the lock

Unsent Soul
06-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm sure ill buy it eventually.... It won't get mp till later right? So that kinda makes this post pointless.... Seeing as how these are 2 different games I'm sure ill enjoy both though.

Gratty
06-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm sure ill buy it eventually.... It won't get mp till later right? So that kinda makes this post pointless.... Seeing as how these are 2 different games I'm sure ill enjoy both though.

Apparently the MP aspect will come later DEPENDING on how well the game is received with its current audience. So if it sells well, we can expect some awesome open world MP

Nefarious
06-05-2013, 06:28 PM
to bad SOD is single player.

Gratty
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
to bad SOD is single player.

Not for long I hope

LALLY
06-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Not for long I hope

I think SOD is just a stepping stone for a full on zombie mmo from what ive heard, could be wrong though, so im not sure if SOD would become multiplayer.

I just played the demo, thought it was good, but could see it becoming boring very quickly for me

Roberto
06-05-2013, 06:51 PM
I am hoping that state of decay will go multiplayer, but right now Defiance is still the only game of its kind. Lots of developers have talked about doing a console mmo, but Trion is the only one who attempted it. Gotta give them some credit.

Gratty
06-05-2013, 07:05 PM
I am hoping that state of decay will go multiplayer, but right now Defiance is still the only game of its kind. Lots of developers have talked about doing a console mmo, but Trion is the only one who attempted it. Gotta give them some credit.

There have been console MMOs before this lol. FFXI, PSU, EQOA, and I am sure there are others. DCUO is one too. I give them no props, unfortunately.

NoLolz
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
The fact you had to come on here and brag that you are changing games, is proof that you are neither a competent gamer, or a fun person to play with.

Posting as if i was someone like you, i would say, what? did you get bored of camo and shotgunning people?

I along with many other people enjoy this game and will enjoy it for days and days to come, although at 1819 the grind is becoming intense, which is making me love this game more and more. Anyone else happy to finally get lvl 10 sawed-offs?

PoLeo
06-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I do agree that some time needs to spent away from Defiance while the dev team (hopefully) tries to get on track and can start patching the game without it resulting in a multitude of other bugs or things of the like.

What I've been doing. Been playing Dark Souls and Skyrim. Still hop on every day to check dailies and all that.

MykeMirage
06-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Wait wait wait. You're going to play another game?!?!?

NOT ALLOWED.

THE LAW OF THE WORLD IS ONLY DEFIANCE. YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED DEFIANCE. BAD. BAD! YOU BURN IN HELL FOR YOUR SINS.

(Seriously, who cares? You're going to play a game other than Defiance? Whoop-di-do. If you're going to completely stop playing a game that cost $60 and plan on never touching it again, that's your idiocy. Or... simply play the game when you feel like it. I know, I'm a genius. Playing other games besides Defiance, who would've thought of that?!)

A s0t
06-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Wait wait wait. You're going to play another game?!?!?

NOT ALLOWED.

THE LAW OF THE WORLD IS ONLY DEFIANCE. YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED DEFIANCE. BAD. BAD! YOU BURN IN HELL FOR YOUR SINS.

crap i finished the campaign for dead island 2 was avoiding the server patch like the plague

MAXsandwich
06-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Goodbye Defiance... Hello State of Decay...

Thats basicly what I said today too...

I'm not so much down on defiance as I am jes a little bored of driving around doing the same stuff over and over. I do like the new infected content and seiges, but its not quite enough to have me chomping at the bit to log on.

For anybody interested in State of Decay I would say that the game is much more interesting mechanicly than the demo/trial allows you to see... and there is a real major sense of tension due to the perma-death aspect.

So... ima take a break from Defiance for awhile and mabey let some changes to the game and new content build up and come back after awhile... or mabe jes bounce on for short periods once in a blue moon.

