PDA

View Full Version : Purple Hurricane/Rebel/Rhino, etc. Sell to merch, or salvage? scrip or ark-salvage?

crasher
06-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I've got the above, and I'll never use 'em. Mostly 2.5K range.

Is scrip, or salvage more useful to obtain?
I don't know whether to sell to the vendor of break them down.

Current value in scrip/salvage is ~1K +/- at Top Notch, so I assume all the vendors are about the same.

I'd give 'em away, but all the people that could use them are prolly selling/salvaging their own surplus of the stuff.
Tried to give them to some lower E-levels for later, they don't have the inventory space to waste.

Your opinions in this are of value to the economy discussion, please contribute. It's probably going to be a case of saving ark-salvage, and finding out that we need scrip for future ammo purchases, or something like that.

Thanks.

dominad
06-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I have lots of purple stuff I have no idea what to do with it.

DejaVooDoo
06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I go by the rule: Purple & Blue get sold, Green & white get salvaged. Though I often get lazy and just sell everything I don't want, white and green included.

Edit: btw, the prices are the same at all the vendors (just noticed that part of the OP)

poisd2strike
06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
As of right now, I would say Ark Salvage has more uses. Assuming, of course, you don't plan on buying items (for scrip) from another player.

Lord Zodiac
06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
If I don't have a need for it, I either salvage or sell it depending on what resource I need more.

Hiero Glyph
06-06-2013, 08:20 PM
As of right now, I would say Ark Salvage has more uses. Assuming, of course, you don't plan on buying items (for scrip) from another player.

Solid advice at this stage of the game. I would suggest building up a store of Scrip for future use and then salvaging everything. At some point we might get an auction house so having some Scrip in reserve can be useful, although currently it serves little purpose.

crasher
06-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Solid advice at this stage of the game. I would suggest building up a store of Scrip for future use and then salvaging everything. At some point we might get an auction house so having some Scrip in reserve can be useful, although currently it serves little purpose.
As far as I can tell, the main reason (for me) to get scrip is the 1 million mark pursuit. But I'm not in a hurry, and don't really know what I'll do with it once I get there. I buy a key for A.S. once in a while, and some shiny weapon for scrip if I'm bored, but now that I've got a better handle on weapons drops and a stockpile, I don't know what the devs have planned for us who don't guess correctly about what to horde.

So, yeah, I agree with the quote.

It's weird about how we started out hoping for a good green once in a while, and now we're trashing purps. (those of you who aren't here yet, it wont take you long, either. :) )

Hiero Glyph
06-06-2013, 08:35 PM
As far as I can tell, the main reason (for me) to get scrip is the 1 million mark pursuit.

FYI, just trade Scrip with a friend and it completely avoids the need to obtain 1 million. Trading 200k back and forth five times accomplishes the same thing.

misterwr0ng
06-06-2013, 08:57 PM
salvage everything. scrip is pretty much worthless at this point in time. unless of course they (Trion) have plans for it

Bored Peon
06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Depends what the bonuses are on those shields. Like Rhino Regenerator, Respark Regenerator, etc. If it does not have 2 names then it is most likely junk.

crasher
06-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Depends what the bonuses are on those shields. Like Rhino Regenerator, Respark Regenerator, etc. If it does not have 2 names then it is most likely junk.
Blockades, regeneraters, bullseyes.
Orange Rhino Grenadier V ARK.
Like I'm going to use that instead of a 'Spark.

I don't even know what the ARK means.

I salvaged all the mediocre stuff straight away, but this stuff seemed 'too good' to just scrap.

I'm a 'Respark' player, so all this other stuff is just 'stuff' to me, but stuff with possible potential to someone else.
I'm not offering to sell this stuff to anyone here, I'm not here for that.
Like I said, I tried giving it away.
I'm not hawking... just asking for what other people are doing with it. I hate the 'I wish I'd thought of that YESTERday' moment'.

I expect to quit playing before I ever get the email that says 'You can be on the show for 1 Bajillion scrip and A.S'.

Bored Peon
06-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Was really giving info/advice to other that might be wondering what is worth keeping and what is not. Obviously what each player keeps and hangs on to will depend on their inventory space.

