PDA

View Full Version : [Help!] One thing I'm not quite understanding with Synergy.



Hudson420
06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Problem Solved, thanks BrassRazoo.
Off topic - PM or add me if you have any Rolling Thunder (possibly cannonneer) Synergy mods for SMG/AR/LMG, on Xbox, (UK/EU) GT: Turtlespoon

--------------

How/Where do I get weapons with matching Synergy types to Synergy mods?
So far the only (unmodded) weapons I have found have only had [2] Synergy type, E.g Outlaw. and Synergy Wep-mods do not have the Outlaw type.

Example: So If I want a SMG with the [4] Assassin Synergy bonuses, would I need to first find an unmodded SMG that says:

Synergy: Assassin
[1]: +2% Crit Mult
[2]: +4% Crit Mult
[3]: +5% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)
[4]: +10% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)
Right?

Cause in my playtime I've not seen that type of Synergy layout appear under a weapon, only under a mod.
I have seen it before on the Trion Synergy tutorial however the weapon in the picture already had 2 Synergy mods attached.

Trion:

The only way activate these synergies is to place mods of the same synergy type as the weapon in the mod slots. So if you had an ‘Assassin’ weapon, you would need to place an ‘Assassin’ mod in the weapon for the bonuses to activate

What I'm looking for I guess is this hypothetical "Assassin weapon" that Trion mentioned above, BEFORE any Synergy weapon mods were bought & attatched.
Can I obtain a weapon with no Mods that has an Assassin Synergy? Or does a plain weapon gain a Synergy type when the first Synergy mod is attatched?

I'm probably just overlooking something obvious, or I've just had bad luck and have never found a [4] Synergy Weapon, but I would appreciate the help as neither of the Trion tutorials really expanded on the Synergy Weapon before the Synergy Wep-Mods were attached.

Thanks.
-Hudson

dominad
06-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Have you got a link to the synergy tutorials I don't think I have yet to see any synergy mods or weapons...

BrassRazoo
06-05-2013, 09:34 PM
This is my take on it from what I have read.

There are two types of Synergy.

1. Like you quoted Synergy: Assassin
[1]: +2% Crit Mult
[2]: +4% Crit Mult
[3]: +5% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)
[4]: +10% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)

To have these bonuses apply to the weapon, you need to find the Mods that also have the Assassin Synergy on them and install them.
If you install 1 Assassin Mod on an Assassin Synergy weapon you will get the +2% Crit Mult, attach two and you get +4%, so on and so forth.
I believe you can only get Synergy Mods from Synergy Mod Caches with Keycodes or Reputation points.
They very rarely, if ever go on sale for Scrip.

The second Synergy type is the one that only has one Bonus [2]
For this Synergy to apply you do not need any specific Synergy Mod, just two weapons with the same Synergy [2] on them.

Also, if you attach a Synergy Mod to a Weapon with no Synergy or a different Synergy you will only get the Mod stat bonus not the Synergy bonus.
Whereas if you attach a Synergy Mod to the correct Synergy weapon you will get the stats from the Mod eg: +1.15 DMG and the Synergy bonus eg: +2% Crit Mult.

Hudson420
06-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Have you got a link to the synergy tutorials I don't think I have yet to see any synergy mods or weapons...
This (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/07/weapon-synergy/) is a tutorial strait from Trions site. And this (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1532/~/defiance-synergy-bonus-information) is a Bonus Info page from Trion with lists and effects of all Synergy types.

Pm me if you need a hand and I may be able to help out.

Strahd
06-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Here's my understanding of how it works, not saying it's right but just my thoughts on the matter.

You have two categories, Weapon synergy and Mod synergy.

Weapon synergy would be listed beneath your weapon description looking similiar to this:

[2] Veteran synergy, x1.xx rate of fire after full reload. In order to get the x1.xx modifier to increase your rate of fire after a full reload you would have to have (2) weapons with the [2]Veteran Synergy equipped in your primary and secondary weapon slots.

Mod synergy would be just like the example you posted. Each weapon has (4) slots that mods can be added to. Stock, Barrel, Mag, Scope. In your example
Synergy: Assassin
[1]: +2% Crit Mult
[2]: +4% Crit Mult
[3]: +5% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)
[4]: +10% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)

It's telling you that with (1) assassin mod added to the weapon you would get the +2% Crit Multiplier, (2) mods would get you +4%, and so on. However keep in mind the only way to get those multipliers would be by adding Assassin mods.

Hope this helps and again it's just my take on it.

**It would appear I type to slowly and was beat to the punch lol**

Kasteil
06-05-2013, 09:41 PM
If a weapon has a synergy of assassin [4] and you get 2 mods to get the 4% crit mult, does it stack with the first crit mult of 2% so you have a total of 6%?

BrassRazoo
06-05-2013, 09:44 PM
If a weapon has a synergy of assassin [4] and you get 2 mods to get the 4% crit mult, does it stack with the first crit mult of 2% so you have a total of 6%?

I don't know.
You would have to calculate it yourself from Crit damage before and after.
I doubt it though.
If it did it would be interesting. Then it would open a can of worms on everything else stacking.

Hudson420
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Here's my understanding of how it works, not saying it's right but just my thoughts on the matter.

You have two categories, Weapon synergy and Mod synergy.
Yeah I understood that much, I was asking what a Synergy weapon before it has been modded looks like, or if they even exist because I had never seen one during my playtime and assumed a weapon gained a synergy type after the first synergy mod was attached.