WBuchanan
06-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Probably a good idea to take a break before DLC comes out. Cya on the flipside.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Especially because I can see the DLC release being disastrous. Any good MP games out there that would be fun for multiple people to play? Other than the obvious ones (CoD, BF, Halo, etc.)

Grit
06-06-2013, 06:41 AM
I've been playing GRID2 and NCAA Football13 lol.. I need to hop on Defiance and check their zombies out...but i dunno..

picked up SoD last night, had some fun with it. Hope to see more to come with the game.

Hope that the whole Defiance gets its act together and is that game my friends and I "must play" for the good times fun.

Gratty
06-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I've been playing GRID2 and NCAA Football13 lol.. I need to hop on Defiance and check their zombies out...but i dunno..

picked up SoD last night, had some fun with it. Hope to see more to come with the game.

Hope that the whole Defiance gets its act together and is that game my friends and I "must play" for the good times fun.

It would be nice if Defiance was more playable. It'd be nice just to have some type of clan activity (or better yet activities). I just want to find a good MP game so that my clan and I can play it while we wait for Defiance to get a little better.

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 06:50 AM
I just bought State of Decay yesterday. I'm on it now. Love it! It's like Walking Dead vs. Left 4 Dead. REAL Zombies!!!! Not this Afflicted crap.

HighRiskGunman
06-06-2013, 06:50 AM
i thought Defiance was State of decay... no wait i mean is in a state of decay

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 07:07 AM
i thought Defiance was State of decay... no wait i mean is in a state of decay

Lmao......

The Seeker
06-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Is that on 360? lmao

So done with this game and its sillyness ie counter productive. Patches. It sad when an open world games come sout and and cost only 20 dollars and beats u out....... Love State of Decays

lordchun
06-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Especially because I can see the DLC release being disastrous. Any good MP games out there that would be fun for multiple people to play? Other than the obvious ones (CoD, BF, Halo, etc.)
Mass Effect 3 is a lot of fun. At lest till u only have ultra rates left

Gratty
06-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Mass Effect 3 is a lot of fun. At lest till u only have ultra rates left

I only played the MP demo before the actual release of ME3. I will try it out since it is so cheap now :P

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Is that on 360? lmao

Yep. Sure is.

Grit
06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
It would be nice if Defiance was more playable. It'd be nice just to have some type of clan activity (or better yet activities). I just want to find a good MP game so that my clan and I can play it while we wait for Defiance to get a little better.

My buddies and I as a clan aren't huge in #s by any means...i mean we have maybe 10 ppl in our clan tops..but out of all those ppl i've been gaming with them for years on various games. we're all in our late 20s to early 40s so we have a good mix of guys. we're more focused on having fun and hell just sitting back shootin the breeze no matter what games we're playing. To me "gaming" is more like hangin with friends, it just happens to be that we're playing video games in the background lol

lordchun
06-06-2013, 08:10 AM
I only played the MP demo before the actual release of ME3. I will try it out since it is so cheap now :P

Yep plus all the DLC is free for MP good times

Qmarkball
06-06-2013, 08:15 AM
what a cry baby.

BYE LITTLE FELLA!

Silent Hysteria
06-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Ahh...someone mentioned EQOA... I loved that game... I really wish they would make a sequel. It was well made.. Especially with the additional content they added after a year or so.

Now that's out of the way... They say the only thing certain in life is Death and Taxes. I amend that to include people getting on forums saying they are leaving the game.....AND people who post on those threads saying stop being a baby and "im tired of seeing these threads" when they could have easily not clicked on the obvious bye thread and wasted more of their time by replying to "something they loathe" . HAHA..

Seriously, if someone spends 60 on a game I believe that earns them the right to post a bye thread. Not like it really hurts anyone. At least it isn't like the XBOX VS PS threads with people complaining about a system they never really played. :)

Tzar of kaos
06-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Off topic-pointless-and didn't use ADVANCED SEARCH...And of course you didn't know that isn't your facebook page.The only good thing : you quit. Thanks.

