PDA

View Full Version : A question about the game

EvilWaterman
03-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Hi All,

Sorry if this has all ready been asked but I'm new to this game and although I can see that the game is a full retail purchase my question is this. As its an mmo, when released, is there a subscription to pay or is it a buy once then play for free? Also, will this game include micro transactions?

Many thanks for your help

Koimia
03-24-2013, 05:29 AM
When I was looking at the preorder page (http://www.defiance.com/en/pre-order/playstation-3/) under the price it says No Subscription Required. I'm guessing it's going to be like Guild Wars 2 where once you buy the game it is F2P... possibly with micro transactions, I don't know about that.

Darky
03-24-2013, 05:30 AM
there is no subscription you buy it once and you free to play it as long as you want, and yes there is micro-transactions but they stated its not going to be pay-to-win.

EvilWaterman
03-24-2013, 06:09 AM
Great! Thanks guys for your replies!

MAUL xx
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Is playstation plus required to play the game on PS3?

And, will anyone have a headset on PS3?

Darky
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
no PS+ is not required to play the game its not like xbox live service, PS+ is optional the basic PSN service is available for all.

am not sure what do you mean by "will anyone have a headset on PS3?" if you mean does the game support voice chat, then yes and if you meant does the PS3 come with a headset, then no you need to purchase one.

MAUL xx
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I just meant will anyone actually be chatting on there with an actual headset & not a pick up everything in the house BT one or not using one at all.

I knew XBL was required but wasn't sure about PS+. I was thinking about getting it for PS3 & letting my live sub expire.

ewen1972
03-25-2013, 03:36 PM
I think you can buy a season pass as well as the game, so they must be planning dlc/expansions, which won't have to be bought to play the game but will open up new areas/game play, I think

Darky
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I just meant will anyone actually be chatting on there with an actual headset & not a pick up everything in the house BT one or not using one at all.

I knew XBL was required but wasn't sure about PS+. I was thinking about getting it for PS3 & letting my live sub expire.
yeah there will be but you can only voice chat within your group which consist of 4 people including you

VillNess
03-25-2013, 05:21 PM

I'm sure you will find people with microphones (I bought a microphone for about 14 (around 12$ or something) and it was really good! It was from GameStop. I now have Headphones w/ mic.

Also you should buy a basic USB keyboard because it saves so much time when writing.

PS+ is awesome. I've been member since Sep 27th 2010, while it was kinda meh for a while it has now become ridiculously good! 1GB cloud save space (another 1GB for Vita), automatic game updates option, free full games (both, smaller and bigger AAA games), free avatars, themes, betas, some early access (like Journey).

I've got 88 games with PS+ so far (doesn't incluse vita games or games I already had)

List: gamespot.com/users/villness/blog

VillNess
03-25-2013, 05:24 PM
yeah there will be but you can only voice chat within your group which consist of 4 people including you

No voice chat for Clans?

They could take notes from DCUO. That game has really good chat. Voice chat problems though, which makes me worried Defiance will have also... And yes, I know they said voice chat will works as intended on full release, but still... We'll see and hope for the best :)

MAUL xx
03-25-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm sure you will find people with microphones (I bought a microphone for about 14 (around 12$ or something) and it was really good! It was from GameStop. I now have Headphones w/ mic.

Also you should buy a basic USB keyboard because it saves so much time when writing.

PS+ is awesome. I've been member since Sep 27th 2010, while it was kinda meh for a while it has now become ridiculously good! 1GB cloud save space (another 1GB for Vita), automatic game updates option, free full games (both, smaller and bigger AAA games), free avatars, themes, betas, some early access (like Journey).

I've got 88 games with PS+ so far (doesn't incluse vita games or games I already had)

List: gamespot.com/users/villness/blog

I was playing beta on 360 & that dang chat pad is too handy & party chat is nice to have. I do have the chat pad for PS3 but it's kinda a pain in the balls to use. I don't have to worry about charging anything on 360 as I use a wired controller & the chatpad doesn't just plugs into it. Now I could connect a usb keyboard to the PS3 but I really don't want to play on my bed & fiddle with keyboard so that aint happening.

+2 for 360 for communication

But I really like not being locked into a subscription on PS3 & would love to let my account drop to silver.

+2 for PS3 just for no required sub to play :)

So I'm still undecided.

I know what your saying about PS+ but I'm looking to get out of subscriptions.
I wonder how the game runs & looks on PS3 compared to 360.