PDA

View Full Version : My stupid Noob question of the day

X TAPP
06-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna have to hit ya'll with 2 today

1st what is the difference between the white or blue text above character?

2nd I've been maxed out on key codes for the last week, how are these used?

RNMQueen
06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
From one noob to another, if your in a clan the name above the character is a clan mate

and two the key codes are what you use to open lock boxes by vendors and it gives you random decent loot, and where your most likely to pull a legendary items, and once you max your keys you'll quit getting them added so it's better to spend them and earn em, gives you more chances of pulling better loot :)

X TAPP
06-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks RNM

I figured the color change was for clans, but I'm the only member of my clan ( pretty sad ) I noticed when playing co op the text is green, but when running thru random missions, I always look at characters names and clans just to see if I recognize them and I noticed the some characters have white text above them and some have blue? IDK was just curious

as for the key codes I figured they were for lock boxes, but I went to several different boxes and haven't figured out how to use the codes. ......ahhh the pains of being a Noob...lmao........and haven't played online since rainbow six vegas 2......so a little rusty

Thanks again
X TAPP

A s0t
06-05-2013, 09:40 PM
you see that funny looking box next to most vendors that you can interact with? that's the lockboxes
the tier 3 cost 24 keycodes and 2,000 scrip. or you can buy with bits
bits = real money

X TAPP
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks A s0t

I just used my key codes for a tier 4 , I don't have a clue what I got but I bought it...lol.....I had looked at the lock boxes before, it just looked like you had to use scrip and the key codes so I didn't mess with it, thanks for the info though

A s0t
06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
if you have full inventory they go to claims
loadout screen/map ~~> left trigger ~~>defiance store~~> claims

duction
06-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I always see guys with a blue name above their heads and they are not in my clan. Blue on the radar and they are In my clan... How does that work lol

A s0t
06-06-2013, 12:01 AM
blue names also when you get out of a pvp match or they just did

X TAPP
06-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Wow Thanks A s0t

I found all kinds of shtako in claims
so much to learn, I appreciate everyone help

thanks again
X TAPP

A s0t
06-06-2013, 01:09 AM
hit up the settings and increase the overscan it moves the hud closer to the corners of the screen i have mine about 6 blocks give it a try

BadPanther86
06-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Blue is also a friend.