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Ahh...someone mentioned EQOA... I loved that game... I really wish they would make a sequel. It was well made.. Especially with the additional content they added after a year or so.

Now that's out of the way... They say the only thing certain in life is Death and Taxes. I amend that to include people getting on forums saying they are leaving the game.....AND people who post on those threads saying stop being a baby and "im tired of seeing these threads" when they could have easily not clicked on the obvious bye thread and wasted more of their time by replying to "something they loathe" . HAHA..

Seriously, if someone spends 60 on a game I believe that earns them the right to post a bye thread. Not like it really hurts anyone. At least it isn't like the XBOX VS PS threads with people complaining about a system they never really played. :)

I completely agree. Most people in the video game world get in here to exercise their lil fake tough guy freedom of speech behind the safety of their mom's laptop. They wouldn't dare saying thing in real life. I'm a former Marine, 2 combat tours, standing at 6'4". And I went to the Black Ops 2 midnight release, boasting out loud in the crowded line to my friend Amy about how these chumps are online & how they're scared in real life. Of course NO ONE said anything to me. I wish they had though... *cracks knuckles* After all Assualt is only a misdemeanor. =)

Semper Fi

Hope499
06-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I think SOD is just a stepping stone for a full on zombie mmo from what ive heard, could be wrong though, so im not sure if SOD would become multiplayer.

I just played the demo, thought it was good, but could see it becoming boring very quickly for me

Rumors say the team of dead island bought the name "dead world" a while back, and has plans for it.

State of decay? pffft, if I want to play a SP game I got some RPG's to bust out (Dragons dogma still lol, beef lofting)

I was REALLY hyped for it, then my buddy was playing it yesterday told me its SP....wtf

If it goes Multi I will probably get it then.

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Rumors say the team of dead island bought the name "dead world" a while back, and has plans for it.

State of decay? pffft, if I want to play a SP game I got some RPG's to bust out (Dragons dogma still lol, beef lofting)

I was REALLY hyped for it, then my buddy was playing it yesterday told me its SP....wtf

If it goes Multi I will probably get it then.

Undead Labs said that they will introduce a MP element later. You're right though. SoD also known a Project Class 3, is just the beginning. Undead Labs is currently working on Project Class 4, for the new console. Which will be a MMOZRPG.

Also apparently Lionhead Studios is working on a Fable MMO as well.

Hope499
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Undead Labs said that they will introduce a MP element later. You're right though. SoD also known a Project Class 3, is just the beginning. Undead Labs is currently working on Project Class 4, for the new console. Which will be a MMOZRPG.

Also apparently Lionhead Studios is working on a Fable MMO as well.

Fable 1 was ok.

The rest were...well......trash

I did not die or go down once in fable 2/3...pathetic...I need SOME challenge.....they were child games, less mature than any Zelda. Hate fable now...such a let down.

Your info about a MMOZRPG is greaaat tho :) cant even think about it or I get too excited.

Silent Hysteria
06-06-2013, 09:33 AM
I completely agree. Most people in the video game world get in here to exercise their lil fake tough guy freedom of speech behind the safety of their mom's laptop. They wouldn't dare saying thing in real life. I'm a former Marine, 2 combat tours, standing at 6'4". And I went to the Black Ops 2 midnight release, boasting out loud in the crowded line to my friend Amy about how these chumps are online & how they're scared in real life. Of course NO ONE said anything to me. I wish they had though... *cracks knuckles* After all Assualt is only a misdemeanor. =)

Semper Fi

I was with the Chair Force...lol. Spent some time in Falluja and Al Taqadum with marines and Rustamiyah and Muhmadiyah with Army. Lot of respect for you guys.

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 09:39 AM
I was with the Chair Force...lol. Spent some time in Falluja and Al Taqadum with marines and Rustamiyah and Muhmadiyah with Army. Lot of respect for you guys.