Also, if you attach a Synergy Mod to a Weapon with no Synergy or a different Synergy you will only get the Mod stat bonus not the Synergy bonus.
Whereas if you attaché a Synergy Mod to the correct Synergy weapon you will get the stats from the Mod eg: +1.15 DMG and the Synergy bonus eg: +2% Crit Mult.

I see, I already got the majority of it, but the last paragraph clarified mostly everything. So basically I've just been unlucky and have never come across a weapon with a [4] Synergy type on it. The only weapons with Synergy I've across have had a [2] Synergy type. I was questioning whether a [4] weapon even existed as I had never seen one, and thought that maybe a plain weapon gained its synergy type after receiving it's first synergy mod. Thanks for clarifying pal, now I can spend my scrip in confidence knowing I'm doing it properly :).

Thanks for the quick response!
-Hudson

piercehead
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM
If a weapon has a synergy of assassin [4] and you get 2 mods to get the 4% crit mult, does it stack with the first crit mult of 2% so you have a total of 6%?

No it's not cumulative, just the highest, so you would get 4% with 2 mods. I have 2 Prepared mods in my SAW, which regenerates 2% ammo per 10 secs, i.e. 10 bullets every 10 seconds. What's good about this one btw is that it keeps ticking when you're in a vehicle if you had the weapon equipped when you got in :D

And to the OP, you will find lots and lots of Synergy weapons as you level up, then it's just a case of actually managing to find Synergy mods that a) fit the Synergy weapon you have and b) you actually want :D

BlackR3ap3r
06-05-2013, 09:59 PM
How/Where do I get weapons with matching Synergy types to Synergy mods?
So far the only (unmodded) weapons I have found have only had [2] Synergy type, E.g Outlaw. and Synergy Wep-mods do not have the Outlaw type.

Example: So If I want a SMG with the [4] Assassin Synergy bonuses, would I need to first find an unmodded SMG that says:

Right?

Cause in my playtime I've not seen that type of Synergy layout appear under a weapon, only under a mod.
I have seen it before on the Trion Synergy tutorial however the weapon in the picture already had 2 Synergy mods attached.

Trion:


What I'm looking for I guess is this hypothetical "Assassin weapon" that Trion mentioned above, BEFORE any Synergy weapon mods were bought & attatched.
Can I obtain a weapon with no Mods that has an Assassin Synergy? Or does a plain weapon gain a Synergy type when the first Synergy mod is attatched?

I'm probably just overlooking something obvious, or I've just had bad luck and have never found a [4] Synergy Weapon, but I would appreciate the help as neither of the Trion tutorials really expanded on the Synergy Weapon before the Synergy Wep-Mods were attached.

Thanks.
-Hudson

As an owner of both an assassin sniper rifle and rocket launcher u just have bad luck. I still have yet to find the mods for those guns but that's besides the point. Keep playing and you'll find your assassin SMG

Hudson420
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
As an owner of both an assassin sniper rifle and rocket launcher u just have bad luck. I still have yet to find the mods for those guns but that's besides the point. Keep playing and you'll find your assassin SMG
Oh I want a Rolling Thunder SMG :3 The Assassin SMG was just an example used by Trion.




And to the OP, you will find lots and lots of Synergy weapons as you level up, then it's just a case of actually managing to find Synergy mods that a) fit the Synergy weapon you have and b) you actually want :D
Nice, I'm coming up to 700 soon so hopefully not much waiting left. Thanks I'll keep on playing till my luck changes.

BrassRazoo
06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I have many of both at 4000 odd EGO.
The issue I am having is getting the correct Synergy Mod for the correct slot and weapon.
This is where an auction house type system would come in handy.
100 Rep points for one chance to roll yourself the correct Mod, in my opinion is too expensive.
It can take up to 10 days just doing daily Contracts to get 100 Rep points for a chance to roll a Mod.

DopedGoat
06-05-2013, 10:33 PM
So do the Mod synergys stack then? ie:

Rolling Thunder
[1] +5% Mag
[2] +10% Mag
[3] +10% Hip Accuracy
[4] +20% Hip Accuracy

If I mod a weapon with 4 of the Rolling Thunder mods, will I get an extra 15% Mag size and 30% Hip accuracy?

Hudson420
06-05-2013, 10:34 PM
I have many of both at 4000 odd EGO.
The issue I am having is getting the correct Synergy Mod for the correct slot and weapon.
This is where an auction house type system would come in handy.
100 Rep points for one chance to roll yourself the correct Mod, in my opinion is too expensive.
It can take up to 10 days just doing daily Contracts to get 100 Rep points for a chance to roll a Mod.

That's why I'm going rolling Thunder, there's a possibility of RT Synergy mods appearing at the 2nd Secret Vendor (Apparently).
I'm hoping if I keep checking every time they reload their supplies I'll have a good chance of finding the Mods I need.
Atleast I hope it will work like that. Atleast no reputation points needed for it.

However I'm dreading the Rep points cause I know it needs doing at some point when I move on to different weapons... Hopefully they lower the price or make Rep easier to get...


So do the Mod synergys stack then? ie:

Rolling Thunder
[1] +5% Mag
[2] +10% Mag
[3] +10% Hip Accuracy
[4] +20% Hip Accuracy

If I mod a weapon with 4 of the Rolling Thunder mods, will I get an extra 15% Mag size and 30% Hip aaaccuracy?

No apparently not.

DopedGoat
06-05-2013, 10:37 PM
So what do I get for adding 4 slots? Just the +20% Hip accuracy or a 10% mag and 20% Accuracy... bleh! Not very clear.

btw guys I Have a rolling thunder mod on my character (EU server) cant remember what weapon but if your interested message me on xbl: DopedGoat