PDA

View Full Version : Defiance and the better half...

mambonutz
06-06-2013, 03:14 AM
This thread is inspired by the 'Wife in search of Cannon' thread I saw.

I've been a gamer for many many years, and have to say that my spouse is the best when it comes to Xbox 360 gaming.

She doesn't play, but finds it entertaining to watch me explore the world, Also offering input at times.
When I get home from work, she asks me what I'm up to...and right when you may think that she'd have something for me to do around the house, she says "Are your buddies online? Why don't you play Defiance".

Music to my ears...lol
I'm responsible around the house, don't get me wrong, but you got to love that!

I'm just curious how all of you cope with this, and how it works out around your place.
I feel I'm lucky in the general gaming world, and want to know how many others have a GF/Spouse that allows for such a wonderful gaming experience.
Or, do you get the evil eye every time you turn on the console? ;)

SydSynister
06-06-2013, 03:22 AM
Lol, I'm the GF... I started off playing the Borderlands games with my boyfriend because in those we could splitscreen (I don't do too well out on my own in games, I like the back-up :P ), but Defiance not having that option was sort of a challenge.
We don't have a lot of extra spending money at the moment, but my boyfriend pretty much moved heaven and earth to get a second system and copy of the game so we could keep playing together.
I thought it was really romantic and sweet of him. :D

zambeezi
06-06-2013, 04:00 AM
My wife got back from Tesco and gave me a copy Defiance... She also bought me a Turtle Beach XP400 headset, so I can't complain!

It's great when your wife or girlfriend don't mind you playing games. Mine plays now and again, she loves Tomb Raider and we used to play split screen Halo CE and Ghost Recon on the old Xbox.

MRE
06-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Just Remember

"Defiance is Forever"

"A wife until Divorce"

mambonutz
06-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Just Remember

"Defiance is Forever"

"A wife until Divorce"

Boy, with a response like that...either you're single, or the wife is in another room.
I doubt she's looking over your shoulder at the moment.
LOL

MRE
06-06-2013, 04:57 AM
Boy, with a response like that...either you're single, or the wife is in another room.
I doubt she's looking over your shoulder at the moment.
LOL

My wife stood in the doorway bags packed and said (Fill in your own sentence game here) "One of us goes, the xbox or me"?
Hit me up on the xbox tonight if you are playing. ;)

Durva360
06-06-2013, 05:05 AM
My boyfriend and I share accounts on forums and on the xbox. We look forward to being able to play together one day but it sucks knowing I'll have to start over again when we pick up another xbox.

duction
06-06-2013, 06:08 AM
After weeks of playing defiance on the main tv I was told to take my xbox upstairs to the upstairs tv in the spare room, took it upstairs and after 2 days was told to bring it back down as she missed me lol!

In the week I just get echelon contracts done and go sit with her. On the weekends I play all day lol.

WHIP1TZ
06-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Wish I had a woman like that. I could spend all week with her and as soon as I turn the Xbox on during the weekend she stars *****ing and complaing. So now I just play all the time and tune her out.

mambonutz
06-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Wish I had a woman like that. I could spend all week with her and as soon as I turn the Xbox on during the weekend she stars *****ing and complaing. So now I just play all the time and tune her out.

That's great! 'Tune her out'...I'm very impressed that you came equipped with a back-up plan.

Executed like a true Defiance player.
Nice work, man.
:cool:

WHIP1TZ
06-06-2013, 06:50 AM
That's great! 'Tune her out'...I'm very impressed that you came equipped with a back-up plan.

Executed like a true Defiance player.
Nice work, man.
:cool:

Haha lmao thanks. Hey got to play at some point anyway. She knew I was a gamer when we started talking and now it's all she complains about. Can't stand hearing it. Thanks to my BO2 turtle beach headset I don't have to hear her lol.

mambonutz
06-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks to my BO2 turtle beach headset I don't have to hear her lol.

I have Turtle Beach as well. Yours must be with the new 'Huh'? adjustment on the volume level...lol

WHIP1TZ
06-06-2013, 07:03 AM
I have Turtle Beach as well. Yours must be with the new 'Huh'? adjustment on the volume level...lol

Yes that's the one. I think it has a mind of its own though cuz it will turn its self up so loud to where I can't hear to say "huh"? Lol. Weird electronics these day and age lmao.

lordchun
06-06-2013, 07:07 AM
I only work 3 days a week (got to love 12+ hr days) she works five. I get to play when she's at work

topcatfish
06-06-2013, 07:45 AM
my wife gave up long ago trying to complain about me gaming,25 yrs together next yr and im still playing whenever i want to,she even says im going to watch a film upstairs why dont you play xbox for a bit :D

stormbringer328
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
My wife is awesome. I've only been playing for six months. Disabled now. Sucks. But the game fills boring time. It was my wifes idea. I play a lot but she is awesome about it. Can't get her to play, but she acts interested when I talk about it and that ain't bad. I make sure to take some time out to attend to her needs of course. I feel bad for the guys Iplay with and hear wives or gfs yelling in the background. Yikes. I am lucky.

mambonutz
06-06-2013, 08:22 AM
she acts interested when I talk about it and that ain't bad.

Aren't they just being sweethearts when they do that? So nice!

stormbringer328
06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
I think it comes from a good place. I know it does. With mine at least. Can't say I dont do the same sometimes lol.

KyKass
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM
My husband and I game together. I get the controller while my husband watches and is amazingly supportive. He does a lot of the research and makes suggestions. For Defiance, he printed out the EGO perk grid and numbered them all. He wrote out a list of all the perks and descriptions and keeps track of which perks we have unlocked. He is my "wingman" helping me keep track of what's going on in a battle.

He is however hoping that I get bored with Defiance eventually, so that we can go back to Skyrim TES (his favorite). We are on our 4th character in TES. But we have been playing Defiance since launch day and I am still having a blast with Defiance, so he is trying to be patient.

It makes it much more fun when we are involved in a game together. I believe having common interests or at least being supportive of each other's interests is amazingly helpful in any relationship. We have been happily married for 26 years now!