Lol. Chair Force.

That's about as good as A.R.M.Y.= Aren't Ready to be Marines Yet.

Silent Hysteria
06-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Lol. Chair Force.

That's about as good as A.R.M.Y.= Aren't Ready to be Marines Yet.

I worked areas with other branches. The cracks back and forth between branches was always fun.... Marines always got mad at "If you scored a little higher on ASVAB you could have made it into McDonalds" .. :) Seriously, though... you guys and the ARMY were always fighting for real at bars and etc over how tough one another was.... while AF was in the back like "Nah I'm good...ill drink my beer and talk to this girl"

I always joked about growing up being made fun of about how little I had...I had to go into Air Force to be made fun of how much I had...lol.

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I worked areas with other branches. The cracks back and forth between branches was always fun.... Marines always got mad at "If you scored a little higher on ASVAB you could have made it into McDonalds" .. :) Seriously, though... you guys and the ARMY were always fighting for real at bars and etc over how tough one another was.... while AF was in the back like "Nah I'm good...ill drink my beer and talk to this girl"

I always joked about growing up being made fun of about how little I had...I had to go into Air Force to be made fun of how much I had...lol.

Yeah the Marines known for being scholars, it's not our profession.

I remember in boot camp when they were educating us on Marine Corps history. The Drill Instructor would ask a random recruit a question. And if the Recruit was like like, Sir... Uh... Uh.... The the umm..... The Drill Instructor would yell, Get on your face and give me 50 push ups! If you don't want to be smart, then you're going to be strong! Lol

Gratty
06-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Fable 1 was ok.

The rest were...well......trash

I did not die or go down once in fable 2/3...pathetic...I need SOME challenge.....they were child games, less mature than any Zelda. Hate fable now...such a let down.

Your info about a MMOZRPG is greaaat tho :) cant even think about it or I get too excited.

FABLE 1 HD REMAKE OMFG WAFFLES yay

SHADOWBROKER
06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
i look at it like this. who is going to miss him? did you know him?.......i never even seen this guy before. Bye!

YuKi TheSniper
06-06-2013, 07:11 PM
So much better than defiance right now, I'm just waiting on dlc which will come out in 2055

MFin Rambo
06-06-2013, 10:04 PM
So much better than defiance right now, I'm just waiting on dlc which will come out in 2055

Lmao!!!!!!!!!

Axton121
06-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Tried the SoD demo tonight, that'll be a fun game. Too bad the minds behind it didn't have the backing of a well funded publisher that could put out a finely tuned product. Reminds me of Fort Zombie, great ideas, mediocre execution. Unbacked by a major publisher. But the content was so well thought out that the rough edges were easy to look past.

ocktos
06-07-2013, 12:12 AM
SoD, won't get Multiplayer for some time, probably 5 months.. because they are using the game engine for a test to see how " Class 4 " will work, their PC Zombie MMO. They are chasing after WarZ and DayZ .. and to be honest, since ARMA 3 is being Released with a DayZ Mod, i highly doubt you'll see a Green Light on " Class 4"

As much as i'd like to see them have success, it wont happen. To many people already love the DayZ formula, look how WarZ copied it, and did it worse in every way. Anyone who opens their mouth to state that WarZ isn't anything but great, gets perma banned by the company.

But Non the less, if by any chance " Class 4 " gets a green light... won't happen until Xbox One, Since Microsoft is opening up and starting to add MMO's / MMO-MOBA's to their roster on the Next Console.
and since State of Decay, has some backing from Microsoft Studio's, Microsoft isn't known for going out on a limb. They stay tested and True, so unless a million+ people buy State of Decay... we wont be seeing it having Multiplayer or see its MMO Bigger brother

Deaths Nation
06-07-2013, 02:04 AM
I must admit, SoD is addicting. I just got it yesterday. That was the first game that has actually gotten me off of defiance. I've played defiance everyday since the launch. Its like a breath of fresh air. I'll probably just beat it and be back to defiance but that game has actual potential. With more money backing it and more notoriety, it can be something special.