I was just implying that just because its purple does not mean it is even worth saving. Like I keep getting ironclad IVs, 2000 shields is nice,yet they have no prefix to them so they are kinda junk.

I have also noticed that any shield III or higher is pretty rare in itself, no matter what the color is. I have never even seen a V shield yet. A clan mate got a III regenerator other day that had 50% health regeneration. A shield like that would be worth something to others.

Also factor in every 100 points of ego for a shield is about 20 more shield points. So you might be able to sell, trade, give away a higher shield just because it is an improvement to some other player.

Ghost MLP
06-06-2013, 11:08 PM
I find in most cases scrip is worthless, so unless you're in a hurry to hit the million scrip mark for the persuit my general rule is to break down everything because you need tons of ark salvage for adding mod slots and resetting weapon XP (I bring this up for those who still have the no EGO mission rewards as they are cheap to reset).

Of course, now that weapon XP can be reset I'm cycling the vendors for the mod deals and find myself selling whites and sometimes greens because now I can't get enough scrip, but still holding to the rule that blues and better are salvaged. Might change my mind once I have all mod slots on all weapons I intend to use for leveling (only a few left), but not too much, I think, so I don't lose too much to extraction fees.

Now if they ever add an auction house (only reason I'd consider using it is to buy and sell mods), well, that would be an interesting day.

Bored Peon
06-06-2013, 11:09 PM
An auction house was listed in things they wanted to add.

Azumi RM
06-06-2013, 11:11 PM
What's the stats on the Rhino? Don't sell it yet, I might be interested in it.

cusman
06-06-2013, 11:11 PM
I have never wanted to buy something and not have the money for it... but I keep having to save up Salvage to be able to do Salvage Matrix stuff like adding mod slots and stuff.

So I salvage everything from White to Purple... even if I have Mods attached which give you more money on sell and no additional salvage when you salvage it.

crasher
06-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Was really giving info/advice to other that might be wondering what is worth keeping and what is not. Obviously what each player keeps and hangs on to will depend on their inventory space.

I was just implying that just because its purple does not mean it is even worth saving. Like I keep getting ironclad IVs, 2000 shields is nice,yet they have no prefix to them so they are kinda junk.

I have also noticed that any shield III or higher is pretty rare in itself, no matter what the color is. I have never even seen a V shield yet. A clan mate got a III regenerator other day that had 50% health regeneration. A shield like that would be worth something to others.

Also factor in every 100 points of ego for a shield is about 20 more shield points. So you might be able to sell, trade, give away a higher shield just because it is an improvement to some other player.
Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to imply my statement was more important than yours.
I was keeping them, as you say, because they were purple, and might mean something I didn't know or understand.
I didn't want to toss them without knowing, and I'd rather give it away to someone who wasn't going to turn around and sell it.

crasher
06-07-2013, 12:07 AM
What's the stats on the Rhino? Don't sell it yet, I might be interested in it.

I don't want to turn this thread into that.
It's not Need/Want, and You/I respect these people more than that.

We're all just friends... :)

Nyymi
06-07-2013, 01:28 AM
I go by the rule: Purple & Blue get sold, Green & white get salvaged. Though I often get lazy and just sell everything I don't want, white and green included.

Edit: btw, the prices are the same at all the vendors (just noticed that part of the OP)

This!

Except i salvage blues as it is 750AS vs 430SC+ where purple is 1k worth of both, same goes with green and white where both gives more AS compared to SC.

Black_Adder_
06-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Salvage everything.

Burncykle
06-07-2013, 05:00 AM
My general rule of thumb is white and green get salvaged and all others get vendored. But if I am low on one of my resources for some reason, then I will either salvage everything or sell everything until I am comfortable with my resource levels again. So, really it just depends on what your stock pile looks like at the moment. At the moment though, ark salvage is more valuable than scrip.

Rakshasa
06-07-2013, 06:40 AM
I salvage everything blue and under, but purples cross the scrip vs. salvage line for me, so those get sold. Haven't made myself dispose of any of my rare oranges yet, but those would have to be sell rather than salvage too.

(Agree with the other guy here though... something like that orange rhino grenadier is a definite sell/barter-to-players item, if you can stand bothering with that side of things. Lots of people run with a good rhino in some special-purpose loadouts, resparks/rebels in others.)