PDA

View Full Version : Avenger kills for Echelon!

JimE1971
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Pvt Simpson: "Sir! I killed 130 enemy soldiers in acquiring our objective!"

Maj Jones: "Excellent private! How many of our troops fell in battle?"

Pvt Simpson" "None, sir. We managed to obtain victory with no casualties."

Maj Jones: "I see. This is not acceptable, private."

Pvt Simpson: "Sir?"

Maj Jones: "We want you to kill the enemy AFTER they have killed one of our own."

Pvt Simpson: "So I should've purposely let my teammates fall before killing the enemy?"

Maj Jones: "Precisely. Now go out there and try again. Avenge our soon to be fallen comrades, son!"

Firetalion
06-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Heh. Although, I think they use that regenerator device on all of their troops, repeatedly, so you can never really die. They just drop in a fresh reconstituted clone of you after.

So if it's your daily mission to kill after a comrade falls in an act of vengeance... then they'll keep throwing you and your buddies into the grinder until some of you die.

God bless reconstitution machines!

Nefarious
06-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Maj Jones: "We want you to kill the enemy AFTER they have killed one of our own."

Pvt Simpson: "So I should've purposely let my teammates fall before killing the enemy?"

Maj Jones: "Precisely. Now go out there and try again. Avenge our soon to be fallen comrades, son!"

lmao. So true.

Toolatetotalk
06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
This is the best post on the forums!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Ryme
06-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I also imagine them shipping in crates of Hellbugs to re-infest Diablo Oil, so that we can get enough Blast Pods.

bigdirty
06-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Wonder which MENSA member in the design team thought up the Echelon dailies? /smh

ironcladtrash
06-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I got a ton of rescue kills today. I was doing it wrong apparently.

bigdirty
06-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I got a ton of rescue kills today. I was doing it wrong apparently.

In Echelon, we let our bros die and then kill the bro who killed them.

Laggmaster
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Heh. Although, I think they use that regenerator device on all of their troops, repeatedly, so you can never really die. They just drop in a fresh reconstituted clone of you after.

So if it's your daily mission to kill after a comrade falls in an act of vengeance... then they'll keep throwing you and your buddies into the grinder until some of you die.

God bless reconstitution machines!

but when you start doing that you come to a question. is the regenerated clone the same as the original? do it have a soul? at what point are they just electro-chemical machines that someone can just throw into a grinder over and over again? is life realy precious or can someone just create a bunch of random generic traits and program them with generic memory?

... mostly just metaphysical questions that can never really be answered overall unimportant....

cusman
06-06-2013, 04:45 PM
I get lot more Rescue Kills than Avenger Kills... but I do get Avenger Kills reliably when I die myself with my last grenade tossed or I just hold on to the BMG firing button even after I am killed... the extra couple of seconds of still attacking has lead to many a Avenger Kill count.

I hope people realize you get these pretty naturally while just playing the best you can to win the match. It is only 5 of these... and I get at least one Avenger Kill (if not more) in every match.

Just because you can get some of those co-op kill things within 3-5 minutes, doesn't mean the PvP contracts need to be equally quick and unsatisfying.

Odessa
06-06-2013, 04:48 PM
My avenger kills are usually by me tossing a grenade or setting the person shooting at me on fire with my weapon. I die, then they die.

AmnesiaHaze
06-06-2013, 04:48 PM
avenger is the easiest daily task by far , next to getting just 20kills

equip a canker , meet a enemy , infect him , let yourself get killed when enemy is close to death and infected , avenge your own death with the canker continuous damage

got 5 avengers in just two matches like that

Silt
06-06-2013, 05:38 PM

equip a canker , meet a enemy , infect him , let yourself get killed when enemy is close to death and infected , avenge your own death with the canker continuous damage

Even though I agree in theory, my luck has it when I do this my teammate(s) come aorudn and get it for me...

Hiero Glyph
06-06-2013, 05:43 PM

Nice tactic, except for the needing to die part.

DaRkWoLfxx638xx
06-06-2013, 05:49 PM

+1 Awesome post

ironcladtrash
06-06-2013, 06:28 PM
I get lot more Rescue Kills than Avenger Kills... but I do get Avenger Kills reliably when I die myself with my last grenade tossed or I just hold on to the BMG firing button even after I am killed... the extra couple of seconds of still attacking has lead to many a Avenger Kill count.

I hope people realize you get these pretty naturally while just playing the best you can to win the match. It is only 5 of these... and I get at least one Avenger Kill (if not more) in every match.

Just because you can get some of those co-op kill things within 3-5 minutes, doesn't mean the PvP contracts need to be equally quick and unsatisfying.

On observatory I just got all these without trying and just playing to win. It was great to have teammates that actually played like a team today. However it is still a very funny contract that you have to let your teammate die in order to get.

oo629
06-06-2013, 07:42 PM
This reminds me of that GoW3 medal that was asking you to *execute* an ennemy that killed you 5 times in a row. Skipped it of course.