PDA

View Full Version : Any particular nano's good against specific badguy classes?

crasher
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Fire-spitting archers and warriors?

Electric archers and warriors?

The 'yellow/green' archers and warriors?

I've been trying to mix it up, but I'm not really sure of the results being certain or perceived since I'm just one data point in a sea of info.

Opinions on how 'what you're doing' is working for you at different stages, and what you've found?

I was distressed to find that 'Electric SAWs' weren't a magic bullet for scrappers, and I was surprised to find that Immu's work on them. Who knew you could grow ticks on a Forge?

Anyone had luck with the Bio-nano? I don't know when to use it, I'm frequently falling back on the syphon, just for safety's sake.

The fire is fun on mutants.

The electric works on warriors for a few seconds, and then they get over it and attack as normal.

Just looking for ideas to pass around.

Sometimes I wish I had a Super-Soaker and water balloons to hose the Fire and Electric guys down with.

angryglock
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I'd also like to know if mobs have resistances or weakness. It's pretty common in games with elemental attacks for there to be reasons to use one or the other depending on the mob. It adds a lot to the game play.

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Mobs have no nano resistances or weakness.

angryglock
06-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Mobs have no nano resistances or weakness.

Sad. At least they have other uses: Electrical = Chaining Stun, Biological = Slow and damage output debuff, Fire = DOT and panic, Radiation: Mob takes more damage, Syphon = Health leech. But what would Toxic do? I read it's bugged.

crasher
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Sad. At least they have other uses: Electrical = Chaining Stun, Biological = Slow and damage output debuff, Fire = DOT and panic, Radiation: Mob takes more damage, Syphon = Health leech. But what would Toxic do? I read it's bugged.
I *personally* haven't found the bio impressive, in that I don't want to give the badguy a headache, I want him DED'd.
Sooner is better.
Syphon helps me.
Like I said about electric, the warriors dance, then shrug it off. confusing.
I think the radiation is supposed to weaken shielding, and the toxic in reality is a different color of radiation, but I've only read rumor.
At least it looks cool when you use a toxic mag conversion in a vanilla weapon.

Azumi RM
06-06-2013, 11:54 PM
The toxic effect I can confirm is just to weaken the enemies. You will do more critical damage to the enemy if they are effected by it. It can also be stacked with radiation to give even more damage. Then add the perk for shield break damage increase and your 300 damage per shot weapon becomes 1000+ per shot critical.

Kibblehouse
06-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Personal opinion:

For Helbug Archers, nano makes no difference, you need to make them dead before a nano would have any effect, otherwise they are most likely blasting you or your arcfall-mates. For me Archers go the top of the priority list, I just switch to whatever kils them fastest, and close with them till they die (usually its a shotgun)

In general for all other Mobs, well I do like Fire, adds a nice damage tick, and as a bonus it lights them up if its dark or crowded. Electric is a good second choice. Siphon is nice but personally I never notice it triggering except for times I dont need it (of course I am sure it kicks in at other times, I am just to busy to notice)

Muffins
06-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Siphon is nice but personally I never notice it triggering except for times I dont need it (of course I am sure it kicks in at other times, I am just to busy to notice)
It's subtle but the syphon attack itself does damage I think.

My preference; LIGHTNING FOR EVERYTHING!
They go down quicker when they don't side step, I can snap to 'em pretty easily but I can't follow you when side stepping at 100% accuracy. And stop moving around so I can just pummel you with lead!!

Dazz
06-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Do nanos work for hellbug blast pods? I don't think I've ever seen them effected by them. I've never seen a crit shot on a blast pod either. What's up with those things?

Muffins
06-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Do nanos work for hellbug blast pods? I don't think I've ever seen them effected by them. I've never seen a crit shot on a blast pod either. What's up with those things?

I've seen them burn. Lightning doesn't affect them but they still take DOT damage from it.

Kibblehouse
06-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Nano's do work on blastpods, but this is something else that I personally want dead asap. Its nice to see them burn, but I'd rather see them dead before that happens.

And no I dont think they have a crit spot, at least I have never seen a crit hit from anything I have tried.

PS I love the one emergency that spawns 5 Blastpods in a tight area, if you dont see them spawn it gets real hectic in a hurry.