Serenity
06-07-2013, 05:01 AM

defiance is an mmo, SOD is single player , defiance has alot of different enemies, raiders, hellbugs, etc. SOD has zombies, an mmo does not evolve quickly , it takes time to perfect itself, wow wasnt always awesome , in the beginning it was much like defiance....
goodbye

Demoniku22
06-07-2013, 07:24 AM
SoD, won't get Multiplayer for some time, probably 5 months.. because they are using the game engine for a test to see how " Class 4 " will work, their PC Zombie MMO. They are chasing after WarZ and DayZ .. and to be honest, since ARMA 3 is being Released with a DayZ Mod, i highly doubt you'll see a Green Light on " Class 4"

As much as i'd like to see them have success, it wont happen. To many people already love the DayZ formula, look how WarZ copied it, and did it worse in every way. Anyone who opens their mouth to state that WarZ isn't anything but great, gets perma banned by the company.

But Non the less, if by any chance " Class 4 " gets a green light... won't happen until Xbox One, Since Microsoft is opening up and starting to add MMO's / MMO-MOBA's to their roster on the Next Console.
and since State of Decay, has some backing from Microsoft Studio's, Microsoft isn't known for going out on a limb. They stay tested and True, so unless a million+ people buy State of Decay... we wont be seeing it having Multiplayer or see its MMO Bigger brother

Sate of Decay is a test run for thier MMO, but it will be for the console since that is and has been thier target platform. More then likely they will get a PC version of the MMO since they are getting a PC version of "State of Decay". As far as your notes on DayZ, SoD has been in develoment Before Dean even thought of the mod for ARMA 2. SoD (at the time class 3) was first brought in by M$ back in 2009 and actualy started full development in 2011 built from the ground up using UE3. DayZ was built on a already existing game with almost all content brought over from ARMA 2. They copied nothing from DayZ.

bodybag360
06-07-2013, 07:37 AM

There are already 4 confirmed MMO's for PS4... Warframe , Blacklight Retribution , Planetside 2 , DC universe Online... Well, they call Waframe a MMO, but what i have seen from the PC version, it just looks like mission grinding as a Ninja.

EDIT: ok warframe isn't considered a MMO. Guess i just heard that somewhere.

EDIT AGAIN: And Blacklight Retribution is just a Online only Shooter. Oh well.

N3gativeCr33p
06-07-2013, 07:41 AM
It sad when an open world games come sout and and cost only 20 dollars and beats u out....... Love State of Decays

They're not even the same kind of game... like comparing apples with a dump truck.

Nice thread pause not.

forestcobra07
06-07-2013, 09:01 AM
they said if it does well they are going to make it into an mmo

Gratty
06-08-2013, 07:20 PM
State of Decay is so dope

Death Wish
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
All game's are not created equal.
This game will be good soon, I mean its seriously fun now but when dlc's and future (free) patches drop this game will really take off.
And I hear bungie is "attempting" to make an MMo with only 400 people (LESS LAG!) in the same place not 14 (state of decay).

Fakinell
06-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Haven't read the full thread.

Just wanted to jump in and point out the utter lunacy of this thread and it's title.

You'll be back.

mambonutz
06-09-2013, 01:36 AM
I downloaded and took a look for about 15 min. this morning...meh.
It doesn't do much for me, so I started back with Defiance after.

It's everyone's choice, but State of Decay is not mine.

MstrJedi_Kyle
06-09-2013, 04:08 AM
I have enjoyed SoD quite a bit but it should have been a co-op game. To me it legitimately feels like its missing. If they add in at a later date that would pretty much be the greatest thing ever. I feel it would do a lot of good for that game.

Gratty
06-09-2013, 09:35 AM
The game is great alone, but I could see it as being fantastic with friends.