PDA

View Full Version : annoying persuits PVP...

LALLY
06-06-2013, 06:26 PM
any one else just playing pvp to get the persuits finished? just a few more to do then I don't think I'll be bothering with it any more, its great they added pvp but I cant get in to it at all...as en extra game mode its good, but as far as PVP go its not, I prefer just playing battlefield for that. I think the main reason is bunny hopping, that's why I never got in to Halo. Apart from that, im enjoying the rest of the game.

MagellanD
06-06-2013, 06:35 PM
any one else just playing pvp to get the persuits finished? just a few more to do then I don't think I'll be bothering with it any more, its great they added pvp but I cant get in to it at all...as en extra game mode its good, but as far as PVP go its not, I prefer just playing battlefield for that. I think the main reason is bunny hopping, that's why I never got in to Halo. Apart from that, im enjoying the rest of the game.

Two reasons I started playing PvP late
1.) Pursuits
2.) Nothing else to do that I didn't do.

Now its boring again.

Hiero Glyph
06-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Agreed. Bunny hopping + no fall damage make PvP incredibly cheesy. As I suggested previously, a player should at least become staggered when hitting the ground from above a certain height. I hated Halo's multiplyer because of the continuous jumping and Defiance is quickly degenerating into the same thing.

Did Earth's gravity someone get reduced to half or something? I don't see players on the show jumping non-stop or not taking fall damage. Trion cannot claim continuity and then have bad mechanics like these.

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 06:51 PM
PVP pursuits is mostly fine. You don't really need a lot of effort to complete them. (Compared to sniper from shadows 3 at least)

The problem is really the queuing for Shadow Wars. That is the tough part. I hope Trion lowers the minimum number needed to start it somewhat. Or hold some Shadow war event with cool rewards so there is enough people queuing.

ncanning
06-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Things aren't as bad now as they were, but for pursuits and contracts I think a shadow war should count for the "capture and hold" requirements.

I enjoy breaking up my grinding with a frieght yard fight, and would love to do shadow wars, but I find they need too many people too play and lag sooo badly that I can't enjoy them.

I'm also not having much luck with the destroy vehicle pursuits, if any one has tips, please share.

Andy UFC fan
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
any one else just playing pvp to get the persuits finished? just a few more to do then I don't think I'll be bothering with it any more, its great they added pvp but I cant get in to it at all...as en extra game mode its good, but as far as PVP go its not, I prefer just playing battlefield for that. I think the main reason is bunny hopping, that's why I never got in to Halo. Apart from that, im enjoying the rest of the game. Nope i don't even play for the pursuits and contracts. I can go without any of the PVP pursuits even if i don't get the achievements.

Sludge
06-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Jumping in shooters has existed since Quake 2 and probably earlier than that. In Defiance you take less explosive damage when you jump, and it's saved me from grenades often enough to be worth doing any time someone is using a detonator or explosive shotgun.

Wtflag
06-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Things aren't as bad now as they were, but for pursuits and contracts I think a shadow war should count for the "capture and hold" requirements.

I enjoy breaking up my grinding with a frieght yard fight, and would love to do shadow wars, but I find they need too many people too play and lag sooo badly that I can't enjoy them.

I'm also not having much luck with the destroy vehicle pursuits, if any one has tips, please share.

I also have problems with that. From my investigations, a derailer might be the best choice of weaponry for that.

tuckerpb
06-06-2013, 08:49 PM
PVP pursuits is mostly fine. You don't really need a lot of effort to complete them. (Compared to sniper from shadows 3 at least)

The problem is really the queuing for Shadow Wars. That is the tough part. I hope Trion lowers the minimum number needed to start it somewhat. Or hold some Shadow war event with cool rewards so there is enough people queuing.
that is easy to fix. make the que universal but the battle area random.

Space_Monky
06-06-2013, 08:53 PM
that is easy to fix. make the que universal but the battle area random.

i thought that is how it already works?

Kessler
06-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Destroying 50 vehicles in shadow wars is ridiculous. If someone rides to a point my first thought now has to be "destroy the vehicle!" forget about the opponent entirely or the quad will despawn too fast.

tuckerpb
06-07-2013, 01:00 AM
i thought that is how it already works?
not for SW. thoes at deamon ranch are in different match then ones at top notch ans so on.

Wtflag
06-07-2013, 01:08 AM
not for SW. thoes at deamon ranch are in different match then ones at top notch ans so on.

They changed it with the latest update.

It is not in the patch notes but there is only one queue now.

But it is still a b!tch to queue on weekdays.

Nicc0
06-07-2013, 01:29 AM
PVP with the constant abuse of infectors and shotguns is annoing,I'm doing it only to reach trusted status with echelon wich is a requisite for the last ego pursuit.
When I will get 600 echelon rep points I doubt I will join pvp anymore.

ironcladtrash
06-07-2013, 06:31 AM

So much this! I quit Halo too because of the bunny hopping but I went to COD. I usually don't play PVP games much anymore but need them here to get the suit from the last ego pursuit.

AmnesiaHaze
06-07-2013, 06:55 AM
yes , the only motivation to play pvp for me is to complete the pursuits asap so i dont have to play the pvp ever again

PitBull76
06-07-2013, 07:05 AM
Jumping in shooters has existed since Quake 2 and probably earlier than that. In Defiance you take less explosive damage when you jump, and it's saved me from grenades often enough to be worth doing any time someone is using a detonator or explosive shotgun.

