PDA

View Full Version : SAW is the only good LMG

angryglock
06-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I have good examples of all the LMGs and they all pale in comparison to the SAW. How about a buff to the others? The Thunder's accuracy increase on sustained fire is really nice but the base damage is just too low. The SAW destroys it even with the SAW's recoil and slower RoF. The burst guns impulse between bursts and horrible accuracy make them unusable.

There are several ARs that are very good and three or four pistols as well but as it stands for LMGs it's the SAW all day every day.

Cavadus
06-06-2013, 04:25 PM
The SAW is not the only good LMG. People really need to learn how the EMC LMG works. At range the EMC LMG will destroy a SAW operator all day. SAW is better in CQB.

The two are balanced pretty well.

It's the two burst LMGs that suck.

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 04:28 PM
OP ... you know what happens when one gun is better than others?

Hint: the others are not buffed.

Nefarious
This is true. The EMC LMG needs a buff. I say faster reload to its basic stats. SAW needs more of a bloom to make it not as good outside of using it while overcharged. Maybe a tad bit longer reload to the SAW aswell. 400 base dmg along with automatic fire is pretty crazy so it needs to be unexcelled in other aspects.

Wtflag
*double post*

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
OP ... you know what happens when game developers feel that one gun is better than others?

Hint: the others are not buffed.

Nefarious
What about the VOT LMG. Thing shoots all over the place with crap DMG and crap range. That thing got shafted.

Hardlight
I agree, though the semi auto ARs are death lasers. They complement the saws very well.

Burncykle
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Good Aim + VBI Assault Rifle > ALL.

boosted gear
06-06-2013, 04:59 PM
With crit perks and mods the saw is deadly close range and far range its really easy to claw the controller and fire a succession of quick rounds off into the head close up if you fire from the hip with the crit perk and standing still the rectical is small enough to be accurate enough to be devastating even zoomed in close range as long as your getting crits its powerful.

I got a purple thunder today with nice bonuses like 10% ego boost on reload but when looking at the stats I couldnt make an argument not to scrap it I would take the lower damage and mag if it had a better crit multiplier, for a small rof increase its really not worth it. Dont get me wrong I love snipers but I can use a Saw more effectively as a long range weapon and thats not a complaint its just a great all round gun.

Elric1
06-06-2013, 05:18 PM
What about the VOT LMG. Thing shoots all over the place with crap DMG and crap range. That thing got shafted.

Yeah kinda makes you wonder how the Voltan collective ever put up a fight with such poopy weapons. No wonder someone brought the Volge.

Dooks
06-06-2013, 05:40 PM
SAW = 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on every Arkfall I do, anything other weapon = less than that. Now one could argue that I need to learn the other weapons, but why bother when I can rock $hlt with the SAW?

MagellanD
06-06-2013, 05:42 PM
NERFS! NERFS FOR EVERY GUN!!!!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6193/nerfhavokrapidfire44457.gif

baelrusk
06-06-2013, 06:08 PM
As far as I'm concerned.......the SAW is the best as long as you can learn to compensate for the recoil and burst and re-aim quickly. It does more damage per shot so it doesn't eat up ammo as quick as the others.

It's doing me great against those infected mobs since they tend to be large and start off grouped.

crasher
06-06-2013, 06:14 PM
The SAW is not the only good LMG. People really need to learn how the EMC LMG works. At range the EMC LMG will destroy a SAW operator all day. SAW is better in CQB.

Actually, the SAW with level-20 is pretty good, but I'm not going to make believe it should be the only tool in the toolbox.
Personally I prefer a high fall-off barrel and 1 to 2 shot bursts for sniping. I'm happy with it because that's what I do. I'm not the kind of guy who does the other jobs too well, or often. That said - I use a CS-X in slot 2 to blow the archers out if the SAW doesn't quiet them down fast enough.

My way isn't the best, it's just my way.

crasher
06-06-2013, 06:21 PM
This is true. The EMC LMG needs a buff. I say faster reload to its basic stats. SAW needs more of a bloom to make it not as good outside of using it while overcharged. Maybe a tad bit longer reload to the SAW aswell. 400 base dmg along with automatic fire is pretty crazy so it needs to be unexcelled in other aspects.
So if the SAW is so great that you have to nerf it, why in the world would you use a lesser weapon and then insist the one you don't want to use is crushed?
Close to 5 second mag-swap is plenty when you're having your lunch eaten, and I'm not going to use a 20-35 round mag against mobs and zombies as they bob/weave....

That just invites everyone spamming the AO with grenade launchers.

People don't play a game where the zombies eat them too often. :)

Dazz
06-06-2013, 06:28 PM

While I don't disagree with you, it seems kinda odd that the SAW is good for close quarters. I would normally think of them in a suppressive fire role at medium distance. These do rock when its up close and personal though.

angryglock
06-06-2013, 06:43 PM
While I don't disagree with you, it seems kinda odd that the SAW is good for close quarters. I would normally think of them in a suppressive fire role at medium distance. These do rock when its up close and personal though.

And to make matters worse the Thunder is actually awful from the hip. The accuracy seems near 0. It's really a one trick pony. It's very accurate once you hit about 2 seconds of sustained fire while ADS. It become like a laser on distant targets.

Don't get me wrong, I have two purple Thunders and I enjoy the thing they do well. When I solo I use them a lot. However they are not competitive in co-op at all. I consistently score higher using a similar SAW in Arkfalls. It's just that the Thunder's damage is too low. The saw kills in half the time at the same distance even having to control the recoil.

I don't want the Thunder buffed to the levels of the SAW in terms of damage but it needs about 30% more damage and maybe a faster reload or bigger mag to be a viable alternative.

DejaVooDoo
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM

this is only true if the SAW operator has never played a shooter before. If you feather the trigger, the SAW is stupid accurate at range with 0 falloff. Any non-SAW lmg is insta-scrap.

Pasha
06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Back then disruptor has 2/3 DPS of SAW it was my favorite gun despite 1.0 crit - due to lack of recoil. Never used SAW because its recoil is horrible. Suddenly disruptor DPS was nerfed by 50% to < 1k and it became unusable so I had to switch to SAWs which I kind of hate.

I feel like Trion simply does not want to see their customers happy.

Dazz
06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Back then disruptor has 2/3 DPS of SAW it was my favorite gun despite 1.0 crit - due to lack of recoil. Never used SAW because its recoil is horrible. Suddenly disruptor DPS was nerfed by 50% to < 1k and it became unusable so I had to switch to SAWs which I kind of hate.

I feel like Trion simply does not want to see their customers happy.

It sure seems like they put priority on aggravating their user base. :P

Pyth
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Rocker needs a recoil decrease, crit increase and a slight fire rate buff.
Disruptor needs better accuracy and a large rate of fire buff.
Thunder needs a fire rate buff.

But that's just my humble opinion.

fang1192
06-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm basically just quoting Pyth except for the last point.

Thunder needs a damage and mag buff.

Kessler
06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I salvaged a legendary thunder...I tried to like it because it was one of my first legendarys but hitting for 202 and critting for 236 just isnt going to cut it for anyone. Not even worth trying to trade it.