Distance from the explosion should be the only thing that reduces damage, regardless of your elevation. The fact that bunny hopping also seems to make bullets pass through people without registering damage is also irritating. I want to get all the pursuits for PvP but I can only play a few matches a day because the inconsistency gets frustrating. If I shoot you, I shoot you. Whether your feet are on the ground or you are jumping around should not matter. A bullet going through your chest should cause the same damage.

greatdividers
06-07-2013, 07:09 AM
If I shoot you, I shoot you. Whether your feet are on the ground or you are jumping around should not matter. A bullet going through your chest should cause the same damage.

good thing that's how it works. what 'seems' to be happening to you doesn't actually happen. i'd recommend improving your aim so bullets connect more often

Indra Echo
06-07-2013, 07:11 AM

I've posted some suggestions (as have others) in the suggestions area. For those who think the PvP pursuits are super easy well they're easy FOR YOU. Not everyone loves PvP and a lot of people just plain hate it in any game. But, a lot of people want to complete all the pursuits. Destroying vehicles, well that's all but nearly impossible. One must be extremely lucky to even get that chance in a Shadow War. In order to do so, it's pretty much necessary to find a good camping spot (don't help capture points, so leave your team out to dry) and use some things that can buff vehicle damage ability. Maybe a rocket launcher that's used for that as well as perks. Get off a lucky shot and you might destroy a vehicle.

I also do agree that Shadow War accomplishments should count toward capture and hold pursuits. I think they should also consider creating alternate PvE accomplishments that would fulfill those PvP pursuits so that people can complete Echelon contracts and pursuits even if they don't ever want to play PvP.

You point out one thing that makes PvP somewhat impossible for some people-there seems at times to be far more lag (and often way more exploiting and general crappiness) that goes on in PvP. Part of the reason for some to really detest PvP. Others just don't want to be competing and like coop aspects more.

PitBull76
06-07-2013, 07:20 AM
good thing that's how it works. what 'seems' to be happening to you doesn't actually happen. i'd recommend improving your aim so bullets connect more often

My aim is just fine. I will admit that I am not among the top PvPers, but I know how to shoot. My guess is that you are one of those bunny hoppers and are just trying to defend it in the hopes they don't change things. That's fine if you are, I don't care. Just don't lie about it. You wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

cusman
06-07-2013, 07:39 AM

Yesterday, I went into Shadow Wars 4-5 matches back to back and got ~20 destroy vehicle credits. For whatever reason lots of people were playing Shadow Wars and the queues were just starting fast.

The key was using the Breaker Cannon "guided rocket" with Wrecking Ball perk. I have a level 3 mod on my scope to increase lock-on time. It locks on fast, projectile speed is fast, and the bonus damage against vehicles is such that it tends to take out enemy Rollers in one hit.

I have also tried the VBI Guided Rocket which has higher base damage but would take two hits to kill a Roller. I am thinking the vehicle damage bonus on this one must be lower than the Breaker Cannon.

I also have Deadly Cascade and Height Advantage perks but I am not sure if they are necessary / useful for the vehicle destructions.

greatdividers
06-07-2013, 07:41 AM
My aim is just fine. I will admit that I am not among the top PvPers, but I know how to shoot. My guess is that you are one of those bunny hoppers and are just trying to defend it in the hopes they don't change things. That's fine if you are, I don't care. Just don't lie about it. You wouldn't do it if it didn't work.

lol assumptions. you realize that bunny hopping makes it easier for skilled players to hit you, right? it makes your movement incredibly predictable because you can barely change direction in the air. it only makes it harder for people who can't adjust their aim vertically on the fly (read: baddies)

so no, i rarely ever bunny hop.

cusman
06-07-2013, 07:42 AM

I have suggested under Suggestions forum area that Shadow Wars start earlier since they already scale up nicely as more players enter the conflict. Go and vote for it there... the more people that back the suggestion the more likely Trion would be to make it a priority (I think).

Orbital
06-07-2013, 07:51 AM
I've finished most of them in the last couple weeks since they fixed the counts resetting. Although I am having a hard time finishing shadow wars since the queues don't seem to ever fill hardly. Also inner circle II doesn't finish the 15 clan mates thing even when there are 15 clan mates in the game, and the gm's are worthless on resolving it. They just give you the suck it up and wait for a fix excuse as usual.

cusman
06-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Distance from the explosion should be the only thing that reduces damage, regardless of your elevation. The fact that bunny hopping also seems to make bullets pass through people without registering damage is also irritating. I want to get all the pursuits for PvP but I can only play a few matches a day because the inconsistency gets frustrating. If I shoot you, I shoot you. Whether your feet are on the ground or you are jumping around should not matter. A bullet going through your chest should cause the same damage.

My suggestion for fixing people doing Bunny Hops is to add knock backs . If someone is in the air and gets shot, they ought to fall out of the sky and on their back. I don't think they should add fall damage etc cause the fast/free movement including vertical keeps the pace of the game very nice and the maps are designed for it.

When someone bunny hops, I use BMG on them... when I am using BMG then it does depend what the enemy is using as their weapon. They already fixed the Height Advantage perk to discourage bunny hops just to have higher damage bonuses. If they just add knock-back I think annoying use of bunny hops will be super discouraged.

Escyos
06-07-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm the guy just standing at the spawn spots.....just getting some of the easy pursuits started.

I do enjoy ramming the Cerberus full speed into the enemy Cerberus....

Orbital
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
If the bunny hopping bugs you try using sludge weapons some, I don't have too hard of a problem blasting them with my shotgun even when they hop around. A little more challenging sometimes but it usually doesn't save them. Finished up Arkfalls and Uplinks II, yay only need freight yard for dailies now.